PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Background video tutorial

Zacchaeus
February 8th, 2017, 14:40
So, departing from my usual written tutorials I've made a video.

If you like it I might be persuaded to do more :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTtaC2Tz79U

Thegroo
February 8th, 2017, 23:41
Yup, we like it

GunnarGreybeard
February 9th, 2017, 15:40
These was really helpful. Looking forward to getting creative.

pindercarl
February 9th, 2017, 17:57
Very well done. Even I was able to follow it.

MarianDz
February 13th, 2017, 14:52
like :)

TMO
February 14th, 2017, 03:58
I concur. I would love to see these grow into a comprehensive library of simple, focused, and to-the-point videos like this one. There are many other great video tutorials but they tend to be long and difficult to find what I want or need. On occasion someone will direct me to a time-stamp, but I'd rather have the video equivalent of a reference manual. It would be much easier to index and get what I need. Also, it is great to see a video that uses a current version of FG! :) Thank you for putting this together.

tsemana
February 14th, 2017, 04:56
That was really well done! Enjoyed it very much.

:D:D:D

Redemption77
February 25th, 2017, 03:05
Are you intending on making one for Classes. I think thats where alot of people would like help, I know I and my players do. Entering the info is the difficult part obviously since fg only recognizes certain language

Zacchaeus
February 25th, 2017, 08:45
I probably will do classes now that Moon Wizard fixed the starting proficiencies but right now my attention has to be on other things.

mhorgunn
February 26th, 2017, 02:16
Thank you!

frozzzt
May 2nd, 2023, 17:01
How I create a background that in character wizard (FGU d&d 5e) that will add the automatically the equipment listed in the background? and add two skills to choice in the wizard?

Today, besides I filled the fields skills with [Two of your choice] and equipment with [items and packs], doesn't show at character wizard.

I'm creating new backgrounds.

Zacchaeus
May 2nd, 2023, 17:29
Unfortunately a lot of stuff in the character wizard currently only supports official content; so you may not get the expected results from a homebrew background.

It may well work better using drag and drop however.

frozzzt
May 3rd, 2023, 14:06
Unfortunately a lot of stuff in the character wizard currently only supports official content; so you may not get the expected results from a homebrew background.

It may well work better using drag and drop however.

Good to know, thank you!