PDA

View Full Version : Alternating GMs?

Sumony
February 3rd, 2017, 21:37
I am looking to see if anyone would be up for running a weekly (or bi-weekly game) with me. Its hard to find a game as a player but GMs are always in demand. I would be happy to GM for someone (and a group) one week and then you would run your campaign the following week. This way we would take turns playing and GMing (I am envisioning two totally separate campaigns rather than one campaign being co-GMd).

The tricky part is I am a little limited in terms of days and times. Realistically it would have to be a weeknight (Mon-Thur) evening time PST (starting between 5-9 PST and ending by 12 am PST).

I can GM any edition of D&D or Pathfinder and would be happy to run any pre-written adventure path or campaign.

If anyone would be interested in this type of exchange please let me know!

damned
February 3rd, 2017, 21:47
Hi Sumony,
This is a good option and I would encourage others to try this out too.
We do this in my group on alternating Saturdays and sometimes a third person will even take over one of the sessions for a while and its quite common for someone to run something if the regular GM cant make it that week.
It reduces the load on the GM considerably and if you are a player its a great opportunity to ease yoursely around to the other side of the table and try one of those amazing stories that are always bouncing around inside your head...

JohnD
February 3rd, 2017, 22:09
Yeah this is a really good idea. Disperse the load across more than one person... great if/when you can get it as a DM.

Sumony
February 10th, 2017, 23:39
Just bumping this periodically to increase the chance that someone sees it and is interested

damned
February 10th, 2017, 23:58
Cmon players. Help each other out and take turns on the other side of the table!

Wookiee420
February 11th, 2017, 00:20
I'd be down to try to figure this out, i DM like 3 games ATM and would love more playtime

Daemini
February 11th, 2017, 14:13
I'd be interested, but not in rotating weeks. I would rather rotate DMs on story arcs, rather then every week.

damned
February 11th, 2017, 14:38
Playing 2-6 week mini campaigns is probably easiest for continuity.
Or you can have two campaigns going on alternate weeks and when one finishes another starts.
A really rookie GM might opt to just start with a single session adventure the first time.

SethChaos
March 11th, 2017, 03:03
Any GM here Willing To teach A New Guy

Hi I am jake from puerto rico i would like to join the group if you guys dont mind a new guy to 5e i used to play D&D at 2008 when i was active in the military i am 30 years old and i am retired so i have time to join you guys when ever would like to play with you guys today if possible thank you hope that you reply to me if possible PM me thank you