PDA

View Full Version : LFP for Wednesday Night Pathfinder Campaign (8 EST, 7 CST, 5 PST)

LordBalkoth
February 6th, 2017, 15:42
Basics

What You Need...

1. Fantasy Grounds Demo (I have the Ultimate License)
2. Discord (https://discordapp.com/) (voice communication program similar to Teamspeak)

Sessions are weekly on Wednesday at 8 PM EST (7 PM CST, 5 PM PST) until 12 AM EST (11 PM CST, 9 PM PST).

Overview

Although the campaign has both a narrative and player-driven opportunities for roleplay, the main emphasis is challenging combat. New players are welcome, as long as you're willing to use sound tactics and learn about the game. Work together and play wisely and you'll succeed. But be ready for a challenge.

I'm aiming for 6 players overall, have one open spot right now. Characters may use material from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, and Advanced Class Guide. 20 point buy, nothing above a 16 or below a 7 prior to racial modifiers. Two traits (no campaign traits, no other limit). Default pantheon. Further material is subject to my approval. Non-evil only for this campaign.

Current Party Members...

1. (Mostly) Wild-Shaping Druid
2. Dual-Wielding Ranger
3. Sword and Shield Slayer
4. Warpriest Archer
5. Elemental (Water) Sorcerer

Background

The country of Abria was not a pleasant place. Still isn't, in fact. Slavery, corruption, dealings with the lower planes, you name it -- the common people live in fear and oppression. Several decades ago a powerful paladin named Lothen Morath and his companions fought a war to liberate the country from the tyrants that ruled it. After years of bloodshed and countless lives lost a tentative peace was established with Abria ceding about a third of its land to Lothen who promptly established a new kingdom he named Belguth. The newly crowned King Morath, having seen the horrors of war first hand for years, was hesitant to embark on another crusade to overthrow the rest of Abria. The war might claim more lives than it would save. So he determined to do what good he could for the people under his rule and bided his time, waiting for an opportunity to finished what he started.

Little did anyone expect that Abria that would restart the war a few weeks ago in a vicious surprise attack. Reports from the front lines claim the enemy troops are driven by an almost demonic fury in battle. In desperation Lothen has called upon even town guards and militia to stand against the onslaught...leaving most of the kingdom undermanned and underdefended. Old enemies like goblins and orcs marshal to take advantage of the kingdom's weakened state. Bandits, giants, and more prey on anything left vulnerable. There are even whispered rumors of an evil cult insidiously spreading throughout the land.

This is where you enter the tale. Can you survive the forces arrayed against Belguth? Can you save the land from evils both without and within? Only time will tell...

Contact

If you're interested in joining, please send me a PM or email me at balkothwarcraft at gmail dot com

The party is currently level 6, you'd join at that level with appropriate gear.

House Rules

1. Maximum HP on level up
2. Maximized healing spells out of combat.
3. Dual-wielders can attack once with each weapon as a standard action/AoO/Haste extra attack.
4. Two-Weapon Fighting improves at the appropriate levels to get the rest of the chain (Improved, Greater)
5. All characters automatically have Agile Maneuvers and Weapon Finesse.
6. Weapon Focus and similar feats apply to weapon groups instead of a specific weapon. In addition, any reasonable dual-wielding combination gains this benefit as well (such as a Longsword and Short Sword).
7. No Leadership or crafting feats
8. Only innate ability scores allow you to qualify for feats/new spell levels
9. Coup de grace is a one round action instead of a full round action.
10. Barbarian Rage gives temporary hit points
11. No Gunslingers/Summoners

LordBalkoth
June 13th, 2017, 21:29
Someone had to drop for RL schedule changes, looking to pick up a new sixth person.

M0rganstern
June 14th, 2017, 00:46
On a scale of 1 to Confetti Octopus, how seriously does this campaign take itself?

LordBalkoth
June 14th, 2017, 18:43
Reasonably seriously. There's jokes and humor at times, but people aren't constantly goofing around. And if screwball tactics got the party killed, I suspect players would be a mite upset.

LordBalkoth
July 13th, 2017, 02:41
Real life issues have popped up in the party, down to three people, looking to recruit to fill the missing spots for next Wednesday (7/19/17).

Lumastin
July 13th, 2017, 04:22
im down to join, are you guys still running now?

LordBalkoth
July 13th, 2017, 05:36
We ended early tonight since we're down some people. Send me a PM if you're interested in joining for next week.

LordBalkoth
July 15th, 2017, 23:56
Still looking for a few people.

__doug__
July 16th, 2017, 00:43
Your game sounds interesting but I could not join the game until 9PM EST.

LordBalkoth
July 16th, 2017, 15:05
A full hour late every week isn't going to work, unfortunately, though if your schedule changes let me know (might be able to deal with 15-20 minutes, for example).

joshuatadams
July 17th, 2017, 04:11
my group of three would be up for it if you are still looking

LordBalkoth
July 19th, 2017, 14:33
Joshua's group joined another game, still looking.

LordBalkoth
July 24th, 2017, 06:26
Still need 1-2 players.

Phyloyd
July 24th, 2017, 17:43
I may be interested in playing, are you still looking for players? I would be interested in playing a Bard, would that fit into your group?

LordBalkoth
July 24th, 2017, 18:43
A Bard would fit into the group, yes. Sent you a PM.

LordBalkoth
July 28th, 2017, 16:15
Still looking for a few good men (and/or women). Or neutral, even.

Foamhead
July 29th, 2017, 22:12
I would be happy to join. I am new to Fantasy Grounds but know Pathfinder.

LordBalkoth
July 30th, 2017, 04:31
Glad to hear it, sent a PM.

Tykho
July 30th, 2017, 18:27
I'm new to Pathfinder and FG (a 5e roll20 veteran), but would be interested if you still have space.

LordBalkoth
July 31st, 2017, 03:16
Sent you a PM.

Floden
August 1st, 2017, 18:02
Old school gamer, new to FG. Fairly familiar with PF. I own a lot of the material, but haven't gotten to use it much.

Time and day works fine.

Willing to discuss possibilities at length.

Thanks.

LordBalkoth
August 1st, 2017, 23:44
Sent a PM.

LordBalkoth
August 3rd, 2017, 02:12
Helping a new Shaman player set up his character right now. Still looking for another two players, will be around to talk tonight.

zkais
August 3rd, 2017, 02:55
Sounds interesting, I enjoy homebrew over pregen campaigns. Your background sounds interesting ...

I have FG experience, I even DM on Tuesday Nights, so Wednesday would be great for me ... been doing 3.5/pathfinder since for 15 yrs ...
let me know if interested in having me ... thanks

LordBalkoth
August 3rd, 2017, 04:43
Replied to your PM.

LordBalkoth
August 31st, 2017, 00:04
Have one open spot (and it's pretty flexible).

Anchovey
August 31st, 2017, 21:14
Well, depending on how flexible:

Totally new to FG.

Totally new to Pathfinder.

Willing to put in the effort to learn and would enjoy being part of a long term campaign.

Willing to invest in software/hardware to get set up.

Would like to have fun but also respect GM/other players by taking the game seriously.

PM me if this sounds like it may work, and if not, no hard feelings!

LordBalkoth
September 1st, 2017, 02:28
I'm willing to talk, at least, though you'll need to put in a considerable amount of effort up front. Sent you a PM.

Jahck37
September 2nd, 2017, 20:49
Completely new to the system but have been playing tabletops for 16 years and Pathfinder since release.

Let me know if you still need people.

LordBalkoth
September 3rd, 2017, 15:20
Sent you a PM.