PDA

View Full Version : How do I get Modules for 4E?

crankdawg47
February 2nd, 2017, 21:27
Looked on the store and found that there are no PHBs DMGs or MMs for 4E in the FG store. So I checked the actual software and found that nothing other than the base ruleset is built in. So, how would I go about getting modules for classes, items, monsters, etc.?

damned
February 2nd, 2017, 21:34
You need an Active DDI subscription and this thread.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17485-4E-Item-Parser

vodokar
February 2nd, 2017, 22:22
4e was pre-official licensing being awarded by WOTC and thus it was not allowed to sell or trade any manuals or modules. People made them for themselves, but weren't able to share.

The current agreement between Smitworks and WOTC only allows distribution of the current version of D&D.

As Damned stated, the workaround was having legal access to the material from WOTC and using a parser to convert them into modules; again, only for personal use.

crankdawg47
February 4th, 2017, 19:34
Ok, so I have to get the digital media from wotc and then parse it like I did my 5e PHB?

damned
February 5th, 2017, 00:23
Its completely different to Par5e. Check out that thread - if you have (and I think they re-opened DDI subscriber to new subscriptions) an active subscription Valeros has done the heavy lifting for you already.