PDA

View Full Version : LFPs - For new FG 5E players - Sunday 2/19 3:00 pm MST (Greenskin Diplomacy)

Gwydion
February 10th, 2017, 15:48
Game is Full Now. Thanks all!

So, I organized a mini Presiden'ts Day 5e con with a number of DM's like Rob2e, Geoquester, Praetors Rejects and HiJumpr111. Some of the sessions were higher level and already filled, but I just opened a lvl 1 adventure geared to players wanting to learn about Fantasy Grounds. This game will go slower than normal as I want to teach people during the session. I already have two signups and will take a total of 6 players.

If you are interested in looking at my session, more info can be found here:

https://site.corsizio.com/c/589dbc568cd7b702317cacd6

Others like Geoquester, Praetorsrejects and Hijumpr111 have openings to so please contact them! All of the sessions have passwords. Mine is GwydionDM (case sensitive). We are starting to post these on the FG discord looking for group channel as well. Some of the DM's have posted their passwords there.

Hope to see you in my game!

Oh, and I do stream live so please only sign up if you are ok with your voice only being on twitch and later youtube. Its only my ugly mug and screen that will be on video.

Happy Friday!

Gooberosity
February 10th, 2017, 17:28
Hey Gwydion,
This isn't a signup but I wanted to know if you had any resources or could point me to a discussion on either what might be a good list of pre-builts for a One Shot (maybe over in DM Guild or here on the FG site), or what content typically makes up a good One Shot of say 4-5 hours duration. I am thinking along the lines of how many encounters, or if it's a dungeon crawl, how big the dungeon can be, etc.

Gwydion
February 10th, 2017, 17:55
Hey Gwydion,
This isn't a signup but I wanted to know if you had any resources or could point me to a discussion on either what might be a good list of pre-builts for a One Shot (maybe over in DM Guild or here on the FG site), or what content typically makes up a good One Shot of say 4-5 hours duration. I am thinking along the lines of how many encounters, or if it's a dungeon crawl, how big the dungeon can be, etc.

Hey Gooberosity. I think some of the AAW mini-dungeons are good one-shot material like Hobgoblin Lair. You can sign up for free at their website for a month or two and download two fg modules without a commitment to try them out. I would start there. I think the nord games are good too (Greenskin Diplomacy and Creaking in the Dark). I'm still trying to see if they are good for 1 or 2 sessions, but I think they are both good for one solid session. I'll find out after my President's Day game! Oh, if you need the free monthly code for AAW, just PM me. Not sure they want me posting broadly! :) Hope that helps! Feel free to PM me with any questions you have.

damned
February 10th, 2017, 23:01
Hey Gwydion,

3 Combat Encounters and a couple of challenge/role-play ones.

Gwydion
February 13th, 2017, 13:51
Quick update. We have 4 slots filled out of 6. If anyone is interested, jump in and sign up! Again, new players are encouraged to sign up. The purpose of the one-shot is to have fun in an intro adventure and to explain the software and how to use it as we go.

GlitterFreeze
February 14th, 2017, 00:41
Hi, I'm new to 5e, although I am in a campaign in real life doing mines of phandelver. I currently have the demo version of FG program, testing things out because I'm new to DnD online. I'm interested in joining if thats possible (not sure how the demo version works). I currently have a few 5e characters made up, not fully fleshed out but I'm also willing to start fresh if you prefer.

Gwydion
February 14th, 2017, 02:32
Hi, I'm new to 5e, although I am in a campaign in real life doing mines of phandelver. I currently have the demo version of FG program, testing things out because I'm new to DnD online. I'm interested in joining if thats possible (not sure how the demo version works). I currently have a few 5e characters made up, not fully fleshed out but I'm also willing to start fresh if you prefer.

Hey GlitterFreeze! Welcome to the FG community! Not sure if it was you who just signed up for my game, but it just filled up! If it wasn't you, there are other games that aren't full that I can direct you to. Please PM me if you are still looking for a game around that time and I can steer you in the right direction. Thanks!

HiJumpr111
February 14th, 2017, 05:09
GlitterFreeze and anyone else, I have a couple spots remaining in my game, "Prey for Smiley Bob." It runs Sunday, Feb 19, from noon to 4 PM EST. The code to join is HijumprDM. I welcome anyone new to FG and will gladly assist you in getting to know the program better.

Gwydion
February 14th, 2017, 15:00
GlitterFreeze and anyone else, I have a couple spots remaining in my game, "Prey for Smiley Bob." It runs Sunday, Feb 19, from noon to 4 PM EST. The code to join is HijumprDM. I welcome anyone new to FG and will gladly assist you in getting to know the program better.

Definitely take him up on this. Looks like a fun module. Rob2e is playing as well so between Hijumpr as DM and Rob as a player you will get a great deal of FG knowledge to tap into!

waleed00
February 17th, 2017, 06:13
i am very new and i would be happy to join if you have an some extra space or if someone droped out am alwayse on the FG discord channel if you need a quick way to contact me (my discord name is the same as here)

hope to hear from you soon

Gwydion
February 17th, 2017, 13:44
i am very new and i would be happy to join if you have an some extra space or if someone droped out am alwayse on the FG discord channel if you need a quick way to contact me (my discord name is the same as here)

Hey, waleed00! My games are full unfortunately. I'm checking with the other DM's to see if they still have spots open, though and I will get back to you asap. Welcome to fg! I don run one-shots on occasion for new players and I will definitely post it here when I do. Be back to you shortly...

Gwydion
February 17th, 2017, 14:06

Ok. Here is a link to the current listing of games. Those that say "free" are still open. You might want to contact the DM's to make sure. There is an email link in each game to contact them and they are all on discord too. They have posted the games on fg discord as well. They can give you the passwords to sign up for each of their games and you I think you can get them on fg discord too. Hope you get in a game this weekend!

https://site.corsizio.com/a/5894897a33223f123f2c809d

HiJumpr111
February 17th, 2017, 17:56

Hi waleed00,

I have one spot remaining for my Sunday afternoon/evening 4-8 PM EST game. You are ore than welcome to join and I will assist you through Fantasy Grounds. You will need discord in order to play as well. My code for joining is HijumprDM.

Tony

The Kingmaker
February 18th, 2017, 19:47
Whoops - Wrong Room!