PDA

View Full Version : Still having connection issues.

Jaystewy
February 15th, 2017, 03:18
Hey yall, was seeing if anyone can help me with my connection test for Fantasy Grounds. I've logged into my router and opened port forwarding 1802. I've done the test with canyouseeme.org and its coming up with "Error: I could not see your service on 67.###.###.### on port (1802)". I've even turned off my firewall and still not allowing me to connect. Please help, any help here would be AMAZING!

LordEntrails
February 15th, 2017, 03:28
Hey Jaystewy, welcome to the community.

I can help a little bit, but don't worry, if my suggestions aren't enough, one of the guru's will be along shortly.

First, do you have a modem and a router? If so, you will have to port forward your modem to your router, and then your router to your computer. And, if you are running on a Mac, then their might be another place you have to configure in the emulator (but I don't really know, as I don't do Mac).

Next, does your ISP support IPv4? Depending where you are (Europe is especially likely for this), they might be using IP pooling (or something that sounds like that!) and you will be forced to go to a VPN solution.

But, try that first thing first and then let us know what's up.

Jaystewy
February 15th, 2017, 04:50
I think that may be the problem. I'm trying to figure out how to open my secondary to the primary. I am hooked up to the secondary device. Thanks to my "Non computer skills" this is becoming a real pain!

damned
February 15th, 2017, 06:00
I think that may be the problem. I'm trying to figure out how to open my secondary to the primary. I am hooked up to the secondary device. Thanks to my "Non computer skills" this is becoming a real pain!

If you cant work it out send me your email address via PM and Ill give you a hand.

Jaystewy
February 16th, 2017, 03:50
Thank you sooo much! I was having an issue due to having a modem and a router. Thanks again for the help!!