View Full Version : D&D 5E Mondays 6PM CST - Looking for Players New to DnD

seannachie
February 4th, 2017, 01:13
FG License: I have an Ultimate license.
Game System: 5E

Time Zone: CST, USA
Day of Week and Time: Monday 6PM - 9PM
Planned Start Date: 2//17
Planned Duration & Frequency: Roughly 3 hour sessions. I also use Slack for in between session communication and occasional PBP.

Text or Voice: Text. May move to voice at a later time at the group's discretion.

Roleplay & Combat Mix: 60/40
Number of Players in Game & Needed: 3-4 players
Character Starting Level & Equipment: 1st level, point buy (27pt)
Character Restrictions: To be discussed.

Details:

So...a short while back I had set up a game for Saturday evenings. Unfortunately a number of real life events came up and things fell apart before the game had a chance to really get going. That being said, I've decided to try again, this time shooting for Monday evenings for slightly shorter sessions. Bad things don't happen on Mondays, except at work, right? Right.

I have been playing DnD since 1E; so no, I'm not a young man (although I'm not really old either). I am hoping to help others get into gaming and creating some fond memories for later in life, as others have done for me. I would like to run some published material simply to save myself some prep time for now. Most official material is set in FR, but I could just as easily shift something into Greyhawk, Eberron, Athas, Spelljammer (somehow? lol), Planescape (again, somehow?), or whatever. Anyway, I was thinking of Lost Mine of Phandelver - good starting point for most new groups and easily adaptable. Or perhaps Ravenloft, another good one, although it's pretty setting specific obviously.

But none of that detail info is overly important at this point. Our overall goal should be to have fun, no matter the setting. Sound good? Good. Any questions? Fire away!

bryk
February 4th, 2017, 13:09
I played 5E when it first came out both on Roll20 and in Person and have the books (DMG, MM, PHB, Hoard and Tiamat) (I DMed for almost two years), and would like to try Fantasy Grounds. Currently I don't have a license, so I'm looking to try it with the demo to see if I want to get a full Ultimate myself. I would have to re-read rules etc, since I started when it was D&D Next (in beta mode), and played only a few more months after release and haven't touched it since. Willing to play any class/race needed to fit in to give it a try. I'd prefer Ravenloft as I ran some Lost Mine, but I'd play either.

Time works for me pretty well, 7-10PM Eastern. I own a 15 person Mumble server if voice chat is ever pursued.

Helvan Raptyr
February 4th, 2017, 13:57
I'd happily join if possible? Fairly new to a lot of it, so I need to start somewhere :)

flyers106
February 4th, 2017, 21:35
I would be interested for sure been playing d@d for 20 years just started on this site

driznuts
February 4th, 2017, 22:16
count me in if possible. i've not played 5e yet and have been spending most of my time DMing Pathfinder so it'd be nice to actually play for once. Plus i'm off on Mondays!

Blood n Whiskey
February 4th, 2017, 23:34
This time works out perfectly for me. I'd like to join in!

Also, I think it would be freakin' awesome if you could somehow work up a campaign in Athas.

seannachie
February 4th, 2017, 23:51
Thank you for the posts! I am in the process of contacting each of you via PM to get a bit more info, so bear with me please.

D564
February 5th, 2017, 21:09
i would love to play hit me up if you need anther i play in person alot :)