PDA

View Full Version : Complete Class Pack v Individual

Martin153
February 11th, 2017, 09:16
Hi Guys

I have been purchasing individual class packs as and when players choose that class. I have about 6 at the moment. I now have a player that wants to choose a Barbarian with the Hermit Background. This is not available in the Barbarian Class Pack or the SRD. Am I missing something? If I purchased the Complete Core Pack will I get everything from the PHB?

Further, as I own a few class packs, if I now purchased the complete class pack, will it mean purchasing the class packs I already own all over again?

Martin

Nickademus
February 11th, 2017, 10:38
The Complete Class Pack is the full PHB, renamed for legal reasons. If you buy it now, you will be duplicating some of your purchases. I recommend you contact support and see if you can work out an upgrade or get a refund on the class packs. Might not happen, but never hurts to ask.

Martin153
February 11th, 2017, 12:25
Ok. So for example the background Hermit which in the hardcopy PHB. This should be available to a Barbarian but it is not listed in his class pack (or any of the class packs I already own). If I purchased the Complete Class Pack would I get every background etc from the PHB?

GarthGiantbane
February 11th, 2017, 15:41
Yes, the Complete Class Pack is the entire PHB. Since the last update, it even looks like the hardcopy when you flip through the Reference section.

Trenloe
February 11th, 2017, 16:03
As others have said, the Complete Class Pack will have all of the data (including the PHB).

With the individual class packs, have you purchased the "D&D Character Customization Pack" shown here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EPHBCPBASE This is designed to be used in tandem with one (or more) class packs and is where all of the backgrounds, races, etc. are contained. The first screenshot shows the backgrounds and you can see that Hermit is there.

Martin153
February 11th, 2017, 16:35
Thanks. I will purchase the complete class pack then and stop buying them indidually.

JohnD
February 11th, 2017, 17:41
You might ask your players to help defray some of your costs. Even $5 or $10 each goes a long way to keeping a DM stocked with content the whole group can use.

Martin153
February 11th, 2017, 17:55
It's a great idea and my regular group do offer. I'm not sure that random pickups would be so keen initially.