PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu 7th edition Looking for Players

Moranthus
February 9th, 2017, 03:54
FG License: Full (you'll need at least lite to play)
Game System: Call of Cthulhu 7th edition

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time, USA
Day of week and time: Open to any based on group availability - looking to play 2-4 times a month.
Planned Duration & Frequency: I'm anticipating 4 hour sessions 2-4 times a month
Term: Unspecified - we'll see where it goes

Text or Voice: Text will be primarily used for official game chat and actions. Real Time voice chat available for player collaboration.
Voice software used: I do have a Ventrilo Server that I will make available to players. I have profound hearing loss so I may attempt to monitor ventrilo but will rely on in-game text chat for official game actions and conversations.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 30% Combat, 70% Roleplay
Number of Players in game & needed: 2-3 players sought. None yet recruited.
Character starting level & equipment: Standard 7th edition character creation rules apply
Character restrictions: none

Scenario Details:

Greetings. I have been a fan of the CoC rule set for some time, although I have not yet actually run a CoC game (my most recent group members were not fans of the Mythos). Although I have not run CoC directly, I have run horror games back through the original Deadlands, Chill and Kult so I'm familiar with building tension. I am also a fan of the Mythos and I am fairly well read on the works of HPL.

All of that said - I plan to use the Arkham source book published by Chaosium as the basis for the campaign. The game will take place primarily in the city of Arkham and in the surrounding area described as Lovecraft Country (Northeastern Massachusetts). That's the beginning of course - as the game develops, the scope of the game may expand depending on the desires of the players and the development of plots.

I'm painting the start of the game in broad strokes, particulars will be dependent on the characters developed by the players. Broadly I will be looking for a party that is largely new to Arkham (non-native) with a binding thread between them. They may know each other from the war or some business venture, etc... One of the characters, if not all will have a residence (inheritance, etc.) granted to them which will serve as the domicile of the character(s) at the start of the game. I'd like everyone to have a reason to be in the city (some kind of gainful employment or purpose) but I am happy to work with players to determine what those reasons will be.

That's the start. As I said - broad strokes to be fleshed out by the players during character creation and beyond as we play. I can say that at least one character with ties to Miskatonic University would be helpful but that is certainly NOT required.

I anticipate the broad scope of the game to be an exploration of the city, its legends and mysteries, as well as the exploration of such things in the surrounding countryside. I'm not against turning the game to a more global scale, but that's something I'd like to see develop organically if appropriate instead of planning for it from the outset.

From any potential players - I'm just looking for some fun, creative characters with a few hooks I can use to draw them into the Mythos. I'd also ask for some patience as this will be my first CoC game and it has been some time since I've used Fantasy Grounds. I'd ask that you be willing to use text chat for formal game communications and voice chat for out of character table talk. Beyond that - I'm just looking to have some fun.

If you're interested, let me know below or send me a message. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Logan-05
February 9th, 2017, 05:11
I'm very interested! I'm located in EST Eastern Canada and have an ultimate license, as well as the new 7ed FG COC rule set. For what it's worth, I'd be pleased to play a character with ties to the university, eg a professor of antiquities. Please let me know of there's a game calendar to sign up with. Cheers!

damned
February 9th, 2017, 07:53
Welcome Moranthus - where have you been hiding these last dozen years? :)

Outcast 2-4
February 9th, 2017, 10:26
I first played CoC back when there was but one edition. I have yet to try 7th but schedule depending, I'd like to give this a try.

Moranthus
February 9th, 2017, 15:44
Logan, Outcast - Heading to work right now but tonight I'll get a private message thread started between us and we'll see about a determining a schedule at least for character creation and the first session. Once we've worked that out, I'll get it on the calendar.

Damned - busy and gaming off-line :) My license actually dates back to the very early days of fantasy grounds. I hadn't realized that it had been so long. When I bought my full license the community was much, much smaller.

Logan-05
February 9th, 2017, 16:07
Thanks Moranthus. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

solmed
February 9th, 2017, 16:09
I'd also be interested, been itching for a CoC game.

Scrapple
February 10th, 2017, 14:16
I'm new to FG and I've Played CoC before a few years ago and been itching to get back into it. I live in NC so I'm EST i was wonder what day and times. I travel during the week for work so evenings are great for me as long as its not too late.

Moranthus
February 10th, 2017, 16:05
I'm new to FG and I've Played CoC before a few years ago and been itching to get back into it. I live in NC so I'm EST i was wonder what day and times. I travel during the week for work so evenings are great for me as long as its not too late.

Hey Scrapple - my plan is to settle the group and then set up a day and time schedule that works for everyone.

I'll shoot you a PM here in a moment with information.

Moranthus
February 10th, 2017, 16:16
I want to thank everyone for their interest. I'm closing recruitment for this as we have 3 certain and 1 likely player signed up. If a slot opens up I'll post back here looking for more.

Scrapple
February 10th, 2017, 16:38
ok ill be here