PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Aircop
February 10th, 2017, 02:57
Every time I start Fantasy Grounds I start getting a pop up and I X it out but it keeps coming back, any ideas how to stop this? I have attached the image

damned
February 10th, 2017, 03:14
Fix your permissions on you FG data folder - you need Read/Write/Execute/List/Modify permissions to the Fantasy Grounds folder and all files and folders within.

ddavison
February 10th, 2017, 03:24
This sounds like it might be a permissions issue with the Data Directory. This can happen if you install as Admin but run under a User account on Windows. The recommended solution is to either adjust the permissions on the folder or change your Settings to a folder where you have permissions to save and modify files. I will include the permission change instructions below:

1. Launch FG and click on the Folder icon on the upper right of the launch screen. This will open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Data Folder automatically.
2. Go up one directory so that you see a folder named "Fantasy Grounds". Right-click on that and choose Properties
3. Go to the Security Tab to display a list of users and permissions for that folder. Click Edit
4. Click Add and type in the usergroup name Users and click OK. This will add the local Users group to the permissions list on the earlier screen.
5. Select the newly added Users group and then mark it as having Full Control. This should grant permissionsto that group to read, write and modify everything within that folder and below.
6. Click Apply and OK and exit the properties window

Aircop
February 10th, 2017, 23:30
can you explain that into steps, I am a bit lame at this computer thing right now if you dont mind, thank you

Aircop
February 10th, 2017, 23:33
ok thanks you for your help and your time with this matter