PDA

View Full Version : Missing Dice Tower

GunbunnyFuFu
February 18th, 2017, 15:09
Good day all!

I've played several games where my dice tower has been missing in action...C&C & D&D5e. The DM has enabled the dice tower, and others seem to be able to use it just fine, but for me, the dice tower isn't where it should be, and doesn't appear on the FG table at all.

Just trying to troubleshoot this issue, as I've (and my DMs) have tried many, many things, including turning off, then on the dice tower in options, etc.

Your input would be greatly appreciated! I am running the latest version of FG (3.2.3 Ultimate)

Chris/GB

Trenloe
February 18th, 2017, 15:48
Nuke your player cache and try to if it's there after that.

GunbunnyFuFu
February 18th, 2017, 15:56
Will do. Thanks Trenloe!

Chris/GB

GunbunnyFuFu
February 18th, 2017, 15:58
Doesn't appear to have worked. I've started a new instance of FG (only the Wizards theme extension active) with the Dice Tower On option. Connecting locally, I still don't see the dice tower. I've went into my options as a player and verified that Table: Dice tower is on.

Chris

Trenloe
February 18th, 2017, 16:02
What versions of the CoreRPG and 5E rulesets do you see in the chat window?

Talyn
February 18th, 2017, 19:54
The Dice Tower is linked to two options and they both must be on:
Table: dice tower ON (obviously)
Chat: show GM rolls ON (totally not obvious!)

That's true across the board for all CoreRPG-based rulesets. Just something you have to "know" because I don't think it's documented anywhere besides the forums.

Andraax
February 18th, 2017, 20:19
The Dice Tower is linked to two options and they both must be on:
Table: dice tower ON (obviously)
Chat: show GM rolls ON (totally not obvious!)

That's true across the board for all CoreRPG-based rulesets. Just something you have to "know" because I don't think it's documented anywhere besides the forums.

All the second one does is control the Dice Tower on the GM's computer. If it's "On", then the Dice Tower shows up for the GM (so the GM can hide rolls). If it's "Off", the GM does not see the Dice Tower, because *all* of his rolls are hidden. The first controls whether or not *players* see the Dice Tower, and the second one has no effect on the players view of the Dice Tower.

Talyn
February 18th, 2017, 20:23
Ah cool! I hardly ever see the player view so I didn't know there was a difference. So many options are one-way: if the GM enables it, then it's enabled for the player.

Andraax
February 18th, 2017, 20:48
You should always log into your own campaigns to see what various options do to the player's view of your campaign. I find it essential to do so when developing my campaigns.

Zacchaeus
February 18th, 2017, 21:59
The missing dice tower problem has been fixed in V3.2.3 (although the version in chat will still show 3.2.2). Make sure that you have run an update (even if the button isn't red) and that both 5e and coreRPG rulesets say 3.2.2. in chat. If that doesn't fix the problem then make sure that you have no folders or .tmp files in your data/rulests folder. If you do delete them and do another update. As a last resort if that doesn't fix the problem then delete the 5e.pak and coreRPG.pak files in the rulesets folder and run another update which will force the download of the latest versions.

knucklehead
February 19th, 2017, 14:16
All the second one does is control the Dice Tower on the GM's computer. If it's "On", then the Dice Tower shows up for the GM (so the GM can hide rolls). If it's "Off", the GM does not see the Dice Tower, because *all* of his rolls are hidden. The first controls whether or not *players* see the Dice Tower, and the second one has no effect on the players view of the Dice Tower.

So... this should be in option tooltips. :)

GunbunnyFuFu
February 19th, 2017, 14:44
Chat indicates v3.2.2 for both 5E and CoreRPG rulesets. I've deleted any temp files and folders in the /rulesets folder, with no change. I have also deleted the 5e.pak as well as the CoreRPG.pak and redownloaded them with no change. When connecting to my local machine's FG session as a player, I do not have the dice tower, even if the dice tower is enabled in options. I've also removed all extensions and tried that, as well as turning on "Show GM Rolls". I think, from what I gather of this thread, is that this should also show the dice tower on the DM's client, but I don't see any dice tower there, nor do I see any dice tower when connected as a player. Ideas where to go from here?

Thanks,
Chris/GB

Trenloe
February 19th, 2017, 15:27
Try it in a new CoreRPG only campaign, no extensions.

GunbunnyFuFu
February 19th, 2017, 15:45
New CoreRPG campaign, no extensions, I see no dice tower, even though it's enabled in the options. I've attached at screen capture to show it.

Thanks for you help!

Chris/GB17976

Trenloe
February 19th, 2017, 15:47
Could you resize that player view so that it's the smallest it can go and then post a screenshot of the whole screen?

GunbunnyFuFu
February 19th, 2017, 18:28
Trenloe,

As requested!

Thanks,

GB

Trenloe
February 19th, 2017, 20:56
I'm leaning towards this being the bug that was present a couple of weeks ago.

I know you've said you've done this already, but could you try/check again:
Do you have a CoreRPG ruleset directory in your <FG App Data>\rulesets directory? If so delete/rename it.
Are you running in FG "live" mode?
Delete your CoreRPG.pak file in <FG App Data>\rulesets and run an update.

GunbunnyFuFu
February 19th, 2017, 21:29
Trenloe,

Did as requested, with no apparent change. Dice tower still isn't showing up. I've attached the most recent screenshot showing the player view showing the Dice Tower option on, but no Dice Tower present.

Thanks,
Chris/GB

Zacchaeus
February 19th, 2017, 21:42
I can't think of much eles you can do. Can you switch to test to see if it's working for you in v 3.2.4.

Trenloe
February 19th, 2017, 21:45
I can't think of much eles you can do. Can you switch to test to see if it's working for you in v 3.2.4.
Yeah, try that - and make sure the ruleset versions reported in the chat window are for v3.2.4.

GunbunnyFuFu
February 19th, 2017, 22:13
Dice tower shows up in 3.2.4

Thanks,

GB

Zacchaeus
February 19th, 2017, 22:18
Good. Strange how it doesn't work for you in live though since it does work for me.

GunbunnyFuFu
February 19th, 2017, 22:26
OK..

So, I went from Test to Live, and lo and behold I have a dice tower now!

Thanks all!

Chris/GB

Bidmaron
February 20th, 2017, 00:06
He hasn't checked duplicate install yet. If he has a duplicate install that could explain. Disregard. Ninja'd