PDA

View Full Version : Racial Proficiency Causing Skill Choice List to Pop Up When added to CS

claedawg
February 4th, 2017, 23:34
I have created a new race for a custom campaign and when I add the race to the character sheet it is popping up the Skill Choice list like when you add a class. I think the following verbiage for one the traits is causing it. Would I be correct in that assumption? Is there a better way to word it so as not to cause the pop up?

You gain proficiency with the artisan’s tools of your choice: jeweller’s tools, mason’s tools, miner’s tools, smith’s tools, or woodcarver’s tools. You also gain proficiency in one musical instrument of your choice.

Zacchaeus
February 5th, 2017, 00:07
Why do you not want the choice box to pop up when there is a choice available?

Nickademus
February 5th, 2017, 00:09
What choices is it giving you?

claedawg
February 5th, 2017, 00:10
It was popping up the skills and not the tools. I found out what the issue was. I was using the Human race as a template and forgot to delete the Skills trait :confused:

claedawg
February 5th, 2017, 00:13
Why do you not want the choice box to pop up when there is a choice available?

That would be great if it would do the Tools as skills, but the system is not preprogrammed that way that I am aware of...:(

Nevermind, I figured out how to get it to do that too :)

Tielc
May 12th, 2018, 15:58
That would be great if it would do the Tools as skills, but the system is not preprogrammed that way that I am aware of...:(

Nevermind, I figured out how to get it to do that too :)

Can you explain how to get it to add proficiency from racial bonuses? Does this work for more than tools, can you make it work for weapons and armor? It's strange that it works for Class and Background, but not Race.

Zacchaeus
May 12th, 2018, 16:39
The only thing which updates via drag and drop as far as proficiency is concerned are skills. You can get any race, class or background with the correct wording to apply proficiency to a skill. Tools proficiency is not something that can really be automated since there are no specific rules as to which ability the character uses when operating such tools. This is something which is left to the DM to decide when the character uses the tools for whatever purpose.

Nothing in any class, race or background affects any other proficiency such as those with weapons or armour. All that happens is a note is placed in the abilities tab of what proficiencies the character has.

Fantasy Grounds assumes proficiency in all cases where weapon and armour are equipped by the character. This is the default state. If a character equips armour or weapons with which they are not proficient then the player would need to adjust the character sheet either in the armour calculation meta data or in the weapon line on the actions tab by clicking the yellow star to indicate that they are using a weapon or armour for which they have no proficiency.