PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e Curse of Strahd Tuesdays 8:00 p.m. GMT+9 (Japan time zone)

spoofer
February 3rd, 2017, 08:18
I'm back! In the end, this slot did not work out for some of the players, so I am recruiting yet again.

FG License: Ultimate license (I provide everything; you just need to show up. But see below.)
Game System: 5e
Campaign: Storm King's Thunder

New players are welcome!!

Time Zone: GMT+9 (Japan)
Day of week and time: Tuesdays 8:00 p.m., for three hours. Weekly.
If new game, planned start date: This is a new campaign. We plan to start in two to three weeks.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Ideally, TeamSpeak, and if that fails, then Skype

Role play & Combat mix: 50/50. This is an estimation.
Number of Players in game & needed: I have three. I need one or two more players.
Character starting level & equipment: level 3, equipment is bought with standard rules.
Character restrictions: No evil, or non-helpful characters. Only PHB races and classes. No multiclass unless your levels are balanced in both classes. The campaign is tougher on non-human races, other than elves. But you are welcome to try it.
Not surprisingly, clerics really take stage center. However, you will need to go with one of the campaign dieties (which you choose in game).

I am fairly relaxed but don't enjoy rules lawyers or power gamers. I heavily reward light role playing. If you struggle with role playing even a little bit, then you might not enjoy this game. I have a few very special and different way of doing things, and few other requirements. We can worry about the details if you are interested.

Finally, I supply everything, but I ask my players to split the cost of the FG adventure module. (I always buy the hardcopy for preparing, and then I have to buy the FG version on top of that. I pass that cost on to the players.) So you will be asked for $10 after you join.

Please send a private message with the following:
Your real name
Confirmation that this time zone works for you
Whether or not you need a tutorial in FG
Whether or not you are new to 5E

New players are welcome. I just need to plan a training session for you.

Kevin

spoofer
February 3rd, 2017, 12:31
The campaign is wrong. We are planning to play the Curse of Strahd.

khavi
February 3rd, 2017, 14:43
I'm definitely interested if you're not full up yet. ;) I've been playing D&D for awhile now and am open to playing whatever class might help balance out the party.

spoofer
February 4th, 2017, 07:40
Khavi, Yup, one more. Send me a private message with your answers to my questions, plus your email address. Kevin

Genetex
February 4th, 2017, 13:48
Hi
I am living in Tokyo this is my first time to use Fantasy Grounds and am looking for a group.
I am willing to purchase Ultimate if needed.
The only problem is don't get home until 9:15 on Tuesdays.

spoofer
February 4th, 2017, 14:11
Genetex,

The group has several Australians. As Australia is one to two hours ahead of Japan, they are already ending the game quite late (1 p.m., or so). I really cannot push it back any further. Are you free from 8 p.m. on Sat. evenings? I might have an opening in a different group.

Kevin

Malfeous777
February 6th, 2017, 03:53
Hi there. I would be very interested in finding a group to play with. I have played 5 e and played different games all through my life. I am looking forward to playing some if you have room. Thanks

spoofer
February 6th, 2017, 10:39
Malfeous777, this one is fill. However, people drop out at the rate of one player every two to three months. I don't have a waiting list, but I would be glad to make one. Just send me a p.m. with the answers to the questions. You can be at the top of it. But does this time zone actually work for you?

K.

Malfeous777
February 6th, 2017, 12:46
I am est time zone so it works perfectly for me. I would like me to be put on top of the list then please
Thanks for the consideration

Genetex
February 6th, 2017, 12:48
Genetex,

The group has several Australians. As Australia is one to two hours ahead of Japan, they are already ending the game quite late (1 p.m., or so). I really cannot push it back any further. Are you free from 8 p.m. on Sat. evenings? I might have an opening in a different group.

Kevin

Thank you for your reply I don't think I could commit to Saturday evenings just too busy. I would be very interested in starting a Weekday group though or even Sunday nights. It's tough to join any group finishing work at 9pm ><

If you get enough interest... I mean

spoofer
February 17th, 2017, 01:04
One of the players quit after one session. I sent a private message to Malf a few days back, but I did not get a response. So back to recruiting...