PDA

View Full Version : SKT Eye of the All Father Map Question

jojogladco
February 2nd, 2017, 16:05
The prerendered grid on this map appear to be 70px squares. The scale listed in the module for the hallway is a 40 foot wide hallway. So I'd need to split each prerendered square into 4 spaces to scale correctly. The issue I'm running into is that the grid tool draws in 1px increments and I need a 17.5px square. Otherwise I'm left with a grid that doesn't line up with the pre drawn lines and that's driving me a bit nuts. Is there a tool that I'm missing which would allow me to easily get this grid set up? I'm almost ready to just up the scale to a 50 foot hallway and use 14px squares and call it good.

Zacchaeus
February 2nd, 2017, 17:00
I had to do a bit of compromising for this map (and indeed all of the maps for SKT). If I'd put it to scale it would have been too big and I couldn't figure a way to cut the map up satisfactorily. So the grid is drawn to 35px rather then the normal 50 and each grid square is 10' rather than 5. That shouldn't really make much difference to the combats which take place here. There isn't really a way for you to get a 5' grid onto it without the grid drifting off the predrawn baked in grid of the map.

jojogladco
February 2nd, 2017, 17:37
Thanks for your quick reply and hard work as always!

I think for myself I'm going to live with the grid being slightly off. I've found with my players that if they have to zoom in on tiny squares it really hits them that they are dealing with a much larger scale than the normal maps I toss out for them.