PDA

View Full Version : ActionsManager registerResultHandler not being called

BluHornet
February 4th, 2017, 02:09
I am working on implementation of a dice mechanic. All works well if the dice are dragged onto the chat window but if the /die command is used there is no result. I also have a function assigned to ActionsManager.registerModHandler which is being called through both methods. The fustrating part is that it was working yesterday great but I am trying to add another layer and it just stopped working. I used Debug.chat(rRoll) at the end of the ModHandler and the output is identical between a dropped die and a command line die. Was something changed in the patch today?? I did delete and redownload the CoreRPG.pak just to be sure.

Trenloe
February 4th, 2017, 03:36
Welcome to the forums BluHornet

I suppose it's possible something in the patch might have an impact, but hard to say as the patch was supposed to just be for a licensing issue.

Maybe you could give more info on what you're doing - perhaps provide some example code or the extension/ruleset you're working on so we can test?

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2017, 05:39
If you use the /die command, it will always roll a "dice" type of roll. If you drag and drop the dice, it will use the type specified in the code originating the roll.

Nothing in the patch changed the ActionsManager script (or much of anything, since it was a very limited patch).

Regards,
JPG

BluHornet
February 4th, 2017, 15:37
Sorry for your time... It was an error in my script. It took a few hours but it is all straightened out now. Sorry again for bugging you.

Trenloe
February 4th, 2017, 17:20
Sorry for your time... It was an error in my script. It took a few hours but it is all straightened out now. Sorry again for bugging you.
No worries. Glad you got it fixed. Sometimes us coders need to bounce stuff off others just to get us thinking differently and seeing what's going on. I very often "can't see the wood for the trees" and need to step back. Don't be afraid to ask for assistance or post questions!

damned
February 5th, 2017, 01:57
I often see people posting their issue after spending ages on it and then 3 mins later posting the fix :)
It doesnt usually work for me though...!