Radeon Software Edition - Crimson
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1050 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 32 GB
CPU Type - AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor

First off I am brand spanking new to this and just trying out the program to see if this will help me speed up my RL desktop games (I am paying for the basic monthly fee) I have spent some time looking for my particular issue online and apologize for not finding appropriate work through.

When the program starts the images on the screen will disappear to black at most times and icons will become unclickable. When moving mouse around Images and buttons will reapear randomly. making it difficult to see entire screen at any given time. Over all very difficult to evaluate the program. At most times I can see very little of what is going on because the window is mostly blacked out. Originally I was running the Steam version, so I erased the program from my hard drive reloaded the Windows version, but that one wouldn't start up at all. I would get the little window that says update, settings, etc. It wouldnt start after hitting update button. So I went back to Steam. I tried running the as Administrator, no luck.

Not sure where to do from here, not sure what the program will even do. I actually am just looking for a program to help create my campaigns and generate characters.

Thank you for your time Ric

LordEntrails
February 2nd, 2017, 20:41
Hey Ric, welcome to the community.

Sorry you are having problems. I haven't heard of this problem before, but maybe another community member will jump in. But, it sounds like a graphics problem to me. So, first, if you have both onboard graphics and a graphics card, try running the program with the other one. Then I would try the following
- Make sure in FG you don't have the setting for "Cross-Platform Compatibility..." enabled
- disable anti-aliasing for FG in your graphics driver
- update your graphics driver
- install DirectX 9
- Lower the performance setting in your graphics driver (and otherwise take wild guesses!)

Let us know if any of that helps. Someone here will help get you sorted out. Hang in there.

JMoondog
February 2nd, 2017, 21:12
Got it working had to fiddle around with graphics , think I was a little overpowered. Turned off anti aliasing, and dumbed everything down in radeon settings. worked nice. Sweet!, now I can get to exploring.

Problem solved, and thank you.

Ric

LordEntrails
February 2nd, 2017, 21:38
Got it working had to fiddle around with graphics , think I was a little overpowered. Turned off anti aliasing, and dumbed everything down in radeon settings. worked nice. Sweet!, now I can get to exploring.

Problem solved, and thank you.

Ric
Good to hear. The current engine is a bit old and uses DirectX9 which isn't always well supported by the latest cards. There's a new engine in the works, but no official ETA yet (though I think everyone is hoping for GenCon in August).