PDA

View Full Version : Test Release v3.3.0 (was v3.2.4)

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2017, 06:47
FG v3.3.0 will be a combination of official Pathfinder support and bug fixes. The plan is to make this a fairly quick turnaround release to support the Pathfinder launch.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Key Things
1) Always backup your campaign data before running the test version.
2) If the GM is running on test then all of the players will also be running on test.
3) If you encounter an issues log them in the relevant testing thread - don't use the generic House of Healing, but use this thread.

Notes
The caching algorithm for player cache data has changed. If you revert to Live to join a game, you will need to nuke your cache, or you will get errors.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2017, 06:47
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Random encounter NPCs which generate a number encountered less than zero will remove that NPC entry.
[CoreRPG+] Tooltip added to activation/speech button on PC sheet.
[CoreRPG+] Story navigation buttons will navigate within matching module and group, instead of just module.
[CoreRPG+] Image and item links dropped on an image window will use the name field as the pin name. Identification will be ignored for the pin names to allow this.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Race and class records can be dropped on front page of PC sheet, and links will be created to those records.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Changed race names in basic rules modules to singular form.
[PFRPG/3.5E] If encounter record opened, XP/CR is zero, and there is at least one NPC entry, then XP/CR will be auto-calculated. (such as when random encounter generated)
[PFRPG/3.5E] Proficiencies combined into a single list on PC sheet Abilities tab.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Racial traits section added on PC sheet Abilities tab.
[4E] Allow PC/NPC powers to be copied into campaign powers list.
[CoreRPG+] PC activation button (speech bubble) on PC sheet generates script error in Manage Characters mode. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] When using facing option, tokens would sometimes not be displayed correctly after reloading campaign. Fixed.
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/CoC/CnC/d20M/SW] Some individual records were incorrectly marked deleteable, which would override formatting menu in formatted text fields. Fixed.
[5E] Empty challenge field in NPC record would cause fields to overlap. Fixed.
[5E] Warlocks incorrectly given Deception and Persuasion skill proficiency at level 2, due to language in the Eldritch Invocations class feature. This feature will no longer be checked for proficiencies.
[4E] Flavor text data error when viewing powers depending on parser used. Changed to use string data type, and to load either. Only string data can be edited.
[CnC] Race and class records did not provide a lock button, or allow the name to be edited. Fixed.
[DEV] windowinstance: setPosition - Added parameter to specify relative offsets when using negative position parameters.
[DEV] Relative links in formattedtext controls not working. Fixed.

JPG

drvolk
February 5th, 2017, 08:36
Updates

[PFRPG/3.5E] Race and class records can be dropped on front page of PC sheet, and links will be created to those records.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Changed race names in basic rules modules to singular form.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Proficiencies combined into a single list on PC sheet Abilities tab.

JPG

Great!

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2017, 11:53
Updates

[LAUNCHER] User name and password fields not saved when clicking Start while field still has focus. Fixed.
[5E] Script error when adding armor or shield to PC with the Unarmored Defense class ability. Fixed.

JPG

viresanimi
February 5th, 2017, 17:20
"[CoreRPG+] Story navigation buttons will navigate within matching module and group, instead of just module."

Would it be hard to turn this into an option you can toggle on / off? Personally I feel these are just in the way and take up screen space, but I can see why some people would probably like them. Depending on how you organize your modules that is. And since I am all for options, can it literally become one?

Vires Animi

Moon Wizard
February 7th, 2017, 21:51
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Message added to notify that image records can not be copied.
[5E] All images from modules displayed in campaign image list.
Copyright year on loading screen updated.
[5E] Speed penalty incorrectly applied when wearing heavy armor. Fixed.
[5E] Debug output statements appearing when adding pregen characters. Fixed.
[DEV][CoreRPG+] Add reference image path to campaign image listing.

JPG

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2017, 18:57
Updates

When exporting records or modules, or copying records, links would not get rewritten when relative to exported or copied path. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] When using read-only export option, links in exported records would not get rewritten to point to read only paths. Fixed.
[5E] When creating a new class record, proficiency entries would not work. Fixed.

JPG

ddavison
February 14th, 2017, 19:43
"[CoreRPG+] Story navigation buttons will navigate within matching module and group, instead of just module."

Would it be hard to turn this into an option you can toggle on / off? Personally I feel these are just in the way and take up screen space, but I can see why some people would probably like them. Depending on how you organize your modules that is. And since I am all for options, can it literally become one?

Vires Animi

These are done as small forward back and up buttons within the existing footer section of the story frame, so I don't think they take up any more room. Are you looking at the new built-in ones? Some of our devs were adding text links within the story for each component and those took up more room.

LordEntrails
February 14th, 2017, 19:54
I believe these are the buttons at the bottom of a story entry that are being talked about.
I would assume they take up some vertical space. But I don't know. If they do, then I think Viresanimi is asking that an option be available to turn them off.

Where I think these types of links are what Doug was talking about as being added by developers;

ddavison
February 14th, 2017, 19:58
I believe these are the buttons at the bottom of a story entry that are being talked about.
I would assume they take up some vertical space. But I don't know. If they do, then I think Viresanimi is asking that an option be available to turn them off.

Where I think these types of links are what Doug was talking about as being added by developers;

Yep, that is what I was wanting to clarify. I'm not sure if Moon Wizard had to expand the frame size at all for them, but I didn't think he did since there was already a small footer for the resize handle on the bottom-right. I could be wrong.

Nickademus
February 14th, 2017, 23:14
Next time I run my game I can check. I have certain story windows measured from the bottom to the line. If one line less is showing, I'll know that the footer was increased. Though I didn't notice a change during my last game but I could have been distracted.

viresanimi
February 15th, 2017, 02:36
I don't really care about space. I just don't have use for those buttons at all. What I was wondering was if it was a hard thing to add to the options menu. I basically am a big fan of being able to customize things so they fit my needs as a gm. Hence I love the ability to toggle the sidebar buttons as needed. Just to give an example.

Moon Wizard
February 16th, 2017, 05:02
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Shortcut bar frame can now grow beyond 300 pixels.
[CoreRPG+] Improved speed when adding creatures to combat tracker.
[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/d20M] GM only effects would sometimes be visible to players via the shared tooltip when the Show Enemy Effects option set to Tooltip. Fixed.
[4E] Defense and attack totals not calculating correctly when changing ability used for defense or attack. Fixed.

JPG

dulux-oz
February 16th, 2017, 05:22
Thanks Moon :)

Edit: Excellent! It now looks great! Cheers

Moon Wizard
February 16th, 2017, 09:02
Updates

[CoreRPG+] More speed up for adding creatures to CT.
[DEV][CoreRPG+] Cleaned up some addHandler calls that didn't have matching removeHandler calls, and that should.

Cheers,
JPG

Nickademus
February 16th, 2017, 11:13
Good stuff.

Moon Wizard
February 16th, 2017, 20:15
Updates

Reverted a couple more aggressive speed changes that caused some data to not appear as expected in the combat tracker.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2017, 18:42
Some good fixes and features submitted by Ikael.

Updates

[SW] New filter options for Edges, Hindrances and Skills
[SW] Races, Skills, Powers, Edges, Hindrances, etc. records can be shared with right click menu option
[SW] Skills, Edges, Hindrances etc. could not be added to sheet by dragging from link inside the record. Fixed.
[SW] Bonuslist's label was not updated when source name changed. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2017, 18:54
Updates

Speed improvements for any ruleset code that involves data interactions.
[SW] Code cleanup for Savage Worlds (from Aki)
[SW] Fantasy Companion broken links fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2017, 18:57
In a little while, I will be revving the version on this one to v3.3 to coincide with the Pathfinder launch.

Also, there's a chance that we may be able to launch as early as middle of next week, but we haven't got confirmation yet. So, if you have extensions, please start taking a look.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2017, 22:09
Updates

Version advanced to v3.3.0 to coincide with Pathfinder official release.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
February 22nd, 2017, 22:39
Updates

Version advanced to v3.3.0 to coincide with Pathfinder official release.

Regards,
JPG
You're going to (continue) make(ing) a bunch of people happy :)

JohnD
February 24th, 2017, 02:05
Was there something strange going on about 30 minutes ago? In Test I had an update which moved me from 3.2.4 to 3.3.0. As this happened right before game time, none of my players could connect, so I had them update in the Test channel and some were getting 3.3.0 and some were getting 3.2.4 which caused a big cluster^$*@.

Solution - we all rolled back to 3.2.3 after fiddling around for ~ 30 minutes.

Moon Wizard
February 24th, 2017, 02:10
Not that I'm aware of. Perhaps it was a glitch in the CDN network.

JPG

JohnD
February 24th, 2017, 04:04
Is it still in vogue to blame Stephen Harper for this?

Moon Wizard
February 24th, 2017, 06:27
Updates

Square pointers now show length of a side, instead of center to edge distance.
[SW] Improvements to library equipment list
Incorrect distances shown for pointers with multiplied length distance displays. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Public state of note records owned by player being reset when player rejoins a campaign session. Fixed.
[5E/PFRPG/3.5E/d20M] Dice added by right clicking were not correctly calculated when critical damage rolled. Fixed.
[4E] Record dragged onto PC Abilities tab could not be accessed from the PC mini sheet Abilities tab. Fixed.
[4E] Data mismatch script errors when using A Tale of Dinor - 4E sample campaign. Fixed.
[SW] Library equipment list had massive height.
[SW] Library equipment list did not display notes properly. Fixed.
[SW] Deadlands Reloaded: Script error when locking or unlocking power record. Fixed.
[SW] Horror Companion: Added missing "Bear, Rabid" NPC, and fixed broken links.
[SW] Sci-Fi Companion: Fixed broken link. (NPC - Cyber - Special Abilities)
[SW] ETU: Fixed broken link. (NPC - Ghost - Description)
[SW] 50F: Fixed broken links in Player Guide (Artwork - Grael/Human) and GM Guide (Savage Tale links, NPC special abilities)

JPG

drvolk
February 25th, 2017, 14:35
Updates

I tried to create a "race" record with all it's "racial traits" implemented as links to corresponding "feat" records, i also created.
But because of the reference class of the feat records they can not be dropped into the "racial feats" section of a character sheet (they will automaticly sorted into the "feats" section).

Would be great if you could implement a way with which you can drag&drop "proficiennies, specialabilities, feats and racial feats" into the correct section of a character sheet from a "container" record like "class" or "race" records ...

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2017, 18:57
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Even numbered rows are now shaded in lists with alternating row colors, rather than odd numbered rows.
[CoreRPG+] List entries will no longer be deleted when using the Backspace or Delete on an empty list entry name field. Use the edit button to delete entries.
[CoreRPG+] Alternate row shading added to most PC sheet lists.
[5E] Pregen character records no longer require a module link for class features, racial traits or inventory items.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Added features list to class record.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Added traits list to race record.
[LAUNCHER] Debugging output when launching campaign if console open. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Rolls with PC targets not owned by user would not apply to those targets if the manual roll option enabled. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] After copying records in a campaign list, unable to search record by name. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] When exporting effects and modifiers, an empty list would be generated in the library for that module. Removed the empty list.
[PFRPG/3.5E] CLC effect not correctly adding dice or bonus to roll. Fixed.
[4E] DMG effect not allowing range modifier. Fixed.

JPG

drvolk
March 1st, 2017, 20:03
Updates

[PFRPG/3.5E] Added features list to class record.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Added traits list to race record.

JPG

Yeah!

I am sure that "drag&drop a race with traits or a class with features into a charsheet will automaticly add the containing traits and features into the right places of the charsheet" .. will come next ... would be realy cool :D

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2017, 21:40
That would be cool, but we're trying really hard to limit ourselves to what we can confidently deliver. We want to be able to launch as soon as all the hurdles are clear, so I won't be adding much from this point for v3.3.0. (hoping that the release is sooner than later)

Regards,
JPG

drvolk
March 2nd, 2017, 08:19
That would be cool, but we're trying really hard to limit ourselves to what we can confidently deliver. We want to be able to launch as soon as all the hurdles are clear, so I won't be adding much from this point for v3.3.0. (hoping that the release is sooner than later)

Regards,
JPG

That's absolutly ok. You prepared the rulesets with your new features very well for adding the "nice to have features for character creation on PFRPG" easely with community extensions.
I think this is even the better way, so you could concentrate to develop the real importend core features !

As many others, i can't wait for the new Realease and the new official Pathfinder content ... :)

Moon Wizard
March 8th, 2017, 01:24
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Story records can be copied to the campaign notes list, and vice versa.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Racial traits and class features added to PC sheet when dropped from a class containing that data (such as official Paizo material).
[PFRPG/3.5E] Favored class and skill ranks tracking per class in the PC class detail window.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Additional class detail fields added to class records. (Type, Hit Die, BAB, Saves, Skill Ranks, Class Skills)
[CoreRPG+] Lag when editing story records while campaign story list open and lots of story records loaded. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Story templates which generated links to modules named with an ampersand would create incorrect links. Fixed.
[5E] Race and background records could be incorrectly dropped on the PC classes detail window. Fixed.
[4E] Script error when creating new feat or power record. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
March 8th, 2017, 01:43
Data Updates (from Zacchaeus)

[5E][PHB/DMG] Thanks to Lokiare's link checking extension prototype, identified and fixed broken links.
[5E][DMG] Replaced the weapon of warning link in Magic Item Table I to point to a table and created the new table Weapon of Warning.
[5E][PHB/DMG] Cleaned up a few typos reported on the forums.

JPG

Moon Wizard
March 8th, 2017, 01:55
SW Updates (from Ikael)

[SW] Sanity derived stat not calculating correctly when using Horror Companion. Fixed.
[SW] In weapon sheet range, rof, shots and minstr fields are no longer displayed for Melee type weapons.
[SW] NPC and vehicle sheets from modules display read-only icon.
[SW] Rolling power from CT entry displayed "Unskilled" even if character had the skill. Fixed.
[SW] CT didn't check Deadlands: Reloaded human abilities correctly. Fixed.

JPG

Allmight
March 8th, 2017, 10:53
Great work, as usual, JPG.

Love that you keep adding support for more automated functionality to the Pathfinder character sheet.

However, i am a bit split about new updates on the test version. On one hand, i love the new functionality, on the other, this means that the PF release still is not as imminent as one would have hoped :(

Anyhow, keep up the good work. :)

drvolk
March 8th, 2017, 12:11
Updates

[PFRPG/3.5E] Racial traits and class features added to PC sheet when dropped from a class containing that data (such as official Paizo material).
[PFRPG/3.5E] Favored class and skill ranks tracking per class in the PC class detail window.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Additional class detail fields added to class records. (Type, Hit Die, BAB, Saves, Skill Ranks, Class Skills)

JPG

Thank you so much!!!

:o

dellanx
March 8th, 2017, 12:50
Awesome really looking forward to this. When is the ETA on this update?

Zacchaeus
March 8th, 2017, 15:49
Awesome really looking forward to this. When is the ETA on this update?

Soon :)

dellanx
March 8th, 2017, 16:35

Nice!

dulux-oz
March 9th, 2017, 00:47

You forgot the "(TM)" :p

Zacchaeus
March 9th, 2017, 09:48
You forgot the "(TM)" :p

I didn't; I just don't know how to insert such a thing :)

dulux-oz
March 9th, 2017, 10:11
I didn't; I just don't know how to insert such a thing :)

Try this - "&#" followed immediately by "8482;" (without the quotes)

Soon™

Nickademus
March 9th, 2017, 11:04
Did you look that up, or do you have it memorized from managing all your extensions. :P

dulux-oz
March 9th, 2017, 11:41
Did you look that up, or do you have it memorized from managing all your extensions. :P

A little from Column A, a little from Column B... :p

Trenloe
March 9th, 2017, 15:52
He has it written on a PostIt™ note stuck to his monitor - right next to all of his passwords. ;)

LordEntrails
March 9th, 2017, 20:43
He has it written on a PostIt™ note stuck to his monitor - right next to all of his passwords. ;)
No, I'm sure he's security conscious, the post it is stuck to the bottom of his keyboard!

Nickademus
March 9th, 2017, 21:08
That's... a good idea...

Allmight
March 9th, 2017, 21:13
No, I'm sure he's security conscious, the post it is stuck to the bottom of his keyboard!

Damn, i think i have to rethink my security measures. Thought i was clever hiding my passwords under the keyboard.

ddavison
March 9th, 2017, 21:20
They told me at computer school that I needed a salt, so I keep a container next to the keyboard and sprinkle it over top whenever I type in my super secret password.

LordEntrails
March 9th, 2017, 22:49
They told me at computer school that I needed a salt, so I keep a container next to the keyboard and sprinkle it over top whenever I type in my super secret password.
Why is it always salt? Why not pepper?

Allmight
March 9th, 2017, 23:08
Why is it always salt? Why not pepper?

Might have to do with how most people react to pepper. But that's the genious part with pepper, the added security over salt.

ddavison
March 9th, 2017, 23:12
The downside to either approach is that when you turn the keyboard over to find your secret password, all the salt falls out.

Allmight
March 9th, 2017, 23:15
The downside to either approach is that when you turn the keyboard over to find your secret password, all the salt falls out.

True, but on the posetive side, i will know if someone else have peeked at my passwords.

Oh, and if using pepper i might even be able to track him down if he is closeby.

dulux-oz
March 10th, 2017, 00:56
You're all wrong - its paprika, not salt or pepper.

(Or is it cinnamon? :confused: )

Moon Wizard
March 14th, 2017, 04:40
Updates

[PFRPG/3.5E] Increase default class record size.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Added handling of prestige class spell class level increase.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Added sorting to favored class selection.
[CoreRPG+] Unable to edit items within PC inventory in Manage Characters mode. Fixed.
[4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Script error when opening mini sheet in Manage Characters mode. Fixed.
[5E] All NPC special ability effects disabled when taking regeneration disabling damage. Regeneration effects with disabling damage types moved to their own effect line in CT.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Skill ranks not calculating correctly when levelling by dropping class onto PC. Fixed.

Data Updates

[SW] The Flood data fixes (Strange Locales typo, broken link)
[SW] Grim Prairie Trails data fix (Broken link)

JPG

Moon Wizard
March 14th, 2017, 04:43
Updates (from Ikael)

Deadlands Reloaded

Improvements to Power sheet
Defeated Marker feature added to Humans and Critters
Human sheets from modules display read-only icon
[Bug] Human was not included into default sidebar set
[Bug] Cannot award fate chips from character selection screen
[Bug] Combat Tracker propted soak button for NPC although it doesn't work
[Bug] Combat Tracker script errors
[Bug] Chase Tracker visual issues

Also, he performed some clean up of the code for a number of extensions as he is reviewing the SW DLC.

Cheers,
JPG

dulux-oz
March 14th, 2017, 04:47
Well done Moon & Ikael :)

Moon Wizard
March 14th, 2017, 18:25
Updates

[PFRPG/3.5E] Minor adjustments to class feature duplicate combining logic to handle more cases.
[CoreRPG+] Story navigation index button would incorrectly use story record names without parentheses. (i.e. "Index" instead of "(Index)") Fixed.</li>

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 20th, 2017, 20:25
Updates (from Ikael)

Not sure how many of these were already announced, but grabbed the latest version from the ruleset and extension.

SW Ruleset

Improvements to campaign records
GM Tools window can be resized
Card Deck and Bennies tool can be added to desktop by right clicking on it and selecting "Add to Desktop"
In weapon sheet range, rof, shots and minstr fields are not showed for Melee typed weapon
NPC and vehicle sheets from modules display read-only icon
Improvements to /version command
Improvements to library windows
New filter options for sidebar Edges, Hindrances and Skills
Races, Skills, Powers, Edges, Hindrances, etc. records can be shared with right click menu option
[Bug] Rolling power from CT entry displayed "Unskilled" even if character had the skill
[Bug] CT didn't check Deadlands: Reloaded human abilities correctly
[Bug] Library equipment list had massive height
[Bug] Library equipment list did not display notes properly
[Bug] Skills, Edges, Hindrances etc. could not be added to sheet by dragging from link inside the record
[Bug] Bonuslist's label was not updated when source name changed

Deadlands Reloaded

Improvements to Power sheet
Defeated Marker feature added to Humans and Critters
Human sheets from modules display read-only icon
[Bug] Poker Table: Player could not see their own cards
[Bug] Poker Table: Player could not reserve seat
[Bug] Poker Table: Player could not switch seat
[Bug] Poker Table: Player could fold
[Bug] Poker Table: Option "Hide player cards when private" was not respected
[Bug] Human was not included into default sidebar set
[Bug] Cannot award fate chips from character selection screen
[Bug] Combat Tracker propted soak button for NPC although it doesn't work
[Bug] Combat Tracker script errors
[Bug] Chase Tracker visual issues

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 20th, 2017, 20:27
Also, I've been working on a new internal process for pushing products into our update system, which will trigger FG to re-download products as the way files are built is slightly different. I'm mostly using for SW for now, and limiting to beta version prior to v3.3.0 release.

Just a heads up for those on the Test channel wondering why they are getting update notifications.

Regards,
JPG

drvolk
March 23rd, 2017, 07:29
I get this error when i try to open a template link within PFRPG 3.3.0 from the "Advanced Bestiary" module in "Templates (A-Z)" or "Templates by CR Adjustment":

"Runetimer Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (template.id-00018@Advanced Bestiary)"

ddavison
March 23rd, 2017, 15:12
I get this error when i try to open a template link within PFRPG 3.3.0 from the "Advanced Bestiary" module in "Templates (A-Z)" or "Templates by CR Adjustment":

"Runetimer Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (template.id-00018@Advanced Bestiary)"

I just tested locally and didn't see any errors. Make sure that you have the Advanced Bestiary extension activated still for your campaign. The extension adds the Template button, the NPC factory button on the Templates window and adds the window class for the templates.

drvolk
March 23rd, 2017, 16:04
Shame on me! The extension was not activated on my campaign ... (i did not realize that there was also an extension delivered with the module i bought)

Thank you very much!

Moon Wizard
March 24th, 2017, 04:27
Just a heads up that I'm continuing the migration to our new internal process. I've migrated our entire DLC library except for the WOTC products which I will be doing over the next day or so.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 24th, 2017, 23:40
SW Updates (from Ikael)

Improvements to Vehicle sheet
Power attack roll results in chat display link to power sheet
Improvements to power range attack; touch and smarts ranges supported

JPG

dulux-oz
March 25th, 2017, 01:08
Any idea on an ETA yet, Moon?

Nylanfs
March 25th, 2017, 15:05
I'm betting Soon (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealSoonNow)

Moon Wizard
March 25th, 2017, 18:40
V3.3.0 will be released with the Pathfinder launch. However, we are waiting on a couple things from Paizo before we can finalize the Pathfinder launch. No specific ETA yet.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 28th, 2017, 03:46
Updates

[4E] Missing template errors when opening certain reference records. Fixed.
[DEV][4E] Adjusted weapon lists and reference item fields to accept cost field as string or number. Editable item records must still be strings.
[PFRPG] Turn Undead feat name incorrect. Fixed.

JPG

viresanimi
March 28th, 2017, 09:44
Yesterday I ran into an issue in Mutants and Masterminds, which I believe is connected to the test version.

My players couldn't open the Heroes Handbook module. The "book" you open to do so, was simply not there. It was missing. The module was shared on my end and we tried everything we could, but alas... Nothing worked.

Vires Animi

Trenloe
March 28th, 2017, 14:04
Yesterday I ran into an issue in Mutants and Masterminds, which I believe is connected to the test version.
Was everyone (GM and Players) on the test version - i.e. all of their clients were running on test and showing v3.3.0?

JohnD
March 28th, 2017, 18:02
Pretty sure you can't connect to 3.3.0 from a 3.2.x client.

Trenloe
March 28th, 2017, 18:18
Pretty sure you can't connect to 3.3.0 from a 3.2.x client.
Maybe, but it's good to verify that everyone was on the exact same version. And also running test - not dev. It was a valid question.

Moon Wizard
March 28th, 2017, 22:22
I just tried on my dev system, and it was working. Could you load the M&M Heroes Handbook on the GM side on your machine?

This is the one that ultimately matters, since the GM transmits to the players.

You could also try to get them to nuke their cache (on the Join Game screen in the launcher), and try again.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 28th, 2017, 22:26
CoC 7E Updates (from IanWard and Damned)

Small fix to auto create status if doesn't exist
Added move modifier for PCs where character's move is not what it should be (e.g. character is lame). Ctrl ms-wheel over move to increase and decrease modifier.
Made luck spending a game option
Fixed front page Dodge calculation at start and when DEX changed.
Fixed Lang- Own calculation when EDU changes.

JPG

viresanimi
March 28th, 2017, 23:58
So I got one of the guys on, to test this some more.

Both running M&M with no extensions in 3.3 test version. Cache cleared and the Heroes Handbook is NOT available for the player to load. The book you need to open in the activation window is missing. The Icon for the module was visible but sort of greyed out, with the "spiderweb" marker in the bottom left corner visible. As if I had shared an image. Same marker.

Funnily enough the Star Wars EotE library module (which loads up for pretty much anything) was available and could be loaded by the player. I had him stream his screen over skype and I can verify all the above.

Something is up with the Heroes Handbook Module I guess.

Vires Animi

Andraax
March 29th, 2017, 00:12
Do you have the Heroes Handbook marked with a green check on the GM's side?

Trenloe
March 29th, 2017, 00:15
What happens if the player double clicks library image in the module activation screen?

Ask the player to check their cache for the campaign and see if a .dat file with the module name has been created and how big it is.

viresanimi
March 29th, 2017, 02:21
Yes Andrax. I do not miss such things. I am just very good at breaking this ruleset in every test build.

I haven't had my tester double click the module icon. Never heard that that would activate it. As I mentioned the icon for the module was semi transparent / greyed out. Somehow I very much doubt it will work.

EDIT: I pestered my tester to look at it again. No luck on the double clicking. It works fine for localhost but something is preventing players from activating it. The campaign.dat fil is there now. 4.7mgs which seems oddly much. Can that be due to a shared image?

EDIT 2: I think I have cracked the issue.

Just to test things even further, I tried in a new campaign and then it worked fine. Through trial and error I think what happened to cause the problem in the first place is that I must have accidently tried to force load the campaign, by grabbing the "force load" button instead of the "allow" button. This ruleset still has the button for that, even though that is clearly not supported by FG anymore.
By closing the module. and using the "Block" option, then reapplying the "Allow" option and opening the module... voila... the module is activated for the players.

Perhaps the force load option should be removed?

Well. That was nice and obscure.

Thanks for the advice.

Moon Wizard
March 29th, 2017, 17:39
CoC 7E Updates (from IanWard and Damned)

Fixed chat window language support.
Added link from weapons to base skill so automatically updated.
Added Pulp Cthulhu support.

JPG

Moon Wizard
April 1st, 2017, 04:50
Notes
The caching algorithm for player cache data has changed. If you revert to Live to join a game, you will need to nuke your cache, or you will get errors.

Updates

[CoreRPG+] The story navigation buttons will recognize (Index) or (Contents) story names in a case insensitive way.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Numerical option added to VULN effect.
[PFRPG/3.5E/d20M] Added Skip option to On/Off button for combat tracker effects.
[PFRPG] Implemented regeneration disabling when appropriate damage taken.
[DEV] The module name would incorrectly be appended to URL links in modules. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

poobah_1
April 3rd, 2017, 16:12
You might want to check out the options for hiding dice rolls.

I was testing out the 3.3.0 beta and it seemed like the players would have been able to see when the NPC were rolling spell saving throws from the combat tracker to targetted PC's.

I do remember that as not happening in the past, but I cannot point to the exact version. So either I have a setting wrong, or somewhere along the way, they element got pear-shaped.

Poobah

lostsanityreturned
April 3rd, 2017, 20:53

I was testing out the 3.3.0 beta and it seemed like the players would have been able to see when the NPC were rolling spell saving throws from the combat tracker to targetted PC's.

I do remember that as not happening in the past, but I cannot point to the exact version. So either I have a setting wrong, or somewhere along the way, they element got pear-shaped.

Poobah
They should be able to shouldn't they?
It is their character doing the rolling technically, not the npc.

Nickademus
April 3rd, 2017, 21:29
No, it's actually the GM doing the rolling. The GM's dice are used and only the GM sees the results. This is akin to a GM rolling behind the screen in a live game. Even though the character is making the save, a GM has the right to roll instead of a player (especially to hide the fact that a save is being made).

It was hidden previously; I use hidden saves quite a bit and have never had a player indicate that they knew they were making a save.

poobah_1
April 3rd, 2017, 23:13
No, it's actually the GM doing the rolling. The GM's dice are used and only the GM sees the results. This is akin to a GM rolling behind the screen in a live game. Even though the character is making the save, a GM has the right to roll instead of a player (especially to hide the fact that a save is being made).

It was hidden previously; I use hidden saves quite a bit and have never had a player indicate that they knew they were making a save.

Very true John,

In my games, the DM rolls the saves for the NPC's spells. If not, it's too easy for players to then see the rolls and then discern the level of the caster they are facing. Meta-game issues can arise from the information disclosed. While this debate could be carried on endlessly on another forum, I for one, would prefer to describe the events happening to the players instead of announcing to the players .... "Make a DC 19 Dexterity Saving Throw vs. a spell". too much information is being disclosed....

Can you confirm the bug/error John? In 5e, try to have an NPC target a group of PC's and then roll the spell save from the Combat tracker. My players can see the rolls, can yours?

PooBah

poobah_1
April 3rd, 2017, 23:13
sorry, not John, I confused the Avatar.....

JohnD
April 4th, 2017, 05:52
Speaking of 3.3.0... it fixes the extremely annoying issue of token placement on maps and facing status being completely messed up upon closing FG and then restarting it. Essentially you have to take a screenshot of your map before you close to use as a reference for the next time you launch FG and find yourself re-populating 85% of your tokens.

When 3.3.0 used to be 3.2.4 I was able to use it to address this nice little undocumented feature, but since 3.2.4 was changed to 3.3.0 nobody can connect unless they are also 3.3.0... which then screws up my players for other games they play in. Is there any way to hot fix a small patch to address this issue if 3.3.0 itself is going to be in a longer holding pattern as seems likely?

Zacchaeus
April 4th, 2017, 11:00

Poobah

Yes, I can replicate this. Whatever options are chosen (hide GM dice rolls/show results to clients) the complete saving throw information is showing on the players side including the save being made, the DC and the result. Additionally the actual dice is showing rolling around rather than just a shadow dice.

Andraax
April 4th, 2017, 13:14
Speaking of 3.3.0... it fixes the extremely annoying issue of token placement on maps and facing status being completely messed up upon closing FG and then restarting it. Essentially you have to take a screenshot of your map before you close to use as a reference for the next time you launch FG and find yourself re-populating 85% of your tokens.

You know, I run plenty of games on 3.2.4 - Castles and Crusades - and have never seen this happen. Is it a 5E thing?

JohnD
April 4th, 2017, 19:14
You know, I run plenty of games on 3.2.4 - Castles and Crusades - and have never seen this happen. Is it a 5E thing?

I'd say yes but have noticed it in Rolemaster as well.

spite
April 5th, 2017, 03:01
4e Items button and opening items from the parsed items.

It's currently still broken on test. Opening the "base' items like longsword, for example results in https://puu.sh/v9E4W/e157775768.jpg, with a blank item window, if opened from the button on the right. Opening it from the library works correctly, however.
Magic items DO open correctly from the button on the right, though. It's only the base items that have this issue.

jedorian
April 5th, 2017, 23:06
Just breezing through the upcoming changes and additions. This stuff looks great. I am consistently impressed by how this company works so hard to keep making this product so deliciously good. I cheered when I saw that regeneration will now automatically cease after the appropriate damage is applied (for Pathfinder users, that is). Moon, you amazing fellow, thank you so much for all your hard work.

JohnD
April 6th, 2017, 04:54

When 3.3.0 used to be 3.2.4 I was able to use it to address this nice little undocumented feature, but since 3.2.4 was changed to 3.3.0 nobody can connect unless they are also 3.3.0... which then screws up my players for other games they play in. Is there any way to hot fix a small patch to address this issue if 3.3.0 itself is going to be in a longer holding pattern as seems likely?

I noticed something tonight in my Rolemaster game. When I open the map as GM, if tokens are "missing" (but the square they are/were in still shows as linked to the CT), I have to drag tokens to the map again.

At this point, when players report they cannot see the tokens, they can however see the squares the tokens should be in because they do get the shading indicating linkage back to the CT.

To get the tokens to show up player side, all I have to do is rotate them one position and then they show up, each token "missing" needs to be rotated in this manner individually.

I had recently reported this issue and one of the Devs verified the issue, and it is fixed in what is now 3.3.0... which would be great if 3.3.0 was still 3.2.4.

Andraax
April 6th, 2017, 22:20
[CnC] Race and class records did not provide a lock button, or allow the name to be edited. Fixed.

Finally got around to playing with this. While I can now unlock and edit the custom "class" records to rename them, and I can drag and drop custom "abilities" I've created within a character sheet onto the class record, if I export class records those abilities all show up "blank" - the contents of the abilities do not export.

Moon Wizard
April 10th, 2017, 08:03
Just testing the 5E saving throw issue reported where players can see all saving throws.

If the saving throw is made by a PC that the player owns, then the rolls are shown on that PC machine. This is expected behavior at this point, since the PC is making the save.

I can verify that the save result is displayed on the player message if the Show GM Rolls is enabled, regardless of the show results option. Since the show results option was originally written for attack/damage, I don't think it was ever added. I'll see if I can update the show results option to work with saving throws.

Regards,
JPG

Talyn
April 10th, 2017, 15:22
Finally got around to playing with this. While I can now unlock and edit the custom "class" records to rename them, and I can drag and drop custom "abilities" I've created within a character sheet onto the class record, if I export class records those abilities all show up "blank" - the contents of the abilities do not export.

Hmm... I never export so I didn't even consider this. My NPCs in the U1 remaster have "ability" links just like PCs do. I was hoping to get feedback on that once it goes live in the store (or is it already? we don't get notified of such things) but I highly suspect those would not export to a custom campaign... Dammit.

Moon Wizard
April 11th, 2017, 17:05
The ability links should still export, as long as the ability records are exported at the same time. I'm assuming they are custom story records you created, and dropped a link in the race record description field.

Regards,
JPG

Andraax
April 11th, 2017, 17:32
The ability links should still export, as long as the ability records are exported at the same time. I'm assuming they are custom story records you created, and dropped a link in the race record description field.

I created abilities records on a PC sheet (I don't know of any other way to create them...) Then I dragged and dropped them onto a class record. When I view them in the original campaign, they are fine.

Then I exported "Classes" to a module. In another campaign, I open the module. When I open the module in that new campaign and click on a link in the class, it comes up blank.

Original Campaign: 18509
New Campaign: 18510

Also, I just noticed that image links in class records do not export, either.

Moon Wizard
April 11th, 2017, 18:33
Yeah, they won't export from a PC sheet.

Links within formatted text fields do not chain export on purpose, as it would become very messy quickly and you would never be able to limit exports effectively. And in this case, I would be worried about data integrity, since you would be exporting information into the PC sheet space in the module.

You would have to include abilities as a story entry for now (and export that way), until someone gets a chance to build out abilities as a separately tracked list in the race/class records.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
April 11th, 2017, 19:21
[QUOTE=Moon Wizard;331894...
You would have to include abilities as a story entry for now (and export that way), until someone gets a chance to build out abilities as a separately tracked list in the race/class records.
...[/QUOTE]
You say that as if you aren't that someone *G* (Though maybe Doug does do some real work on occasion :)! )

Moon Wizard
April 11th, 2017, 19:32
Lol. Just more an acknowledgement that updating the race records for CnC isn't on my radar right now, and there's not an official developer. So, it's going to be quite a while unless someone else steps up to take over CnC.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
April 11th, 2017, 22:31
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Player module output option added to module Export window.
[CoreRPG+] Reference manual window supports searching for multiple words in any order.
[5E] Max damage option added to modifier window.
[5E] Ritual filter added to campaign spells list.
[5E] Save rolls will provide result text that displays origin actor and will respect results display option.
[4E] Target defense added to targeted attack notification.
[4E] Heavy armor check box and skill check penalty will be adjusted when equipping or unequipping armor.
[CoreRPG+] Story navigation missing after loading module and accessing story through library window, instead of campaign story list. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] In campaign lists, if 101 records in list, the second page was not displayed as expected. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Token decorations (health bars, effect icons, ...) would sometimes not appear for players on image load. Fix attempted.
[PFRPG/3.5E/d20M] Added Skip option to On/Off button for combat tracker effects.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Natural armor AC effects not taking into consideration existing natural armor bonuses for PCs. Fixed.
[DEV][CoreRPG+] ImageManager script added to handle common image-token script interactions, and to address sporadic missing token decorations for players.
[DEV] Module - Added player output parameter to export function

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
April 11th, 2017, 22:32
As a quick note, we're planning to release v3.3.0 on Thursday, whether or not the Paizo material is ready for launch.

This will be the last updates unless a bug is found in the next couple days.

Regards,
JPG

Talyn
April 11th, 2017, 22:46

Regards,
JPG

The other guys answered their methods, but for my NPCs in U1 Remaster... nope! I created <abilities> just like PCs use, and linked from there to the NPC sheet instead of writing an essay on the NPC sheet.

Mortar
April 12th, 2017, 00:51
Lol. Just more an acknowledgement that updating the race records for CnC isn't on my radar right now, and there's not an official developer. So, it's going to be quite a while unless someone else steps up to take over CnC.

Cheers,
JPG

I'd be all over that once I improve my badly lacking LUA skills.

JohnD
April 12th, 2017, 01:32
As a quick note, we're planning to release v3.3.0 on Thursday, whether or not the Paizo material is ready for launch.

Regards,
JPG

Yay Thursday.

Moon Wizard
April 12th, 2017, 17:08
Updates

[CoreRPG+] When adding encounters that specify tokens which are not available, the encounter add fails and generates script error. Fixed.
[5E][EXAMPLE] Updated tokens to use generic versions in case user had not entered user name in Settings yet to get 5E versions.

JPG

Moon Wizard
April 12th, 2017, 19:14
Updates

Module tokens used within module data records were doubled if token file names used uppercase letters (only within vault). Fixed.

JPG

Talyn
April 12th, 2017, 21:46

Regards,
JPG

Lost my bet on this, I thought for sure someone would come along and start screaming "PATHFINDER THURSDAY! CONFIRMED!" when you said nothing of the sort...

LordEntrails
April 12th, 2017, 22:27
Lost my bet on this, I thought for sure someone would come along and start screaming "PATHFINDER THURSDAY! CONFIRMED!" when you said nothing of the sort...
Pathfinder on FG this Thursday? That's great news! So excited!!!!

Nickademus
April 12th, 2017, 23:12

I'm actually surprised at the reading comprehension and levelheadedness of this forum community.

viresanimi
April 13th, 2017, 01:18
"For each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction".

I guess this forum is the reaction to all the "friendly online comments" that one can find on the interwebs...

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2017, 08:03
v3.3.0 has been pushed live, and I'm closing thread. If you have any further reports, please add a new thread to House of Healing.

Thanks,
JPG