PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.2.3 is live

Moon Wizard
February 2nd, 2017, 19:35
Fantasy Grounds v3.2.3 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This release is just a bug fix for a licensing issue that arose from the last version. It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Here is a link to the video walkthrough for newcomers to v3.2.x:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhYLoo1uoc

NOTE: If you are getting any errors when starting your campaigns, please make sure to get the latest version of any community rulesets or extensions that you may be using.

Please report any issues in this thread.

Cheers,
JPG

Pepor
February 2nd, 2017, 23:22
Hi there,

We have been discussing via Fantasy Grounds Discord, that, after the update 3.2.3, the dice tower doesn't show to the players in most of the rulesets. We have run several tests but anything works. Could please tell us something about it?

Thanks in advance.

Blackfoot
February 3rd, 2017, 01:31
There seems to be an issue with the dice tower in PFRPG with the latest version. It isn't appearing on the clients when set to ON by GM. Nor does it appear for the GM when show GM rolls is set to ON.

Andraax
February 3rd, 2017, 01:50
You still can't edit new class and race names (in C&C at least).

LordEntrails
February 3rd, 2017, 02:46
This build had no intended enhancements or changes except for resolving a license issue.

damned
February 3rd, 2017, 03:33

Yeah you can create new Races and Classes but the Name is not editable.
As LordEntrails points out though this update supposedly only made a change to a licensing bug but it does appear a few other things have crept in...

rob2e
February 3rd, 2017, 05:16
Any idea when (if) there will be exporting of PCs available. I ask for purposes of exporting PCs with modules so you can have pregens available like LMoP does.

Thoughts?

damned
February 3rd, 2017, 05:42
You can do it manually. There are about a dozen lines posted somewhere on these forums how to do it. Its not that hard.

rob2e
February 3rd, 2017, 05:58
You can do it manually. There are about a dozen lines posted somewhere on these forums how to do it. Its not that hard.

Yeah damned I found a posting where EYE asked that in November. I think I can do it, I just was hoping it was going to be part of the exporting (eventually)...

damned
February 3rd, 2017, 05:59
Yeah damned I found a posting where EYE asked that in November. I think I can do it, I just was hoping it was going to be part of the exporting (eventually)...

Lazy so and so.

rob2e
February 3rd, 2017, 06:01
Lazy so and so.

Less lazy, more interested in further technology! Muh hu ha ha haaaaaaaa...

daggerfortysix
February 3rd, 2017, 06:21
So, yes. The dice tower is not working in 3.2.3. And, none of my players could see their dice rolls.....

But, The Dawn Chasers by M.T. Black was fantastic tonight. A TPK was quite possible and was something I was a bit worried about (or excited about.... i'll never confess), but my PC's were brilliant! Who knew that Faerie Fire was so effective???? Violet, really? Not the most piratey..... And most of those were shining light like lights bulbs.....

Rob2e - You would have dug it! Hut Hut!
AngryDM would curse out loud!

rob2e
February 3rd, 2017, 07:11
So, yes. The dice tower is not working in 3.2.3. And, none of my players could see their dice rolls.....

But, The Dawn Chasers by M.T. Black was fantastic tonight. A TPK was quite possible and was something I was a bit worried about (or excited about.... i'll never confess), but my PC's were brilliant! Who knew that Faerie Fire was so effective???? Violet, really? Not the most piratey..... And most of those were shining light like lights bulbs.....

Rob2e - You would have dug it! Hut Hut!
AngryDM would curse out loud!

I'm cursing outloud RIGHT NOW!

JohnD
February 3rd, 2017, 16:27
Let's hope this is a quick fix....

Moon Wizard
February 3rd, 2017, 21:17
Pushed hot fix for dice tower issue. Another partial fix that I was working on crept into the v3.2.3 build and caused some havoc.

JPG

Gwydion
February 3rd, 2017, 21:20
Pushed hot fix for dice tower issue. Another partial fix that I was working on crept into the v3.2.3 build and caused some havoc.

JPG

Awesome!!! Thanks, JPG.

spite
February 4th, 2017, 02:34
I don't know if this was from 3.2.2 or 3.2.3 but players using manual roll, the damage rolls arent applying to targets if the target is another player, it seems.. This is the case if the damage is rolled by targetting and clicking the damage roll, or drag dropping the damage roll onto the target. Works fine for the GM.

Danimal66
February 8th, 2017, 21:08
Played for the first time in 2 weeks because I had bronchitis Monday night. I no longer saw the ID section on Maps and Images. Was it removed?

Trenloe
February 8th, 2017, 21:26
Played for the first time in 2 weeks because I had bronchitis Monday night. I no longer saw the ID section on Maps and Images. Was it removed?
It's now a campaign option, enable it there.

Patou
February 8th, 2017, 23:32
I know this doesn't go here but I am setting up my game for tomorrow and this just popped up as I wanted to load my Well of Dragons area 6. in RoT.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:822: addToken: Parameter 1 is not the name of a valid image.

This is straight from the FG Module.

Moon Wizard
February 9th, 2017, 00:26
That error is saying that the image linked to in the token placement no longer exists.

Quick questions:

* Can you try reverting the encounter record from the encounters campaign list? Or reverting the module in the Library->Modules screen (right click on module)?
* If that doesn't fix, are you running any extensions?

Regards,
JPG

Patou
February 9th, 2017, 00:46
I revert the changes but did not restart FG. I still repeated the error. The only extension I am running is the black image mask which is not currently activated.

Patou
February 9th, 2017, 00:47
i meant 'it' still repeated the error.... type-o

Trenloe
February 9th, 2017, 00:47
I revert the changes but did not restart FG. I still repeated the error. The only extension I am running is the black image mask which is not currently activated.
What versions for the rulesets you are loading is reported in the chat windows? Please provide a screenshot of the chat window after loading the campaign.

Patou
February 9th, 2017, 01:02
What versions for the rulesets you are loading is reported in the chat windows? Please provide a screenshot of the chat window after loading the campaign.

Trenloe... PM me your email. I can't attach an image here. It only takes urls and my snippet is not embeded.

Patou
February 9th, 2017, 01:03
However it is only loading 3.2.2 which is odd since I did update when 3.2.3. came out. the Auto-update requested it

Trenloe
February 9th, 2017, 01:03
Trenloe... PM me your email. I can't attach an image here. It only takes urls and my snippet is not embeded.
Add it as an attachment. Click the "Go Advanced" button beneath the post edit window and click "Manage Attachments" - then you can upload files.

Moon Wizard
February 9th, 2017, 01:18
The rulesets were not updated for v3.2.3, so they will still report v3.2.2.

Which encounter in RoT is causing the problem? What's the name in the encounter record window? I tried a few on my version, but I may not have tried the same one you did.

Regards,
JPG

Patou
February 9th, 2017, 01:27
Add it as an attachment. Click the "Go Advanced" button beneath the post edit window and click "Manage Attachments" - then you can upload files.

I don't have that option on this thread:( Can't manage attachments.

It says
5E ruleset v3.2.2. for FG
Copy.....

CoreRPG ruleset v3.2.2. for FG
Copy...

Dungeons & Dragons Theme v1.0
for FG
Copy....
D&D Copy...

Dungeons........

Custom Desktop decal
Copy....

Patou
February 9th, 2017, 01:31
The rulesets were not updated for v3.2.3, so they will still report v3.2.2.

Which encounter in RoT is causing the problem? What's the name in the encounter record window? I tried a few on my version, but I may not have tried the same one you did.

Regards,
JPG

It's in Episode 9: Tiamat's Returnbutton on the right. Then i'm selecting Well of Dragons Section 1. Then loading the image and clinking the little red dot link called ''P9-06.06 Main Treasure Chamber'' . From there I'm loading the Encounter (guards). Then trying to load the encounter to my combat tracker and the error appears

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:822: addToken: Parameter 1 is not the name of a valid image.

I'm going directly via the image

Patou
February 9th, 2017, 01:33
It's in Episode 9: Tiamat's Return

I'm going directly via the image button on the right. Then i'm selecting Well of Dragons Section 1. Then loading the image and clinking the little red dot link called ''P9-06.06 Main Treasure Chamber'' . From there I'm loading the Encounter (guards). Then trying to load the encounter to my combat tracker and the error appears

Patou
February 9th, 2017, 03:29
By the way I noticed this as I was working on my campaign and am in no way complaining:) Just giving you dudes a ''Heads-up''

Enjoy, play, and roll them dice when you can! Love all that the team does for the software and the community!

Zacchaeus
February 9th, 2017, 13:52
I've tracked down the problem. There is a missing semi colon in the encounters.txt file which is causing the issue. I've added it to the fix list. Thanks for reporting Patou

Patou
February 9th, 2017, 19:38
I've tracked down the problem. There is a missing semi colon in the encounters.txt file which is causing the issue. I've added it to the fix list. Thanks for reporting Patou

Cool! Glad to be of help!:)

tsemana
February 14th, 2017, 05:55
Question about this feature:

[5E] Background, class, feat, race and skill records can now be copied and edited, as well as exported.

Where is this feature found? How do I get started copying one of these entries?

Moon Wizard
February 14th, 2017, 06:22
If you click on the Library, there are 4 buttons across the top (GM, Play, Create, All). These buttons will customize the tabletop sidebar to have different buttons, depending on the play mode you want to use. Also, you can turn them on/off individually as well. You can also click on the entries right at the top of the library to access those record types.

Once you have opened the campaign list for the relevant record type, you can copy and edit those records.

Regards,
JPG

tsemana
February 14th, 2017, 06:42
If you click on the Library, there are 4 buttons across the top (GM, Play, Create, All). These buttons will customize the tabletop sidebar to have different buttons, depending on the play mode you want to use. Also, you can turn them on/off individually as well. You can also click on the entries right at the top of the library to access those record types.

Once you have opened the campaign list for the relevant record type, you can copy and edit those records.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks for the response. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be dense, but I knew how to get the buttons on the side menu, and how to select modules to make that content accessible in the lists.

But when I have a list open, say Classes. How do I copy the Bard entry in order to edit the copy? Do I right-click somewhere? Do I open the record? (opening the record and clicking the closed padlock does nothing in the UI)... That's where I'm not sure how to proceed.

Moon Wizard
February 14th, 2017, 07:51
Grab the link icon (small brown shield in default 5E theme) that appears in the campaign list or in the upper left corner of the record detail window, and drop it on the campaign list to make a copy.

Cheers,
JPG

Mavrik6666
February 14th, 2017, 09:20
Feeling a little fuddled here too... Campaign List?

You open PHB, Open Bard. Grab Bard (top left shield) and ... drag it where ?

Guess I am not sure what the 'campaign list' is

Trenloe
February 14th, 2017, 09:26
Campaign List = Campaign Data - one of the lists accessible from the buttons down the right side of the desktop. If you want to copy a class, open the Class campaign data list and drag your bard class there.

Mavrik6666
February 14th, 2017, 10:44
Cheers :)

tsemana
February 14th, 2017, 19:39
Feeling a little fuddled here too... Campaign List?

You open PHB, Open Bard. Grab Bard (top left shield) and ... drag it where ?

Guess I am not sure what the 'campaign list' is

Glad someone else asked that question.. Not a very intuitive UI.

Andraax
February 14th, 2017, 19:58
Here is an image showing the campaign list for "Classes". I have dragged the original Bard class, and dropped it back onto the list. You'll note that the original is still associated with the PHB, while the new one is not. I have then opened the new one, and unlocked it so that it can be edited.

https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/screenshot0118.png

damned
February 14th, 2017, 22:30
Glad someone else asked that question.. Not a very intuitive UI.

If you are dragging a race drag into a blank spot of the races window.
If you are dragging a background drag it into a blank spot of the backgrounds window.
If you are dragging a class...

You cant play a role playing game without reading the books.
This is a complicated piece of software that allows you to do a lot of stuff - it does require you to learn how to use the stuff.

It doesnt have a UI similar to many other applications but it doesnt do a job that many other applications do.

tsemana
February 15th, 2017, 04:23
If you are dragging a race drag into a blank spot of the races window.
If you are dragging a background drag it into a blank spot of the backgrounds window.
If you are dragging a class...

You cant play a role playing game without reading the books.
This is a complicated piece of software that allows you to do a lot of stuff - it does require you to learn how to use the stuff.

It doesnt have a UI similar to many other applications but it doesnt do a job that many other applications do.

Sorry if my comment came out as overly negative. The comment is an observation and not a condemnation.

respectfully

Bidmaron
February 15th, 2017, 05:03
Tsemana, you will find that this community will answer your questions. Maybe not instantly, but undoubtedly.

I have come to learn that the different UI here is a strength because it helps with the immersion. While I love realmworks in addition to FG I cannot use that software (or any other I know of) without the harsh, modern computer interface intruding on my medieval experience.

The problem is, as you noted, the documentation isn't perfect. But that is because SW modifies and improves faster than the user base can update the documentation. It is just a price for having accesss to such fine software.

I can guarantee you that damned meant no aspersion. He and Trenloe are two of our luminaries. You will see that as you stick around.

But we can all sometimes be a little testy when it comes to calling into question the shortfalls of FG. Just forgive us if you can....

tsemana
February 15th, 2017, 05:14
Tsemana, you will find that this community will answer your questions. Maybe not instantly, but undoubtedly.

I have come to learn that the different UI here is a strength because it helps with the immersion. While I love realmworks in addition to FG I cannot use that software (or any other I know of) without the harsh, modern computer interface intruding on my medieval experience.

The problem is, as you noted, the documentation isn't perfect. But that is because SW modifies and improves faster than the user base can update the documentation. It is just a price for having accesss to such fine software.

I can guarantee you that damned meant no aspersion. He and Trenloe are two of our luminaries. You will see that as you stick around.

But we can all sometimes be a little testy when it comes to calling into question the shortfalls of FG. Just forgive us if you can....

Thanks Bidmaron, I recognize that the community has a steadfast and super-helpful group of veterans and mods, Trenloe and Damned having been super helpful in many of my own queries. And I recognize the protectiveness in myself as well. I've updated response to reflect that.

damned
February 15th, 2017, 05:54
Hi tsemana obviously my response to you was taken as negative... it wasnt intended as such - it was a response to your question and to your comment.
The first half was trying to answer the question where to drag it to and the second part was simply about the software and its UI.
Its not perfect and it is complicated so it does take some effort to learn.
Please accept my apologies for coming across short or otherwise...

Trenloe
February 15th, 2017, 06:58
Please accept my apologies for coming across short...
Bl00dy halflings! ;)

damned
February 15th, 2017, 07:04
Bl00dy halflings! ;)

Ha - my halfling bard Braefoot just a few minutes ago kicked the Guard Captain who was snoozing under a tree :)

Mavrik6666
February 15th, 2017, 10:32
I'm fine with the UI, I think easy enough.. maybe some of the nomenclature is a little hard to grasp, but comes with time :)