PDA

View Full Version : Help With Port 1802?

TGIDragonfly
February 4th, 2017, 21:50
Hey all!

I just purchased Fantasy Grounds (the Deluxe Version). It looks great, but when my wife tried to connect to my game she couldn't. :cry:

I suspect it has something to do with my Firewall (since I ran the connection test and received a "failure" notification), but I can't figure out how to reconfigure my Firewall. My computer uses Windows Defender. (It's a Surface Pro.)

Can you all help?

All the best,

Dragonfly

Zacchaeus
February 4th, 2017, 22:13
Hi TGI welcome to FG and to the community.

You will need to make sure that your Firewall alos lets FG see through it as well as configuring Port 1802 on your router and any other device that sits between you and the internet. Additionally if you are on a wireless network you'll need to make sure that your router knows to direct traffic from it to your computer. Now, you say your wife can't connect and I am assuming here that your wife is in the same location that you are. If so then you can connect via a LAN but FG still needs to have internet access for that to happen.

There's many other possible problems and there's some information here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=networking#faq_networking_1).

If none of that helps post back with some details of what you have tried. More expertise may well be available soon (in the shape os someone who knows more about this than I do - so stay tuned).

LordEntrails
February 4th, 2017, 22:16
Welcome to the community!

Are you both on the same network? Then all she should need to do is use the internal IP to connect. If that didn't work...

One of the guru's will be along shortly to give you more thorough info, but until then...
It could be the firewall on your PC.
Is your network set to Private?
Does the Connection Test work (not needed if you are on the same network).

damned
February 5th, 2017, 00:00
hey TGIDragonfly

When connecting a Client session to the GM session -

On the same computer you use address localhost.
On another computer on the same LAN you use the GMs Internal IP Address.
When remote you use the Public IP Address or Alias.
When using Hamachi you connect to the GMs Hamachi IP Address.

FG will normally make the right exceptions to the Windows Firewall - but not always.
You can also try adding a new Firewall Port rule to Incoming TCP 1802 connections from all networks.

And lastly - for people connecting from outside your network - run the Connect Test on the GM Computer - if it fails we will need to look at your router setup.
Sometimes UPnP works and you dont need to manually change anything.
Sometimes you will need to manually do a TCP Port Forwward of 1802 to your computers LAN address on TCP 1802
If you have two routers (you might think one is only a modem or one is only a Wifi but its possible they are both doing NAT) you will likley have to forward the first (the one closest to the internet) to the second and the second (the one you are actually connected to) to your computers IP...

Start from the start and if you get stuck post back here.