PDA

View Full Version : Help: Custom Race/Class for D&D 5e and other things

Galach
February 6th, 2017, 20:46
Good afternoon everyone

After running almost all official D&D 5e campaigns released on Fantasy Grounds, it is time to move to where my real love for a Campaign Setting lies: Eberron.
Problem is, I am a bit of a purist and I did not liked at all the material released under Unearthed Arcana until now, so I am building custom versions of the races (and including Daelkyr Half-Bloods and Kalashtars too) to use in my coming campaign.

I had also created custom backgrounds using the flavor of 3.5 Eberron prestige classes (Like Dragonmarked Heir, Master inquisitive, Exorcist of Silver Flame, etc) ans also backgrounds based on organizations (like The Gatekeepers, Blood of Vol, Emerald Claw, Arcane Congress, etc).
Finally, I started to give shape to Artificer Infusions an also on how special materials like Flametouched Iron, Bronzewood, Byeshk, etc will work, so I need to know how to “code” them right so they work on my game.

That said, my questions are:

1. Can someone please point me to where I can find info on building custom races for D&D 5e?

2. If I create a new “weapon property”, let’s say, “byeshk”, and if I add the tag “!byeshk” (no quotes) in a creature with damage resistance, will it work like if it was a “!magic” (no quotes)?

3. If I create an infusion that turns a steel weapon temporally into an adamantine weapon, how should I build the expression, so FG recognize it?

4. Is it possible to make the same thing but adding a typed damage (like fire, ice, acid, etc) instead?

5. After finishing the typing work, how can I build a module with that info, with drag and drop links? Will it be done through Parse5e?

Thank you very much! :)

Zacchaeus
February 6th, 2017, 21:11
1) There's no tutorial that I'm aware of. The easiest thing to do would be to look at one of the existing ones to see how it is put together - or edit an existing one.
2) No. The only tags that weapons can take are the standard damage types and magic, silver and adamantine. You might be able to do what you want using the custom tag. Create an effect called 'byeshk' and place that on the NPC. Then on the PC with the weapon create an effect IFT: custom(byeshk); DMG: 2d6 slashing (or whatever). Easier just to treat the weapon as magic and give it the magic tag in properties.
3) Add 'adamantine' to the weapon properties. You'd have to manually edit that in and out when the weapon changed. Or add an effect to the PC wielding the weapon DMG: 1d6, slashing, adamantine (or whatever).
4) You can add additional damage to a weapon by adding a new line in the actions tab; (click the little magnifying class icon next to the existing weapon in the actions tab). You can't do so in the weapon properties itself.
5) Type /export in chat and you'll get a form to fill up which is self explanatory. Tick all the things you want to export (items, NPCs etc) and then click on the button.

Galach
February 7th, 2017, 11:33
Hi Zacchaeus!

Thank you very much for your answer, I will try to edit the races provided on UA and follow your instructions on building the effects. =)