PDA

View Full Version : One Shot: D&D 5E - Fort Massacre

Artrem
February 14th, 2017, 13:20
In an area recently freed from the assaults of a powerful white dragon, an oft-destroyed military outpost has been rebuilt and now grows prosperous. The walls of the fort are sturdy, and both civilian and military inhabitants have eased into a routine in the thriving community. However, an unlikely prophecy from a mysterious visitor starts a chain of events that threaten the outpost—and all its inhabitants—once again.

Come join for a night of fun in this one-shot adventure. If you don't mind terrible voice acting by the DM, general mischief, and some roleplaying excitement, then this game is for you!

FG License: Ultimate (anyone can join the game, even demo users)
Game System: DnD 5e (flanking variant rule and crit/fumble table).

Date and time [EDT] (UTC: -5): Friday 2/17/17 @ 10pm EDT
Characters: Level 9 Characters (Standard ability point distribution (15,14,13,12,10,8), or standard 27 point buy); I will have server up one hour prior to gametime for character generation if needed.

Text or Voice: Voice mostly, text can be used, but only for emotes, whispers, etc
Voice software used: FG-Con's TeamSpeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: Depends on the party, but it's a one shot so we'll say 30/70
Max number of players: 5 (anymore seems to diminish the roleplaying)
Planned Game Duration: 4-6 hours (until the module ends)
Gameplay: I am all about moving the story forward and less about rule lawyering. I do want play by the rules, but I'd rather enjoy the roleplaying and story than arguing about the rules. I am still learning the rules, so mistakes I can guarantee will be made by me. If this is ok, please join up.
Player Experience: Any type of experience is welcome, new players or experienced players. Just looking to have a great time.

DM's Request: If you decide that this game is not for you, or that you cannot make the game after signing up; please just let me know in either a post here, post in the calendar, private forum message, carrier pigeon, or smoke signals. We all know that things happen and real life may interrupt. I promise, if something happens to me, I'll do the same for you and let everyone know. There is nothing more frustrating then waiting for a player or turning away players and then having someone not show up for a game without sending any message. Even worse is when they don't even send a message after the game is played. It's unfair to the players that have signed up, the players that we have turned away due to group being full, and not fair to the DM. (Sorry for the rant, but if it offends you, then you may not want to sign up for this adventure).

If still interested, please post here AND on the calendar.

Thanks for your time reading the post,
Artrem

Game Calendar Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2419)

GunbunnyFuFu
February 14th, 2017, 14:31
Artem,

Count me interested!!

BDaniel
February 14th, 2017, 14:31
To whom it may concern,
I have played in multiple one-shots and have campaigned for the last 9 months with GM Artrem. I can with out doubt say he is one of the best GM's I have adventured with. If you wish to have loads of fun and likely tears from laughter, then this GM's one-shot is for you. If I were not going out of town this weekend, I would be all over this. Good luck to those that sign up, buckle up and enjoy the ride!

SF
BDaniel

goodmanje
February 14th, 2017, 14:39
I'm in.

Braven
February 14th, 2017, 20:50
I'm new to fantasy grounds, but not to DnD. I'm also from the UK so it will be an odd time for me.

If you can put up with these two facts, I'm in!

Wolf Cline
February 15th, 2017, 00:05
I'm interested, but i'm new. I have played savage land once though.

Artrem
February 15th, 2017, 00:25
@ Gunbunnyfufu: Sounds great, glad to have you aboard!

@bDaniel: Thanks for the kind words Brian, I appreciate the comment. I am sorry you'll be out of town for this one. I will see you next Thursday for the ongoing POTA campaign.

@goodmanje: Awesome, should be a blast.

@Braven: I have no issues with either fact. It will be a good way to get more comfortable with Fantasy Grounds program and many of the things it offers.

@Wolf Cline: Glad to have new players to the table. We all start somewhere, should be a blast.

I am off to work, but more details on character creation tomorrow when I get home from work. Thanks for all the quick replies!

Wolf Cline
February 15th, 2017, 00:26
could you help me out

tsemana
February 15th, 2017, 04:58
Signed up on the calendar. Waiting on Character creation details!

Gruuvie
February 15th, 2017, 05:47
I'd Love to join your game! I'm just getting into Fantasy Grounds, having DM'd 5e on roll20 and tabletop for the last two years. I really want to join a game as a player. It's been too long!
I have a Tiefling Valor Bard that I'd like to play with named Mind Your Own. My backstory involves treachery in the cutthroat world of circus arts. I'm a thoughtful player with a team-oriented attitude!
Do you have room for me?

Artrem
February 15th, 2017, 11:54
@Wolf Cline: Absolutely I am willing to help out, we can plan on meeting prior to gametime to work things out. I am available about 90 minutes prior to gametime on Friday, or if that doesn't work out, I can possibly meet sometime on Thursday to work out the character.

@tsemana: Thanks for signing up!

@Gruuvie: Hey Gruuvie, I appreciate the interest but I do lock my games at 5 players and the posts above have filled up the group unless someone is unable to attend. I prefer 4 players but play with 5 players during one shots. I feel that keeping the party small allows more roleplaying and hopefully keep people from feeling left out due to everyone else trying to get their talking time. If someone drops out, I'll be sure to let you know. Due to the fast replies and filling slots for this one shot, I am possibly thinking about running a different one-shot on Saturday night, but I am not sure at this point. If I do, I'll let ya know! Again, thanks for the interest and sorry that it filled prior to your post.

Character Creation: (If anyone needs help with creation or with creating in FG, please let me know. I do have PHB and you are free to create on the server to be able to use this option to help create those characters)

Races: Any race in official Wizards PHB: players handbook, or SCAG: sword coast adventurer's guide (sorry no Volo races)
Classes: Any classes from the official Wizards PHB, SCAG, or the unearthed arcana variants from the wizards.com website (you can multiclass if you'd like, but please follow the rules in the PHB)
Ability Points: As described above, you can use standard point buy (15,13,12,11,10,8) or the PHB 27 point buy system (no points higher than 15 or lower than 8 to start); Be sure to add ability points at appropriate levels per your character class
Backgrounds: Any background from the PHB, SCAG
Feats: Allowed from PHB
Equipment: 700gp worth from PHB (no magical item purchases); Magic Item Table will be randomly rolled for each player just prior to start of one-shot

Please feel free to discuss in the thread what type of character you want to play, that being said, I am a firm believer in playing a class you want to play, please do not feel that you have to be the 'rogue' since no one else has taken the class. The one shot can be completed by a full group of all rangers if you desired to do so. Same goes with healing classes, if you don't have a healer, I'll be sure to have ways for your group to heal. So, please play what you want to play, it's the best way to game in my opinion!

Can't wait for Friday night and look forward to seeing you all then! Any other questions, please feel free to post here or send me a pm!

Artrem

tsemana
February 15th, 2017, 12:52
Sweet! My character will be a scout, formerly of a mercenary company (UA revised Ranger 5/UA Bard 4). Can't wait!

GunbunnyFuFu
February 15th, 2017, 12:55
I will likely do a Lawful Neutral Dwarven Fighter (Battlemaster), Mercenary Veteran background...on the front lines! Tsemana, perhaps the same Mercenary company as your Scout?

GB

tsemana
February 15th, 2017, 13:06
I will likely do a Lawful Neutral Dwarven Fighter (Battlemaster), Mercenary Veteran background...on the front lines! Tsemana, perhaps the same Mercenary company as your Scout?

GB

Gunbunny That sounds awesome!

Braven
February 15th, 2017, 14:32
I would like to give a cleric (tempest) a go, having never played one or a paladin if we don't have one.
I will build characters traditionally before hand so hopefully the transfer to FG will be easier. I will also log on early so we can start on time.

Wolf Cline
February 15th, 2017, 17:24
I would like to play a human fighter

Gruuvie
February 15th, 2017, 19:37
Aww! lol. Well thanks anyways. I'll be available if someone drops out. I wouldn't be available for a Saturday game, but I'd be happy to join another game another time. Thanks for letting me know!

goodmanje
February 16th, 2017, 02:49
Thinking about a Warlock... I never play magic users so I thought I'd give it a try. Having problems making the character though.... The "Eldritch Invocations" just appear as normal spells and I'm not sure how to keep them from using a spell slot. NOOB

goodmanje
February 16th, 2017, 03:15
Actually probably going with a Monk... The Warlock was too confusing. I'm new to 5th Edition.

goodmanje
February 16th, 2017, 04:09
I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out of this one... I've tried making two characters now and creating the actions for everything just isn't working out. I don't want to wait till game day to make one because I won't have time to understand all of the abilities the character has available. Have fun with this one fellas!

BDaniel
February 16th, 2017, 04:31
I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out of this one... I've tried making two characters now and creating the actions for everything just isn't working out. I don't want to wait till game day to make one because I won't have time to understand all of the abilities the character has available. Have fun with this one fellas!

I sent you a PM.

GunbunnyFuFu
February 16th, 2017, 11:36
I'll happily lend a hand in setting up the actions, goodmanje, if you're still interested in playing.

Artrem
February 16th, 2017, 12:03
@goodmanje: I am more than willing to help you out with character creation, or I can give you a pre-gen character for the adventure as well (thanks to bdaniel btw). I don't want you to drop out just because of character creation, if that's the reason, please allow myself or gunbunnyfufu help ya out. We have all started new at some point and I am all about helping out in the middle of the game if needed for new players. Please just let us know either way, so we can plan accordingly.

I love everyone's character ideas, I'll plan on being online early to help out with any character creation stuff. If we start a little late due to character creation, it's cool. I feel that the one shot probably will be shorter than planned so shouldn't be a huge deal.

@tsemana: I do have some of the UA actions for the ranger already created for someone who was in my ongoing POTA campaign, I don't have the bard one's created yet. If you need help or don't have them, just let me know.

@Gruuvie: Thanks for understanding, if goodmanje does drop out, I'll send you a pm to let you know as you're the next one in line for the game slot.

A question did come up about hit point generation, if you want you can take the average hp's per the class description or you can roll for your hp. I just ask for honesty in your rolls if you roll the hp's.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask. As for the server info and teamspeak stuff, I'll be sending out a pm tomorrow to the players involved (it will also be on the game calendar as well)

goodmanje
February 16th, 2017, 12:46
I don't mind taking a pregen if you have them available. Thanks!

Artrem
February 16th, 2017, 12:50
I don't mind taking a pregen if you have them available. Thanks!

Absolutely! Whatever class you'd like to play will work. Just let me know. See you tomorrow!

goodmanje
February 16th, 2017, 13:07
I think I'll just keep it simple and go with a human fighter if you have one.

Tozzax
February 16th, 2017, 14:50
I'm very interested, I will start building my character now if you'll have me. Are there any restrictions on books, I have almost everything 5e in FG.

BDaniel
February 16th, 2017, 16:22
[QUOTE=Tozzax;321795]I'm very interested, I will start building my character now if you'll have me. Are there any restrictions on books, I have almost everything 5e in

Topaz,
Read below this is from GM Artrems post on character creation on this thread.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *******************

Character Creation: (If anyone needs help with creation or with creating in FG, please let me know. I do have PHB and you are free to create on the server to be able to use this option to help create those characters)

Races: Any race in official Wizards PHB: players handbook, or SCAG: sword coast adventurer's guide (sorry no Volo races)
Classes: Any classes from the official Wizards PHB, SCAG, or the unearthed arcana variants from the wizards.com website (you can multiclass if you'd like, but please follow the rules in the PHB)
Ability Points: As described above, you can use standard point buy (15,13,12,11,10,8) or the PHB 27 point buy system (no points higher than 15 or lower than 8 to start); Be sure to add ability points at appropriate levels per your character class
Backgrounds: Any background from the PHB, SCAG
Feats: Allowed from PHB
Equipment: 700gp worth from PHB (no magical item purchases); Magic Item Table will be randomly rolled for each player just prior to start of one-shot

Please feel free to discuss in the thread what type of character you want to play, that being said, I am a firm believer in playing a class you want to play, please do not feel that you have to be the 'rogue' since no one else has taken the class. The one shot can be completed by a full group of all rangers if you desired to do so. Same goes with healing classes, if you don't have a healer, I'll be sure to have ways for your group to heal. So, please play what you want to play, it's the best way to game in my opinion!

Can't wait for Friday night and look forward to seeing you all then! Any other questions, please feel free to post here or send me a pm!

Artrem******************************************** ************************************************** **************************************

Wolf Cline
February 16th, 2017, 17:11
Absolutely! Whatever class you'd like to play will work. Just let me know. See you tomorrow!

I guess i wont be a human fighter
Instead can I be a werewolf

Wolf Cline
February 16th, 2017, 17:17
Any body who hasnt signed on needs to

tsemana
February 16th, 2017, 17:55
@tsemana: I do have some of the UA actions for the ranger already created for someone who was in my ongoing POTA campaign, I don't have the bard one's created yet. If you need help or don't have them, just let me know.

Artrem, I spent a good deal the other day creating that char and setting up all the powers so it was all good to go. Unfortunately, I had family plans for tonight (Thursday) that are looking like they're falling apart, so the current plan is to move it to tomorrow. Unfortunately this means I need to give up my spot to someone waiting.

Truly disappointed! :mad: Gunbunny and I have been exchanging pms for our mercenary backstories!!!

NEways, happy to send along the character if anyone has use of it

Tozzax
February 16th, 2017, 20:06
I am putting together an interesting Monk/Warlock bounty hunter. I do not know where I stand in line for this one shot, but would like to reiterate my interest.

Artrem
February 16th, 2017, 22:15
I am putting together an interesting Monk/Warlock bounty hunter. I do not know where I stand in line for this one shot, but would like to reiterate my interest.
Hi Tozzax, Sorry I didn't get back earlier to the thread. Unfortunately, work schedules make it difficult to post as often as I would like to do so. Currently, we have a slot open but Gruuvie has first shot at it as he was the first alternate, then inos2711 (who posted in calendar and sent a pm yesterday), then I have you up next. That being said, there have been times with one-shots that I've dm'ed that ppl don't show or don't reply when they don't initially get in the group. I will let you know if the other two are not available as well. Thanks for the interest. I will keep you posted via thread or pm's.

Artrem, I spent a good deal the other day creating that char and setting up all the powers so it was all good to go. Unfortunately, I had family plans for tonight (Thursday) that are looking like they're falling apart, so the current plan is to move it to tomorrow. Unfortunately this means I need to give up my spot to someone waiting.

Truly disappointed! :mad: Gunbunny and I have been exchanging pms for our mercenary backstories!!!

NEways, happy to send along the character if anyone has use of it

Family first as always! Thanks for letting me know and I was looking forward to seeing the character build as well as the interactions with Gunbunny. When I run another one shot, I'll send you a message so hopefully I can see the ranger/bard combo you made up for this one. I'm sure we'll have other opportunities to play in the future. Thanks for the interest in the one shot.

I guess i wont be a human fighter
Instead can I be a werewolf

Hey Wolf, you can still be a fighter if you want to be one. I see no reason we can't have two fighters. Also, if you want a melee type class there are other's to choose from as well, just send me a pm and I can describe the classes if you're not familiar with them. As for a werewolf, I am sticking with the classes and races in the official players handbook and sword coast adventurer's guide.

Aww! lol. Well thanks anyways. I'll be available if someone drops out. I wouldn't be available for a Saturday game, but I'd be happy to join another game another time. Thanks for letting me know!
Hey Gruuvie, with Tsemana dropping out the slot is yours if you're still interested. Please send me a pm or post in the thread so I know that you're still interested. If not, I can pass it along to someone else who is interested. Thanks!

WE ARE BACK TO THE MAX ON THE GROUP SIZE. IF ANYONE DROPS OUT, I WILL PM INOS OR TOZZAX. SORRY I CAN'T TAKE MORE DURING MY ONE SHOTS.

Artrem
February 17th, 2017, 23:12
I updated the game calendar with server information and we will be using fantasy grounds teamspeak.

I will have server online 90 mins before gametime and will be there to help put together any characters. I do have PHB for fg so you can use it for character creation.

See you all in 3+ hours

Artrem

Wolf Cline
February 17th, 2017, 23:30
which channel
are we using

Artrem
February 17th, 2017, 23:35
DM Artrem - one shot. I will create temp channel when I log in

goodmanje
February 18th, 2017, 09:03
Thanks Artrem for running that game, you did an awesome job as DM. Great group of players as well! I had a blast. Thanks everyone!

Artrem
February 18th, 2017, 10:07
Thanks to everyone that showed up. I had a blast as well, lots of laughs and never thought I'd see a flying lumberjack, a dwarf walking a dire boar on a leash, or three stooges rendition in a D&D game! Thanks for everyone's patience as we worked with new players to D&D as well as Fantasy Grounds. I look forward to seeing you all again in another one-shot or campaign.

Artrem

GunbunnyFuFu
February 18th, 2017, 14:24
Artrem,

I want to thank you for running, and to agree that you did an awesome job as a DM. Thanks to the other players for making it enjoyable!!

Chris/GB

Gruuvie
February 18th, 2017, 16:36
Phenomenal game last night! Thanks Artrem for running such a great game. You did a stellar job and I was thoroughly entertained. Thanks everyone for a great game and I hope to play with you all again!

MrNevada117
February 22nd, 2017, 10:56
Well, howdy there!

I am definitely interested in playing this game. I tend to play more on Roll20, but I've been checking out FG to see if I will make a conversion, but I'd personally like to see what it's like in play. I'll check on this tomorrow, let me know if you would have me.

Thank you,

MrNevada117

BDaniel
February 22nd, 2017, 11:47
MrNevada117,
Welcome to Fantasy Grounds. I think you will find a vibrant and friendly community here. I am sorry to say this one-shot has already ran but keep your eyes open here on the LFG forums and the discord server. I have attached a vid of last Fridays oneshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwA3Kv2CVnE&t=18058s

SF
BDaniel