February 8th, 2017, 20:59
A short video tutorial on how to create races in Fantasy Grounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYdl0sUYbUw

Thegroo
February 8th, 2017, 23:38
Thank you so much

Eru the One
February 9th, 2017, 01:19
Good video, learned some new things about Scotsman :).

JohnD
February 9th, 2017, 02:54
Good stuff....

Szabtom
February 9th, 2017, 08:45
Thanks! Subscribed (I am no. 4! :) ) .

GunnarGreybeard
February 9th, 2017, 15:41
These videos are awesomely helpful.

JohnD
February 9th, 2017, 19:32
Is it possible to get the verbiage that will have the player get a popup that prompts them to choose 1 or 2 skills for proficiency from among a selection of choices? Say Animal Handling, Perception, Stealth and Survival s an example.

Zacchaeus
February 9th, 2017, 19:40
You gain proficiency with one/two of the following skills of your choice: x, y, z

JohnD
February 9th, 2017, 21:33
You gain proficiency with one/two of the following skills of your choice: x, y, z

Huh... again, thought I had that the first time. Will have to double check.

Gaedel1
March 9th, 2019, 04:22
How do you set an ability score to an exact number, such as "Your constitution is 0"?

I'm trying to create a Flesh Golem player character template from the Savage Species book.

GavinRuneblade
March 9th, 2019, 04:48
How do you set an ability score to an exact number, such as "Your constitution is 0"?

I'm trying to create a Flesh Golem player character template from the Savage Species book.

I would just have the player manually type zero in the stat block.

Gaedel1
March 9th, 2019, 05:17
Is there a way it will automatically set the exact number from the Races template under "Ability Score Increase"? I figured out how to increase and reduce scores, but not set to a specific number. I'm just wondering what the exact verbiage is.

GavinRuneblade
March 9th, 2019, 07:34
Is there a way it will automatically set the exact number from the Races template under "Ability Score Increase"? I figured out how to increase and reduce scores, but not set to a specific number. I'm just wondering what the exact verbiage is.

I'm not aware of such language but I'm sure Zach will be along shortly to let us both know if it exists.

I don't have that book. How do they balance such a thing? I can see fixed stats being hugely broken in either direction (too good or too bad). It would seem to need very weird balancing mechanics whether you allow rolling or forcing a stat buy.

Zacchaeus
March 9th, 2019, 10:30
Your stats aren't set by your race; you set your stats on the character sheet. The recommended method of creating a character is to set ability scores, then add race and background then class. So you would already have set CON to zero before you drag in race.

There is no wording which will set an ability score to a fixed amount; the only thing that you can do is add or subtract a bonus or penalty.

LordEntrails
March 10th, 2019, 00:09
Keep in mind, the automation which exists in FG exists to support official rules and sources. There are so many possible things we can do within a system (such as 5E) that their is no way everything can be automated. So, if you can find an official source that does what you want, then assume you have a good chance to automate it. But if you want to do something an official source does not do, assume you will have to do it manually. (But never hesitate to ask if it can be done!)

Gaedel1
March 10th, 2019, 23:06
Thank you all. I'll have it done manually.

TerryMulhern
March 12th, 2019, 09:42
Thanks for the video tutorial. I tried to do this (https://yourhomeworkhelp.org/) in Manage Characters, lol. Here's the comment by Philip Greig how to do it correctly, in case someone is trying to do the same silly thing:

start a new campaign, click Library button, check the races option in the top window and then click on the races button which appears. Now click the small edit button bottom right of that window.

GavinRuneblade
July 4th, 2019, 20:44
Quick question prompted by my recent purchase of the Midgard Hero's book: when setting a race's size FG doesn't actually change the size of the token automatically does it? I noticed with the centaur (the only large PC race I've seen so far in a FG module) that adding the PC to a map they still only occupied a single 5x5 square and I had to scale them up manually on every map.

So I tried in a new campaign with no extensions and made a race with only the large size as a mod and same result. Is there any way to force it? If not, could it be done relatively easily with an extension?

Zacchaeus
July 4th, 2019, 21:19
Quick question prompted by my recent purchase of the Midgard Hero's book: when setting a race's size FG doesn't actually change the size of the token automatically does it? I noticed with the centaur (the only large PC race I've seen so far in a FG module) that adding the PC to a map they still only occupied a single 5x5 square and I had to scale them up manually on every map.

So I tried in a new campaign with no extensions and made a race with only the large size as a mod and same result. Is there any way to force it? If not, could it be done relatively easily with an extension?

I don't know the answer to your second question but you are correct in that the PCs seem to default to medium or at least a 1x1 token size. Since PCs usually stay on the CT forever I would just alter the size on the CT. Change the 5 to a 10 on the Space and Reach section for that PC. You'd probably only need to do that once.

GavinRuneblade
July 4th, 2019, 23:09
I don't know the answer to your second question but you are correct in that the PCs seem to default to medium or at least a 1x1 token size. Since PCs usually stay on the CT forever I would just alter the size on the CT. Change the 5 to a 10 on the Space and Reach section for that PC. You'd probably only need to do that once.

Cool thanks I didn't know that was an option!