PDA

View Full Version : Load Campaign Error..

ShotGun Jolly
February 17th, 2017, 23:59
Hey Guys,

I started getting this error out of the blue for some reason and I have no idea what i did to cause it, or why it started.

When ever I turn on FG and go to the load campaign field, I get this error pop up..

Wierd!!

Any idea??

Zacchaeus
February 18th, 2017, 00:10
Looks like a problem with an extension. Try a new campaign with no extensions. You can then re-enable them one at a time until you find the one with the problem.

Trenloe
February 18th, 2017, 00:25
This occasionally happens, I've seen it mentioned a couple of times before. For whatever reason the extensionstate.xml file has become corrupt. Go into the <FG app data>\campaigns\<campaign name> directory for that campaign and delete the extensionstate.xml file. You will have to re-enable any extensions you had activated before as these are stored in this file.

ShotGun Jolly
February 18th, 2017, 00:42
Thanks! yeah.. another side effect I have been having is that its been corrupting my Campaign db.XML file. Been rewriting it with gibberish. Luck for me, I had just backed it up an hour before. But it has been corrupted 3 times, and I had this posted error 3 times, so for some reason I think they are related. :(

Trenloe
February 18th, 2017, 02:12
You're not using any active sync/backup applications on your FG app data directory are you? Like DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.?

damned
February 18th, 2017, 02:15
Thanks! yeah.. another side effect I have been having is that its been corrupting my Campaign db.XML file. Been rewriting it with gibberish. Luck for me, I had just backed it up an hour before. But it has been corrupted 3 times, and I had this posted error 3 times, so for some reason I think they are related. :(

Something else is corrupting these files Shotgun.
You are not pointing your /campaigns folder at OneDrive/DropBox/GoogleDrive are you?

ShotGun Jolly
February 18th, 2017, 02:34
Something else is corrupting these files Shotgun.
You are not pointing your /campaigns folder at OneDrive/DropBox/GoogleDrive are you?

Trenloe and Damned

I do not think so.. It just suddenly started to happen.. very weird. I use google drive for my backups but nothing automated as far as I know. I am not even sure how I can find out. Ill check it out though. Its not that bad, I only lost my roughly 4 hours of work total.

But its weird though.. Ill let you know if I was auto synced or not when I find out how.

ShotGun Jolly
February 18th, 2017, 03:01
Yeah, nothing is updating as far as I can see. Just realized though, that what ever was doing this caused my mod file I was working on was actually corrupted as well. :( so I pretty much everything I did worked on yesterday. Oh well, maybe it was just bad timing?

Oh well.. spilled milk.

Trenloe
February 18th, 2017, 03:34
Yeah, nothing is updating as far as I can see.
Do you mean no FG campaign data is being saved? If so, look at this thread for things to check/fix: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options

ShotGun Jolly
February 18th, 2017, 04:29
The only clue I can tell you is this.

When I finished for the night, i updated the mod file. When I opened it up again this evening. I got the same error and my mod file would not opened. Turned the mod in game and it wasnt listed.

Went to the folder and tried to change to a zip file and it said it was corrupted. When I finally managed to open it, the only xml file in it was the defintion.xml. So, something crossed wires somewhere.

damned
February 18th, 2017, 04:39
What is your FG data path?

ShotGun Jolly
February 18th, 2017, 05:14
What is your FG data path?

Its the default as per standard installation.

Trenloe
February 18th, 2017, 06:11
Its the default as per standard installation.
Please tell us what it is on your install. For a while FG changed to install in \ProgramData which did cause a lot of problems. See the details in the link I posted above.

ShotGun Jolly
February 18th, 2017, 06:36
C:\Users\Jeffery\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds

One thing I just noticed while I was working tonight, is usually I get a message in the chat window every so often saying everything saved successfully, I am not seeing that happen tonight. I am afraid to turn it off now.. lol

Trenloe
February 18th, 2017, 06:37
One thing I just noticed while I was working tonight, is usually I get a message in the chat window every so often saying everything saved successfully, I am not seeing that happen tonight. I am afraid to turn it off now.. lol
The save message hasn't been in the chat window for a couple of years. It's now in the console. Open the console to see the regular auto save messages.

ShotGun Jolly
February 18th, 2017, 07:04
The save message hasn't been in the chat window for a couple of years. It's now in the console. Open the console to see the regular auto save messages.

Really??? Gosh.. I thought for sure I saw it last week! oh well.. you get so use to seeing somethings... damn false memories!

I just watched it update. So yeah, that's working.

But I have not changed any settings yet, as per that link. And I just tested it, everything reloaded fine and my module updated properly.

The only other clue which I failed to mention, is that when I did turn everything on today and noticed the issue, there was several DB Backups.XMLs. But that was for the day previous. Nothing for the night when i put in the work which I had lost.

Unless windows did something funky that night and thats why I started to get that load error?

Was there an update the other day?
I can not recall if there was, I updated MoreCore 3 days ago but I did add some DOE extension files and used them that night, but turned them off after.. I don't think that would do anything, could it?

Regardless, Ill keep an eye on it, and if it happens again I will log it and report it.