PDA

View Full Version : Can't Drag and Drop Certain Items Onto Character Sheet

Nateks0492
February 5th, 2017, 22:27
Hi,
I'm trying to drag and drop the Spider Staff and the Staff of Defense from the DD Lost Mine of Phandelver module onto the Actions tab of a character sheet so that it appears in the Actions tab. It will drag and drop into the Inventory tab, but not in the Actions tab. Equipping them once they are in the Inventory tab also does NOT make them appear in the Actions tab. At the same time, I can drag and drop a Battleaxe, +1 from the DD Lost Mine of Phandelver module onto the Actions tab and it WILL add it to the character sheet. Any idea as to what's happening here and how to fix it? I updated to the latest version of fantasy grounds on 2/4/2017.

Zacchaeus
February 5th, 2017, 22:35
The reason I think is that those items are not being recognised by FG as weapons. LMoP was written long before the functionality to drag/drop and equip weapons was automated. If you go into your items and find the Spider Staff and unlock it; change the Type to Weapon and the subtype to Staff and you'll find it will now work as you are expecting.

Nateks0492
February 5th, 2017, 22:36
Ok, I figured it out. In the item's properties menu, the Type field was set to "Staff" instead of "Weapon". After changing the field to "Weapon", the drag and drop works correctly. Just so everyone knows so that they could possibly fix this bug in the future.

Nateks0492
February 5th, 2017, 22:37
Zacchaeus,
Thanks for the quick response. I was literally writing back saying the same exact thing when you posted your answer, but thanks for your expertise.

Zacchaeus
February 5th, 2017, 22:41
I've added this to the fix list; thanks for pointing it out.