PDA

View Full Version : PFC - Wonders of the Weave: Part 1, The Dog Pharoah's Tomb - Sunday

Blackfoot
February 12th, 2017, 17:49
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for Levels 5–9.

On an isolated demiplane, the Pathfinders explore an Osirian ruin transported from Golarion by a powerful sorcerer centuries ago. And though the Pathfinder Society believes the fruits of their delve to be ripe for the picking, the unnatural landscape surrounding the tomb and a run-in with an unexpected guest make getting out with the treasure a tough task for the PCs.

"The Dog Pharaoh's Tomb" is the first scenario in the two-part Wonders in the Weave campaign arc. The story concludes in Pathfinder Society Scenario #3–14: Wonders in the Weave—Part II: Snakes in the Fold. Both chapters are intended to be played in order.

Written by Jonathan H. Keith.

Sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2394) and post your character information here to reserve a spot.

NOTE: This is being run as part of the CORE Campaign. All characters must be part of that campaign.

bsktballchmp85
February 12th, 2017, 17:56
hell yeah im jumping in for next sunday just cant access the game calendar right now. I have a level 7 cleric just have to update him a little bit then I can get you the character sheet

Blackfoot
February 12th, 2017, 17:59
Had it locked while I was setting up. It is open now.

cmdisc
February 13th, 2017, 00:16
Will post Fengard once I have him updated.

HoloGnome
February 13th, 2017, 18:02
Banthis was hungry for an Osirion adventure, but will be wrestling crocodiles all weekend.

d1wright
February 14th, 2017, 18:20
Lucia is available and I'll get you her latest information.

cmdisc
February 14th, 2017, 23:19
Wildshaping Druids and FG do not like each other. The amount of information I need to enter in by hand on the Actions tab to reflect Fengard's Animal options is quite extensive.

So I'll still need a few days to get him straightened out.

cmdisc
February 15th, 2017, 05:43
FYI, the only two shortfalls I'm seeing are that the Natural Armor bonus added from Wildshape is only recognized by FG as an enhancement....meaning it won't stack with Barkskin (so it will have to be adjusted manually) and the CMD bonus for large forms needs to be adjusted by +2 to compensate for the -1 AC being applied for size. Or did I miss an update that tracks creature size?

Other than that, I think we're good.

Talen
February 15th, 2017, 15:40
Hi Blackfoot. Its been years since ive played a pfs game but i think it was the case that if you did not have a tier eligible character you could play a pregen and assign the chronicle when your pc reached the appropriate level. Am i correct in that? If i am and you are willing/able to let me play a pregen, id like to start in with pfs again.

Blackfoot
February 15th, 2017, 16:57
Hi Blackfoot. Its been years since ive played a pfs game but i think it was the case that if you did not have a tier eligible character you could play a pregen and assign the chronicle when your pc reached the appropriate level. Am i correct in that? If i am and you are willing/able to let me play a pregen, id like to start in with pfs again.You definitely can play a 7th level pregen for this one Talen... note that this is a CORE game so you will likely need to apply your credit to a brand new level one CORE character. The rules for the CORE campaign are in the Guide but.. basically it means that PCs are Core Rulebook only.
Oh and welcome back! (for those of you who aren't aware.. Talen is the one who started this group back in.. 2011?)

Talen
February 15th, 2017, 20:12
Thanks blackfoot. Im willing to play whatever the group needs.....looks like maybe some arcana may be in order but will defer to the group. Do you need me to enter and export a pregen?

Blackfoot
February 15th, 2017, 20:15
I think we have most of them.. but it does depend a bit on which you select. There are 4 players/characters currently on the calendar... so that should give you an idea of what the group layout is. We are a little soft in the arcane department to be sure.

Blackfoot
February 15th, 2017, 21:02
NOTE: This scenario SEEMS to want to be followed up immediately with Part 2... so I will prep it and have it ready to run in the next few weeks. There is some discussion about 'back to back' indicated somewhere.. so we'll do that.

cmdisc
February 16th, 2017, 17:41
Here are the files.

Blackfoot
February 16th, 2017, 18:49
Thanks blackfoot. Im willing to play whatever the group needs.....looks like maybe some arcana may be in order but will defer to the group. Do you need me to enter and export a pregen?Talen, should I put you down for Ezren? There is a Seoni pregen now as well if you'd rather do a sorcerer. I want to make sure I have the files all ready beforehand.

Blackfoot
February 16th, 2017, 18:52
One other thing, since we are going to fall squarely between subtiers on this one... I believe we are 'supposed' to play up.. but it also says that we don't have to if there are no players that are actually in the upper tier.. which it appears we do not have.

Talen
February 16th, 2017, 18:55
Ezren sounds good. Looking forward to rejoining the Society!

As its been awhile, which mods and extensions do you recommend i have/update before game day?

Blackfoot
February 16th, 2017, 18:57
You won't need any of that. Everything comes to you from the server (my machine) at gametime. Afterward... there are several good things to have these days.. I'll see if I can come up with a recommendation list for you.

cmdisc
February 17th, 2017, 01:52
For Season 3, a party whose APL falls between the subtiers must play up if there are 6-7 PCs or down if there are 4-5 PCs.

Currently with 5 PCs (one of which is 6th level), we would have to play down. If we get a 6th person, we would play up.

I'm sure this doesn't help you with your prep. :p

Blackfoot
February 17th, 2017, 02:01
For Season 3, a party whose APL falls between the subtiers must play up if there are 6-7 PCs or down if there are 4-5 PCs.

Currently with 5 PCs (one of which is 6th level), we would have to play down. If we get a 6th person, we would play up.

I'm sure this doesn't help you with your prep. :pApparently they changed those rules again slightly in Season 8. The APL for our group is 6.8 which rounds to 7 which is between subtiers and so as cmdisc says.. we must play down with 5. If we get another.. things could change... but it is starting to look unlikely at this point.

bsktballchmp85
February 17th, 2017, 02:15
That mean I won't be able to play with 7th level cleric?

Blackfoot
February 17th, 2017, 02:33
Not at all. ALL the PCs are level 7 except Lucia at this point.. you will be playing in the lower subtier that's all.. it just means how tough the critters will be.

bsktballchmp85
February 18th, 2017, 00:11
here you go here is my character for the game. see you all sunday afternoon

bsktballchmp85
February 19th, 2017, 00:57
yes! looks like an upper tier game

Blackfoot
February 19th, 2017, 01:01
Well.. no. This game is 5-9... unless things change radically somehow.. we'll be playing 5-6 and most of the players will be 'out of subtier' .. which they would be regardless because the upper tier is 8-9.

HoloGnome
February 19th, 2017, 03:04
I can play tomorrow if it's still possible. My schedule has changed.

Blackfoot
February 19th, 2017, 04:30
I can play tomorrow if it's still possible. My schedule has changed.I'm pretty sure we have a slot available. Get me your materials ASAP please.

With six.. this is going to bring this rule into play:
In the fringe case where there are no PCs that are high enough level to have reached the subtier level (such as a party of six 3rd-level characters), the group can decide to play the lower subtier.Our APL will be 6.8333 rounding to 7.. so squarely between subtiers (5-6) and (8-9).

So the question is.. which way do you guys want to play? I think I'm prepped for both... but it'll be easier if I know in advance.

Blackfoot
February 19th, 2017, 04:34
Hmm.. seems I missed that Banthis went to level 8.. apparently we are playing up.
Scenarios in Seasons 0 through 3 were designed for four characters. For these scenarios, if the APL is between subtiers, a party of six or seven characters must play the higher subtier. Parties with four or five characters must play the lower subtier.

HoloGnome
February 19th, 2017, 05:21
Thanks. Banthis has been playing IRL in recent weeks. I have to scan my lastest chronicle. I should be done later tonight.

cmdisc
February 19th, 2017, 06:13
So up it is. I take it this means that Banthis takes point. Lucia is normally our tank, but seeing as she'll be 2 levels lower than the subtier, it might not be a good idea for her to be taking the hits.

HoloGnome
February 19th, 2017, 10:43
I'm sure we can work cooperatively, as needed. Happy to be in front - or whatever works. Banthis currently has 82hp and a base AC of 28 (or 38 when in total defense and closing in to attack). Also, he has very good saves.

Major changes vs. 6th level are that he now has Greater Sunder, Greater Grapple, a +3 adamantine weapon and iterative attacks. He carries Oil of Bless Weapon for good damage, when necessary.
Also, he now gets 800gp (3 item limit) from the Dark Archive at the start of the adventure. So, the party can get some free Haste, etc.

Talen
February 19th, 2017, 20:11
Sorry if I missed it, but will you be posting the server alias in the calendar?

Blackfoot
February 19th, 2017, 20:34
I usually post it up there just before gametime, in case there is some sort of change. It is listed on the calendar now.

Blackfoot
February 20th, 2017, 03:53
I updated the calendar to reflect Part 2... set it for the 5th at 4pm eastern. Those in part 1 get 1st crack at playing... so let me know if anyone has a problem with that slot.

cmdisc
February 20th, 2017, 14:51
Is it possible to move this an hour or two earlier? Anyone have issue with that?

Blackfoot
February 20th, 2017, 15:00
That would be better for me if everyone can do it.

Talen
February 20th, 2017, 15:14
Works for me

Blackfoot
February 20th, 2017, 15:55
I added the alternate time to the calendar.

cmdisc
February 21st, 2017, 01:30
We just need HG and Brian to ok the earlier slot and we're set to go.

Blackfoot
February 25th, 2017, 01:51
Working on Chronicles tonight. Everyone should expect to see some email from me.

HoloGnome
February 25th, 2017, 02:22
Sorry - I didn't see the old calendar switcheroo. Unfortunately, for me, the games will not be consecutive, since Banthis has another commitment on 3/2. But, that's OK. IMO, the back-to-back chronicle boon is nice, but somewhat specific and not really useful enough to warrant the stated consecutive restriction. Also, I have played this one in NORMAL at FGCON 6 (2015)...but that was a lot of games ago. Anyway, I will let others take the lead on any delving strategies.

Blackfoot
February 25th, 2017, 02:33
Looks like the earlier time is good for almost everyone.. we just need to hear from bskballchmp85 on that score.

cmdisc
February 26th, 2017, 00:46
I'll email him. He doesn't always check in on this site for any updates.

Blackfoot
February 26th, 2017, 00:48
Already resolved.

bsktballchmp85
February 26th, 2017, 00:49
Yes earlier is fine

Blackfoot
February 26th, 2017, 19:04
Chronicles should be out to everyone who responded to email... (?Vul'gar?)
Let me know if there are issues.

Talk to you all next Sunday at 2pm Eastern.

HoloGnome
March 2nd, 2017, 22:40
Melee analyst wants to film a movie during the game that will be called: "2 Fighters, 2 Barbarians and a Monkey"

bsktballchmp85
March 3rd, 2017, 00:51
wait so what am I??? am I the monkey?

HoloGnome
March 3rd, 2017, 01:36
Let me check my Magic 8-ball.

Blackfoot
March 3rd, 2017, 05:45
Gorduvo?

cmdisc
March 3rd, 2017, 18:05
Gorduvo is no monkey. He is an ape and he takes great offense at your flippant attitude toward all ape-kind. I can only assume from your comment that you are a raging ape-ist.

cmdisc
March 3rd, 2017, 18:06
(Wait a second......Blackfoot is the GM......)

What I meant to say is;

Yes, Gorduvo.

*gulp*

Blackfoot
March 3rd, 2017, 18:08
Gorduvo is no monkey. He is an ape and he takes great offense at your flippant attitude toward all ape-kind. I can only assume from your comment that you are a raging ape-ist.I've only seen a couple clips from that movie.. supposedly it wasn't very good.

Blackfoot
March 5th, 2017, 15:23
OK. I have the characters all loaded up and we should be ready to go at 2pm eastern.

HoloGnome
March 5th, 2017, 23:21
Thx for running! Nice series.