PDA

View Full Version : Had to Uninstall, Can't Get License to Activate

Playdrian
February 5th, 2017, 21:42
Howdy,

I had to uninstall FG because I told it to look in the wrong place for data files and it kept crashing.

I'm a Steam user. After reinstalling, it found the original data files but does not recognize my Ultimate License anymore. Even when I re-input the license code it doesn't allow me to use anything other than the demo mode, so I can't access my campaign, etc.

How can I remedy this?

Zacchaeus
February 5th, 2017, 21:57
Best bet is to delete all the data files (or rename the folder if you have stuff you want to keep). Go into settings, re-enter your key, make sure that the data path is set to where you want it to be (usually users/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds) Make sure your username and password are also correct and then click update from the settings.

Playdrian
February 5th, 2017, 22:20
That seems to have worked--I have my campaign records back, etc.

The launcher still has a button that says "upgrade to ultimate" which makes me worry that some of the features of the license aren't active, but I'll have to test that and report back.

Thanks for your help.

Zacchaeus
February 5th, 2017, 22:38
Yes, you should see at the top right of the start screen 3.2.x Ultimate. If you don't then your installation hasn't 'taken'. Make sure that you have put your correct (i.e. ultimate license) key into the correct box then do a further update.

Trenloe
February 5th, 2017, 23:20
The launcher still has a button that says "upgrade to ultimate" ...
That means you have a full (standard) license key. Have you upgraded from Full to Ultimate recently? If so, look for the ultimate license key - it should be in your order history or will have been emailed to you. Your previous full license is not changed, you need to enter the new key instead of the old one.

Playdrian
February 6th, 2017, 20:12
Thank you! All is fixed. You guys are fantastic at customer support.