PDA

View Full Version : Conditional Effects on Weapons

presence
February 14th, 2017, 02:10
I've searched the forums, and only one thread actually mentioned how to do this, but the attachment they included to show you did not exist any longer.

I want to add conditional damage to a weapon...kind of like the disruption effect on a mace of disruption. (If they let me edit the PHB file I would have figured it out...but I guess its read only).

Example:
I want to take a +1 mace and add a conditional effect: IFT TYPE (undead); DMG: 1d6 radiant

Thats it. Where do I put it? I tried the forge with no good result. I tried editing the weapon directly in the items list. I even added it to the character sheet and tried editing it by clicking the loop/magnifying glass. It doesn't work regardless how I set it up.

Im testing by having an orc and a zombie on a battle map with my char wielding the weapon, and just changing the target to see if it adds the extra 1d6.

LordEntrails
February 14th, 2017, 02:27
You can't put the effect on the weapon. So you have to put it on the character (on the CT). Or make a second damage on the weapon and have the PC roll accordingly.

If you put it on the CT, then it affects ALL rolls/weapons. Which might not be an issue. But, as DM you can turn on/off the effect.

If you make a second damage, then you have to tell the player which one to roll.

presence
February 14th, 2017, 02:41
Man, I assumed since you can use conditionals, you could use them anywhere. Crazy. I'd like to make an enhancement request...

Trenloe
February 14th, 2017, 02:43
I'd like to make an enhancement request...
Vote for it here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=54565

presence
February 14th, 2017, 02:46
If I add an extra damage to the weapon, it rolls both when the damage is rolled. Is there a way to have a second damage without having to create a clone of the weapon with the variant damage (for undead)?

presence
February 14th, 2017, 02:49
Vote for it here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=54565

Done!

presence
February 14th, 2017, 05:07
Ridiculous as this is, I just ended up creating two versions of the mace...the "fighting undead" variant with 0 weight, and the "regular" variant with 4 weight and put them on his sheet.

Zacchaeus
February 18th, 2017, 00:23
You can use the effect as you have it above except you need another colon. The effect is IFT: TYPE(undead); DMA: 1d6, radiant. Create the effect with a target of self and use the button to place it on the PC. As LordEntrails says however this will add the extra damage for all weapons.

Trenloe
February 18th, 2017, 02:17
Use DMG, not DMA.

Zacchaeus
February 18th, 2017, 12:03
Use DMG, not DMA.

Oops. Yes, it's DMG.