PDA

View Full Version : init window

spiderling
November 13th, 2005, 22:17
Is it possible instead to make a semi-shared initiative window? The GM side is fantastic, but put a small box to the left of each name listing... the gm can then click on whose turn it is and FG displays "(Flag) It's Soandso's turn."

On the player side, they would just have a smaller window like the minisheet that just had the name of each person on the init list and a box to the left which displayed whose turn it was. They wouldn't need to be able to control anything on the window, it can update automatically when the GM changes it.

Toadwart
November 13th, 2005, 23:41
I like the idea, the flag in the chat window is ok but takes up valuable chat real-estate.
What about: showing the Players initiative at the top-left of, or overlayed on, the character portrait and highlight it for the currently 'active' PC (when no PC's initiative indicator is highlighted then it's the GMs turn)

spiderling
November 14th, 2005, 01:20
that sounds good, but I'd really like to see one showing the monsters they're fighting too... that way they can watch tokens and not miss anything.

Spyke
November 14th, 2005, 18:02
highlight it for the currently 'active' PC
I may have been imagining this, but doesn't the name under the portrait already get highlighted (bold) when it's their turn? And you get the turn indicators in the chat window already. I agree though, that we could use a visual indicator of the overall turn order, and if this included the NPCs that would be great.

Having said that, though, I've never ever needed such a visual aid when playing face-to-face...

Toadwart
February 16th, 2006, 21:07
I may have been imagining this, but doesn't the name under the portrait already get highlighted (bold) when it's their turn? ...

Yes, though I never noticed it until I changed the font size and colour. Maybe just not so noticeable when running at 1600x1200 resolution...