PDA

View Full Version : Miranda's gone MAD! Tons of AL games for getting into AL or even for total FG newbs!

LindseyFan
February 7th, 2017, 05:32
Everyone at my house will be gone for a week, so I feel like it is the perfect time to fill my life with a whole bunch of Adventurers League. My goal is to get as many new AL PCs trained up for AL as possible. I have a DCI#, so your PC will be legal for all the future AL games you take them too! I will be running more AL games as the weeks go by, so all these experienced PCs will get a chance to build their own journeys and campaigns on the way to the 20th Level.

And if you are new to FG? No problem! You are more than welcome to join in. I only ask that you watch some of the FG videos first and then show up an hour early so I can train you. Text gaming is the best (in my opinion) but it does suffer a bit when showing people how to play for the first time. We’ll need that hour early to get you up to speed.

PLEASE NOTE: This post is a listing for a bunch of AL games. Please read everything two or three times to avoid some confusion when finding the game(s) you would like to play in.
Key to keep in mind is that an AL character can play in any adventure that they meet the level requirements for, as long as that PC hasn’t played the adventure before. So if you want to repeat an adventure on another night, you can, but with a different level 1.

The sessions (all times US EST):

Feb 9: 5PM EST - DDAL05-01 Missions 1 & 2 (levels 1-2 Newb Friendly)
Feb 10: 10AM EST – DDAL05-01 Missions 1 & 2 (levels 1-2 Newb Friendly)
Feb 11: 1PM EST – DDAL05-01 Missions 3,4, & 5 (levels 1-2 Newb Friendly)
Feb 12: Reserved DDAL05-01 3,4,5 Special Invite
Feb 13: 5PM - DDAL05-03 (levels 1-4, at least 1 prior FG game preferred)
Feb 14: 9PM – DDAL05-03 (levels 1-4, at least 1 prior FG game preferred)

So yes, you could play one or two nights of 05-01 and then play the same character in 05-03

FG License: Ultimate – With all WoTC books!
Game System: 5e Adventurers League

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: See above
If new game, planned start date: See above
Planned Duration & Frequency: One shot style AL each night

Text or Voice: Text only, no voice or sound

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 3-6 (won’t run on less than 3)
Character starting level & equipment: 1 if new PC as per AL. Other levels okay with AL documents.
Character restrictions: AL Legal Character

Link to Gamecalendar page:

Feb 9: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2397
Feb 10: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2398
Feb 11: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2399
Feb 12: Reserved
Feb 13: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2400
Feb 14: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2401

NOTE: THIS POST MAY BE UPDATED DAILY, SO COME BACK TO IT FOR MORE DETAILS OFTEN

Jonkar
February 7th, 2017, 07:28
Unfortunatly I live in Europe but I applaud you! Really nice! Have fun :)

LindseyFan
February 7th, 2017, 12:11
Unfortunatly I live in Europe but I applaud you! Really nice! Have fun :)

None of those times translate into good European hours? I threw in a few oddball (to Americans) hours just in case. What would be a good time for Central Europeans?

Jonkar
February 7th, 2017, 12:15
The saturday one is pretty nice for europeans! 7 PM GMT+1

Personally I can't make it, but it's great for Europeans. The others are 11 PM, which for me is too late with a workday the next day.

But I'm sure it's fine for other europeans!

Howell Family
February 7th, 2017, 18:20
This is exactly what I've been looking for, so thank you! I will be signing up for a couple of missions.

LindseyFan
February 7th, 2017, 19:51
I am excited by all the early interest! Those that have signed up will be getting pm's within the next couple days, detailing a few early administrative tasks and tips.

Teufelhunde87
February 7th, 2017, 21:32
I am excited by all the early interest! Those that have signed up will be getting pm's within the next couple days, detailing a few early administrative tasks and tips.

Signed on one already. I'll look at my schedule on others.

Boombaby
February 9th, 2017, 20:54
i'm interested in this, if you have a spot open. I'll need the connection info though. :)

LindseyFan
February 9th, 2017, 20:59
i'm interested in this, if you have a spot open. I'll need the connection info though. :)

Hi Boom and welcome! It's a little late to join in today's game as it starts in less than hour, and there has been some prep work by the other players already. Perhaps another one of the sessions I have available? I will add you into those if you put those requests in. Thanks and sorry!

Boombaby
February 9th, 2017, 21:05
*sad face* I'll look at tomorrows game, thanks!!

Emerald_wind
February 10th, 2017, 05:43
Sadly only one game works for those of us on the West Coast. (Well 2 I suppose if you can play that early on a Saturday). The weekday ones are much too early.

LindseyFan
February 10th, 2017, 06:16
I am usually West Coast friendly on all my games. 9PM EST 6PM PST. Because of that, this "blitz of games" is trying to fit in other time zones. Look for next week being more along my 9PM EST start time.

damned
February 10th, 2017, 06:16
Sadly only one game works for those of us on the West Coast. (Well 2 I suppose if you can play that early on a Saturday). The weekday ones are much too early.

Sounds like an opportunity for some West Coast players to try their hand at the GM side of the table! Go on - you know you want to.

LindseyFan
February 10th, 2017, 06:46
For sure! And there is so much in the way of AL xp rewards for doing it!

bigboom
February 10th, 2017, 11:47
I've never played AL before nor a text only game, but I'll give it a shot!

I'm new to 5e. Do I need to prepare anything? Will there be pregens available?

I'm already familiar with using FG...

Emerald_wind
February 10th, 2017, 13:11
I live in a small town almost 2 hours from the closest AL game so this is my first real opportunity to play one. I'd like to play one before I DM one (that and I have no idea how to get the material - But the thought is there) And due to my living situation I have to have Text only games, so this is the first actual opportunity to play an AL game (thanks Miranda!). Really looking forward to it!

LindseyFan
February 10th, 2017, 13:17
I think once you get rolling as an AL player, you'll probably want to DM too. I can help you with finding the AL materials that are easiest to get started with. Though anything that is released officially for 5e is already AL compatible - you just have to be aware of certain record keeping things and such. I forget the link, but if you go to the D&D website, they have a link to a ton of free AL info.

Emerald_wind
February 10th, 2017, 13:31
Ahhh... it used to be such a closely guarded secret! Lol.

Trenloe
February 10th, 2017, 14:01
Look at the "sticky" threads at the top of the AL forum here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?95-D-amp-D-Adventurer-s-League-Games Lots of info/links there.

Emerald_wind
February 10th, 2017, 14:10
Thanks! I definitely will. But first I want to play a few games to get to see how this side of it works - THEN go over to the dark side! muahahaha

Teufelhunde87
February 10th, 2017, 21:25
Miranda got me all fired up for AL play! Last night was a blast, and the party was great despite not having a true Tank. I can see AL becoming part of my regular gaming. Just might be a AL module I run in FGCON in April, get me some DM rewards! Can't wait for Monday!

Trenloe
February 10th, 2017, 21:28
Just might be a AL module I run in FGCON in April, get me some DM rewards!
Do it!

:)

Emerald_wind
February 10th, 2017, 21:35
The truth is I got completely burnt out trying to find a way to play or DM an AL game back when it first started out because there were so many restrictions, and I live so far from even a gaming store. I'd given up on ever playing AL, so hadn't even looked at it for at least a year. Glad FG is supporting it and looking forward to Miranda's mad DMing skills.

Trubo
February 11th, 2017, 00:47
While it looks like you're already full for the game on Saturday, I'll make a character just in case a spot opens up. The only thing I'm currently confused about is the Story Origin requirement.

Logan-05
February 11th, 2017, 01:15
Totally agree with this! Last night was a terrific session. I really enjoyed the all-text format, which was new for me. Miranda was a consummate DM. And we had a great party, despite the lack of tank. One of the most enjoyable experiences I've had yet on FG. It's setting the bar really high for the next round of AL, which starts tomorrow for me!

Miranda got me all fired up for AL play! Last night was a blast, and the party was great despite not having a true Tank. I can see AL becoming part of my regular gaming. Just might be a AL module I run in FGCON in April, get me some DM rewards! Can't wait for Monday!

StintedVisions
February 11th, 2017, 05:16
Dang, the one I could've made I missed and is also during a different game I'm in :(

LindseyFan
February 11th, 2017, 05:33
There will be more! And the times will vary. Mamma likes the DM XP from AL!

GunnarGreybeard
February 11th, 2017, 10:04
Looks like there is a pretty good amount of interest even with them being Text only. I'd try to get in on that game on the 14th BUT we know what day that is and I'll have other 'responsibilities' to attend to that evening.

Howell Family
February 11th, 2017, 12:21
The truth is I got completely burnt out trying to find a way to play or DM an AL game back when it first started out because there were so many restrictions, and I live so far from even a gaming store. I'd given up on ever playing AL, so hadn't even looked at it for at least a year. Glad FG is supporting it and looking forward to Miranda's mad DMing skills.

From listening to the official WoTC D&D podcast it sounds like over the past couple of years they've realized how online play can really facilitate AL play; which I think is great. As someone who lives and works close to comic book stores I still have problems attending games. Due to being a father and a husband with a full-time job I would either have to drive 2 hours round trip to a Wednesday/Saturday game, try to convince my local store to host a game (they only participate in Magic at the moment), or re-arrange my daughter's after school activities.

FG makes it a lot easier for me to facilitate games on my own schedule, so thanks FG! And thanks to LindseyFan and all the others who are encouraging us to play AL online.

Emerald_wind
February 11th, 2017, 14:14
From listening to the official WoTC D&D podcast it sounds like over the past couple of years they've realized how online play can really facilitate AL play; which I think is great. As someone who lives and works close to comic book stores I still have problems attending games. Due to being a father and a husband with a full-time job I would either have to drive 2 hours round trip to a Wednesday/Saturday game, try to convince my local store to host a game (they only participate in Magic at the moment), or re-arrange my daughter's after school activities.

FG makes it a lot easier for me to facilitate games on my own schedule, so thanks FG! And thanks to LindseyFan and all the others who are encouraging us to play AL online.

Agree 100%!!

ayesielar
February 11th, 2017, 14:54
I signed up for the 13th Feb. I am a newb and have just downloaded FG. I also have very little experience with tabletop D&D from 20 years ago, but have been playing D&D computer games (Baldur's Gate, Nevernight Nights, Icewind Dale, etc) on and off over the past 20 years so I understand the mechanics of the game pretty well. I have never had the chance to get involved in tabletop due to lack of availability but since I have found this software and forum I have decided to give it a go as I have always been interested.

I know for the 13th it says "at least 1 prior FG game preferred" so I understand if you can't fit me in either way :) I have already watched a number of videos and plan to watch and read more between now and then to be up to speed and hopefully find someone willing to run me through some basics tomorrow.

Let me know what you think.

LindseyFan
February 11th, 2017, 16:25
Hey there and welcome ayesielar! I normally have no problem showing people the ropes on FG. I've trained 14 people in the past week so far! lol However, that session I have to save for those brave souls who have made it this far in their learning. I will be posting more AL for new players in the coming week, so don't worry, I will have a game available soon for you if you want to learn from me. In the meantime, if you keep your eyes on the forum and calendar, you will see I am just one of many offering games for new players. :)

Thanks for your interest and sorry about this week!

Elliannith
February 12th, 2017, 14:04
Dang... found this a little too late.
I hope you'll be hosting more in the future. Been a player for a while and have a few FG sessions under my belt, but I really want to get going in AL.

Grantland
February 14th, 2017, 16:48
Miranda is great, some of my best experiences as a player. Text only format works great I can do stuff without getting talked over. I hope I am quick enough to enroll in future games. Thanks Miranda.

inos2711
February 14th, 2017, 17:39
Totally agree, the session was great. She's an incredible GM. I will be on the lookout for more of her sessions.

Logan-05
February 14th, 2017, 17:59
More total agreement on this point from me. She's really cracked the code for producing memorable adventures using her 'text-only' format. Can't recommend her as a DM enough. And the PCs last night were terrific too!

LindseyFan
February 14th, 2017, 19:52
I should be the one saying thank you to you all! You were amazing players and a lot of fun to DM for. Some people were brand new but caught on quick enough to start helping others. And of course those more experienced were naturally helping too! You all made great teams both as friends and then side by side in battle.

Tonight is the last session of my blitz, but there will still be more FG AL sessions coming. Just not as many all at once sadly. I will do my best though to rotate things for as many time zones as I can.

I can't wait to game with you all again real soon!

(And to those that missed the training blitz, a large portion of my upcoming sessions will still be newbie friendly, but you will most likely be with a very helpful group now.)

tsemana
February 14th, 2017, 19:52
More total agreement on this point from me. She's really cracked the code for producing memorable adventures using her 'text-only' format. Can't recommend her as a DM enough. And the PCs last night were terrific too!

Another +1 here on Miranda's DM'ing and mentoring on FG basics. Was very disappointed that I couldn't join yesterday, but lurking for a short time had to do.

Teufelhunde87
February 14th, 2017, 20:20
Another +1 here on Miranda's DM'ing and mentoring on FG basics. Was very disappointed that I couldn't join yesterday, but lurking for a short time had to do.

We missed running with you. Was a great time, but 6 would have been awesome!

BDaniel
February 15th, 2017, 23:09
Miranda,
Another one for the annals of FG and AL gaming. Thank you for a great adventure and I would also like to thank the great party of individuals that graced the game last night. Not to spoil to much for future games but I thought we were toast when the big wooden fella came to life. The good thing for us he missed, missed, missed, and missed. I think the GM made up for it in the last encounter through crit, crit, and crit and 3 PC's taking a dirt nap.

Missed you Teufelhunde87, could have really used Hol my beer and my short jokes only targeted one PC this time.

SF
BDaniel

Teufelhunde87
February 15th, 2017, 23:33
Miranda,
Another one for the annals of FG and AL gaming. Thank you for a great adventure and I would also like to thank the great party of individuals that graced the game last night. Not to spoil to much for future games but I thought we were toast when the big wooden fella came to life. The good thing for us he missed, missed, missed, and missed. i thing the GM made up for it in the last encounter though crit, crit, and crit and 3 PC's taking a dirt nap.

Missed you Teufelhunde87, could have really used Hol my beer and my short jokes only targeted on PC this time.

SF
BDaniel

I ran the night before and almost took a dirt nap in the last encounter! Hol was a vicious little **** in the woodie battle though. The I was clearing Spites while the blungeon and magic folk worked on woodie. Looking to run an AL game next Thursday, set your calendar! I'll get you more info later.
SF!

LindseyFan
February 16th, 2017, 00:03
It's good to hear you all had fun. Even though I root for you all, I do try my best to kill you all with what I have... It's no fun for anyone otherwise! And of course this module gave me some nice, powerful beasties! Mwahahahahahha...

The adventure has alternate paths, btw, so everyone could end up with completely different sets of monsters next time. Both groups just happened to go down the same path this time.

Teufelhunde87
February 16th, 2017, 20:23
It's good to hear you all had fun. Even though I root for you all, I do try my best to kill you all with what I have... It's no fun for anyone otherwise! And of course this module gave me some nice, powerful beasties! Mwahahahahahha...

The adventure has alternate paths, btw, so everyone could end up with completely different sets of monsters next time. Both groups just happened to go down the same path this time.
Haha! Would have never guessed!!!1