PDA

View Full Version : See how AL members can power level with this one easy trick!

LindseyFan
February 10th, 2017, 02:17
Sounds click baity enough, eh? :)

Seriously though. If you want to get some levels fast in AL, you should definitely consider running AL games for new players on FG. Using the DM Quests gets your base rewards doubled as it is online - which is a big plus for FG alone. Then if you do the bounty hunter quest you get 500 xp for a new player (+250 each additional) at the table. That reward is not auto-doubled for online, but gets doubled when you have more than half new players at your table.

Sooooo... With FG there are ALWAYS new players joining... Always. I've been getting nice full tables and getting 3000-3500 XP a session! And I am just a text-only gal, so you voicers should have droves of newbs banging down your server IP for a chance to play. Next thing you know, you are up in the higher tiers with custom PCs and your favorite site just gained 5 new addicts!

hawkwind
February 10th, 2017, 12:54
I saw this as well however my first attempt at running a AL game on FG may have to be abandoned due to lack of players, I never had this problem running Pathfinder Society games, seems like the Adventurers league isn't that popular outside of North Americia

LindseyFan
February 10th, 2017, 13:12
Really? You only need three PCs to make a AL game legal. Hmm... Post your link here and maybe stir up some interest. I know lots of 5e players outside of the US & Canada, so there are players out there...

SirGraystone
February 10th, 2017, 13:36
Really? You only need three PCs to make a AL game legal. Hmm... Post your link here and maybe stir up some interest. I know lots of 5e players outside of the US & Canada, so there are players out there...

Shhh, it's a secret :)

hawkwind
February 10th, 2017, 18:23
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2402

pimp my game

Teufelhunde87
February 10th, 2017, 21:33
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2402

pimp my game

I'd jump right on it, but my Rogue played that module last night, the time is right but I have a game in 2.5 hours and I saw this post too late. Please consider me for any future offerings! I do have a 1sy level AL wizard rolled I could play for 2.5 hours today!

Jonkar
February 11th, 2017, 10:15
Signed up Hawkwind!

hawkwind
February 11th, 2017, 11:21
Signed up Hawkwind! Thanks for turning dirty about the badgers! We took three hours to do one and a half adventures before we had a TPK I rolled seven criticals including three in a row

Redemption77
February 12th, 2017, 00:54
You can do text only AL games? I thought they had to be video/streamed and voice.

LindseyFan
February 12th, 2017, 02:06
You can do them on the moon! You do get bonuses for streaming a game. Triple rewards this season for online streaming. But, no they can be in any format - even sign language or brail!

Redemption77
February 12th, 2017, 02:09
Ohh well thats sweet. I play exclusively almost at this point online and through FG. I have an autistic non verbal son who at times can make it difficult to play through voice so I havent tried to get into any voice games or run any voice games. My game consists really of a small group of close friends Ive had since youth and we play in text. Knowing that there are AL games in text I may look to get involved in one of these or even run some. Thank you for the info

LindseyFan
February 12th, 2017, 07:45
Great! I know what it is like to have conditions that make voice difficult. Anytime you are in need of a DM or player, let me know!