PDA

View Full Version : 5e coding issues.

DraconosDeadman
February 8th, 2017, 20:52
hey new user here, bought the ultimate and have been running MoP for a group of returning players to really give the program a run through, so far we love everything, but as a programmer what really gets at me is the codding part of FG. i love it all, but with the UA being a big part of my campaigns(playtesting is a thing with my group) id love the ability to code out effects like adding a +1 to max health on lvl up. the wiki on basic coding structure is great, and lets me on the fly create effects, but id love the ability to attach effects to the level up process, such as adding powers like a ac modifier that drops dex and uses con instead. i know its possible because the toughness feat is there. any way to make these happen? im basically looking to add automation to community content for customization purposes. and i like to code.
Happy Rolls.

vodokar
February 8th, 2017, 21:00
I'm sure it's possible. You would need to create an extension for 5e. Check out the developer guides under the help menu.

5e is pretty the most advanced and complexly coded ruleset, so it's likely to be quite a task to decipher it's innerworkings, but if your determined, I'm sure you can do it.

Zacchaeus
February 8th, 2017, 21:03
Hi Draconos welcome to FG and to the community.

I don't know if it is possible but if it is you'll need to write and extension to do so. There's a tutorial here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20449-Tutorial-Creating-a-Basic-Extension) about how to create an extension but I think it may be out of date since the architacture of FG has changed. The other thing to do is to open up the coreRPG ruleset and look at how that is put together.