PDA

View Full Version : Hexagonal Pointer?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 12th, 2017, 11:46
I would like to know if there is any way to make those pointers (square, cone, circle, arrow) in hexagonal format or if there is any extension that does, I would know to use in the ruleset of gurps.

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2017, 03:19
The pointers work in hex format, but do not do any shading. This is because the current engine does not handle any shading that is not rectangular. We're thinking we can eventually add hex shading in the FGU update.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
February 13th, 2017, 11:42
I think he means hexagon-shaped, not just working on a hex map. Dulux-Oz had a thread or blog post that detailed how to make pointers of other shapes. Not sure where it is now though.

dulux-oz
February 13th, 2017, 14:02
Its on the Wiki (here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Pointers_Coding_Toolkit)) - and there's a link back to the original Forum Thread at the bottom.

Mind you, the forum thread got a little bit off track in places, but we kept on bringing it back (sort of) :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 13th, 2017, 14:22
Yes that's right, I can do all these forms of pointers and then I would like to know if you have how to do it in hexagonal form, to be able to use in GURPS games

dulux-oz
February 13th, 2017, 14:30
Use a function like the fpBox() function, but instead of using 4 lines (four calls to fpLineCiurve()) use six.

A little bit of math and you should be able to work out the six start/end points (Hint: use the actual Pointer's end point as one of the six start/end points for two of the lines - if you want to use the Pointer's end point for the mid-point of one of the lines you can do so, but the math is harder) :)

Andraax
February 13th, 2017, 15:18
There are hex overlays here: https://www.spyke.me/

Use them as tokens, scale as needed.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 13th, 2017, 22:05
I knew but I did not even remember this resource, Andraax ... thank you very much.
Dulux I would have to create a new file or have some that I could modify?

dulux-oz
February 14th, 2017, 01:08
You'll need a new function, but you should base it on (ie use as a template) the fpBox drawing function from the Pointer Toolkit

Blackfoot
February 14th, 2017, 05:21
I never quite got this to work when I was at it for my Champions ruleset.