PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5E - Out of the Abyss - Friday Nights EST

Dkyrn
February 12th, 2017, 23:21
FG License: Ultimate. All Players Welcome
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: North American Eastern (-5:00 GMT)
Day of week and time: Weekly, Fridays at 7:30pm or 8:00pm EST
Planned start date: February 24th, 2017 or March 3, 2017
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly. Sessions will usually be 4-5 hours. Campaign will run until completed. Likely several months
Term: Until module completion. Likely several months

Text or Voice: Voice Required
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 - Having run sessions for many of the players already committed to the campaign a good amount of game time is taken up with planning, plotting, and interacting with NPCs. It is not unknown to go full 5 hour sessions without combat encounters. Interested players should keep this in mind and be willing to indulge in the same.
Number of Players in game & needed: Currently we have 3 players firmly committed and 2 more players who are likely. At the moment only looking for 1 additional player though there may be room for a couple of others depending upon how schedules work out.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st Level with standard gear from the class/background choices.
Character restrictions: Core races and classes. More unusual races will require an appropriate character concept to justify. Alignments must be Good or Neutral.

Details of your scenario: The Underdark is a subterranean wonderland, a vast and twisted labyrinth where fear reigns. It is the home of horrific monsters that have never seen the light of day. Perhaps none are greater than the Drow. And it is in the hands of the Drow where the characters begin their adventure, captives who must gain their freedom and find a way back to their homes. But escaping the Drow might not be enough, for even greater evils are being unleashed beneath the surface of Faerun.

Hi all, we are looking for one (and potentially a couple more) players to join in with others who have played together previously. As mentioned above, a willingness to engage in roleplay is a requirement. That said, newcomers to both Fantasy Grounds and Roleplaying are welcome. The Rage of Demons: Out of the Abyss module offers a great number of roleplay opportunities in addition to the combat encounters.

I've played on Fantasy Grounds for closing in on 2 years, both as a player and a GM. This will be the third campaign that I am running. If you are interested please contact me by posting to this thread or sending me a private message with some details about yourself and a basic concept of what you might be interested in playing. Players who have already been invited are encouraged to post as well and share some details about what they might be interested in playing. We have a few weeks before we begin so plenty of time to work out what you would like to do and get the characters generated and onto the server.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2416

GlitterFreeze
February 14th, 2017, 01:10
Hi, I'm new to FG and a little new to 5e, I'm currently in a group rl doing mines of phandelver, but I'm looking to play more. I'm pretty flexible on characters I play although I tend to lean more towards cleric and bard than anything but I'm willing to try new things too.

Blood n Whiskey
February 14th, 2017, 01:37
Hi. I'm also pretty new to FG, but not at all new to D&D. I've been wanting to play Out of the Abyss for quite some time now, but I'm pretty much the only DM in my rl group and never get to be on the other side of the screen. I tend to play human rogues and clerics, though lately I've been kicking around the idea of building a sorcerer character. Here's a link to my first post, which gives a pretty good rundown of my playing style:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36414-LFG-1-player-brand-new-to-FG-LF-weekend-afternoon-or-evening-PST-5e&p=317892&highlight=#post317892

AFNick12
February 14th, 2017, 03:50
I would love to play in this game. I have way too much free time. I applied to the calendar already. I love roleplaying and in depth character development. I also like to be good at combat. But I would like to think I am a well rounded player who is just looking for a good time. I can play any character but lately I have been interested in Bladesingers due to their versatility as caster and frontline fighter. I do tend to multiclass but not without some sort of explanation why I would do such a thing. I probably wont in a campaign starting at lvl 1 til later though.

Dwarf Ulf
February 14th, 2017, 08:50
I'd love to join this. Never done anything in the underdark. And I sure as hell wanna set fire....loooooot the entire section, ofcourse. Huehuehue.

kindbob
February 14th, 2017, 11:26
I would love to join up, I am new to fantasy grounds but have been playing 5e since it came out. I'm flexible on character class but I'd prefer rogue or wizard.

Dkyrn
February 19th, 2017, 03:05
Currently we have people playing a tiefling rogue, an aasimar paladin and a human monk. The other two are considering either a sorcerer/warlock or a ranger/warlock. I'll finalize the final player shortly.

kindbob
February 19th, 2017, 04:37
I have to drop out sorry

dybull
February 19th, 2017, 12:35
I sent you a pm. Just waiting on a reply.

KBoom
February 19th, 2017, 16:16
Hey hey, applied on the calendar. Not sure if it's too late or not, but thought I'd try anyways!

I haven't played much on FG, just some PFS stuff and during the con's. Haven't been on in 2.5 years or so, regardless. I'm also completely new to 5e, so there's that, as well. Haven't played a single session. I am pretty familiar with Pathfinder and 3.5e, and played a few sessions of 4e. But same as FG, haven't played anything in the last 2.5 years or so.

Anyways, hope y'all have fun! Sounds like you'll need all the luck you can get escaping those horrid drow.

cwainman
February 19th, 2017, 22:39
Hi, I am interested in your game. I also applied on the calendar. I am not new to Fantasy Grounds or 5E. I have been DMing a 5E game in FG for almost 2yrs. I Dmed a 4E game for several years prior to that. So I'm looking for a chance to actually get to play. I like that it sounds like you will be running a roleplay heavy game. I'm a team player and think I am easy to get along with. I usually play rogues, but I see that you already have one. So I was thinking half-elf bard.

Vigilance
February 19th, 2017, 23:46
I am pretty new and would like to join you. I play a wizard Character.

Wolf Cline
February 20th, 2017, 00:48
Id like to join

Dhazhar
February 20th, 2017, 20:58
Intersted in joining. Pretty comfortable with 5ed but new to FG. Pretty easy going with any character class. Prefer support roles (off tank etc)