PDA

View Full Version : Long-term CofC Keeper/Player – new to FG – help?

Doll of Cthulhu
February 18th, 2017, 00:19
Hi folks,

Hoping that someone in the community is able to pass on some help.

I've played and ran Cthulhu since the 80s (live) and have only recently just got into playing online (the usual: family, location, work etc.), found Roll20 lacking and so decided to fork out for FG. According to the blurb, all I had to do was 'check the Calendar for new games' which I've done, and done and done . . . and not one game is posted (for CofC).

That I totally get. There are games out there, but private, I presume.

My question is: how do I get past this hurdle? Do I need to go through a group, post an 'advert', know someone in advance?

FG looks to me like the best online platform out there, but I just can't seem to find any games apart from D&D.

If anyone reading this has a vacancy, I'm up for CofC, Runequest, Traveller, TOR, TOC etc., (pretty much anything apart from dungeon bashing). I'm GMT and can play 8pm onwards every couple of weeks (so it doesn't get in the way of my live group).

If there are no vacancies for current games, can anyone give advice on how to hear about/join new ones?

FG seems like a great community, and I'd love to be part of it . . . but am finding it difficult to know where to start.

Cheers!

Gav.

damned
February 18th, 2017, 02:10
Hey Gav it does take time to find a group and Call of Cthulhu games are much rarer than D&D games and they do tend to be in established groups for whatever reason.
Send me a PM if you have availability from 1130-1600 on Saturdays....

Logan-05
February 18th, 2017, 02:59
Hi Gav. Welcome to Fantasy Grounds. I wanted to acknowledge your post and let you know that I've brought it to the attention of the keeper running our game. I'm not sure what our head count is at present, so I can't promise anything. But I did want you to know that your forum post has not gone unnoticed!

Cheers,
Dan

Hi folks,

Hoping that someone in the community is able to pass on some help.

I've played and ran Cthulhu since the 80s (live) and have only recently just got into playing online (the usual: family, location, work etc.), found Roll20 lacking and so decided to fork out for FG. According to the blurb, all I had to do was 'check the Calendar for new games' which I've done, and done and done . . . and not one game is posted (for CofC).

That I totally get. There are games out there, but private, I presume.

My question is: how do I get past this hurdle? Do I need to go through a group, post an 'advert', know someone in advance?

FG looks to me like the best online platform out there, but I just can't seem to find any games apart from D&D.

If anyone reading this has a vacancy, I'm up for CofC, Runequest, Traveller, TOR, TOC etc., (pretty much anything apart from dungeon bashing). I'm GMT and can play 8pm onwards every couple of weeks (so it doesn't get in the way of my live group).

If there are no vacancies for current games, can anyone give advice on how to hear about/join new ones?

FG seems like a great community, and I'd love to be part of it . . . but am finding it difficult to know where to start.

Cheers!

Gav.

Doll of Cthulhu
February 18th, 2017, 08:13
Hey, Damned and Logan!

Thanks very much for the quick reply and welcome! Sadly, Damned, that time at weekends is firmly family time, but I appreciate the invite.

Logan, thanks for putting my name forward - 8pm onwards GMT is a good time for me, if that helps.

I thought that the lack of Cthulhu games in the calendar was probably down to established groups so thanks for confirming. I'll keep plugging away. ��

Cheers guys!

dragonheels
February 18th, 2017, 12:56
Hello Doll of Cthulhu,
I'm French speaking and play Cthulhu in French, but I just wanted to know I did discover FG on a French forum specialized in Pen of paper role-play. On this forum, many people discuss about all about RPG and organised games and so on, all platform included. As FG is one of the best in my sense, maybe it exists on the net such 'neutral' forum where people go and find other players ? I know there also exists google group and so on. Do not hesitate to post on those too mentioning your wishes to play Cthulhu on FG...