PDA

View Full Version : Worlds riches Party

bnickelsen
February 15th, 2017, 12:16
So my party has started to collect a large selection of items. The Title of the post is a jest. Although the list of Items is growing the value is not in the Gold value but in their ability to have the tools and supplies they need basically at their finger tips.

So I am looking for suggestions on managing the gear and stuff they have. Edit I just realized you can add lines to the inventory tab.

So far I have added a PC to act as a mule. each player can take control of the Mule and swap up items as needed. Plus they all have a list of gear on their own sheet not counted as being carried. But I just noticed that teh mule and several players are about to run out of space on the inventory tab. The mule has one slot left.

Edit: I just realized you can add lines to the inventory tab.

Still would be great full if anyone could share suggestion on how they have managed gear and loot.

damned
February 15th, 2017, 12:22
Encumbrance!
Even if you arent using Encumbrance rules - make some sort of house rule and enforce it at least loosely if the players are not being somewhat sensible...

JohnD
February 15th, 2017, 13:37
Exercise restraint and don't give out so much.

Andraax
February 15th, 2017, 13:51
Use the inventory tab of the party sheet to manage "group" items.

LindseyFan
February 15th, 2017, 20:54
Enchanted rust monsters with a taste for luxury.

LordEntrails
February 15th, 2017, 23:02
Use the inventory tab of the party sheet to manage "group" items.
This is what I do. Just put "Mule" or "Wagon" or such in the entry for character assignment. That way the item won't get sold and you have a record of where it is. You will get a lit of errors in the chat window saying such a character doesn't exist when you distribute, but that hardly matters if you know why the errors are being reported.

Andraax
February 15th, 2017, 23:11
I just leave them in the party sheet. Party members can take items out or put items back as needed. I put "keep" in the assignment if I use the sheet to sell items. Or you can change the value to "0" then it won't sell it.

BubbaGrim
February 16th, 2017, 00:45
My characters have created PC's that they name and use as inventory drops. I have a Drow assassin who has befriended a local alchemist and she 'rents' a shelf in his lab that she has named "Lu's Shelf/ Sparrow-Wight Inventory".

Ardem
February 16th, 2017, 03:14
My party was racking up the gold, so I forced them into receiving a baron. Now the prince requires they build a castle, to stop raiders and also employee hunters and sheriffs. So force them into feudalism and they will never have enough gold. <evil grin>

JohnD
February 16th, 2017, 03:35
My party was racking up the gold, so I forced them into receiving a baron. Now the prince requires they build a castle, to stop raiders and also employee hunters and sheriffs. So force them into feudalism and they will never have enough gold. <evil grin>

Responsibility sucks the gold right out!

Ardem
February 16th, 2017, 04:51
Just like kids, hmmm that might be next for a couple of them that like to visit certain establishments.

Andraax
February 16th, 2017, 05:07
My current campaign, the party has a patron that they have agreements with to turn over a large chunk of all recovered treasure.

CMYKMatter
February 16th, 2017, 15:18
I'm tossing a homebrew at mine to suck the money out:

https://walrock-homebrew.blogspot.com/2016/08/worldbuilding-option-fortresses-temples.html