PDA

View Full Version : Chat Message?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 2nd, 2017, 14:36
I would like to know where I find the chat message that appears when some player connects or disconnects from the game.

LordEntrails
February 2nd, 2017, 16:11
I'm not sure what you mean. It appears in the Chat window.... something like "Bob has connected." "Lord Entrails has disconnected."

In the campaign folder, there is a chatlog.html file that records everything.

Andraax
February 2nd, 2017, 16:14
In the Chat Box.

Also, in the Chat Log.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 2nd, 2017, 16:36
CoreRPG, I ask because I wanna translate this :D

LordEntrails
February 2nd, 2017, 16:59
Oh, you want to know where it's generated. I suspect it's done in the executable and not the Lua/XML, but I don't have any idea.

Andraax
February 2nd, 2017, 17:01
I just searched through all the code for CoreRPG and it's not in there. So, I suspect that LordEntrails is correct.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 2nd, 2017, 17:14
I know that in the campaign there is a chat log where everything that has been written appears, scrolling, but the message that a player connected or disconnected from the match that appears in the chat has to come from somewhere, what I have to know is if This message is contained in some .xml or some .lua file
'Player' connected
'Player' disconnected

Andraax
February 2nd, 2017, 18:12
I know that in the campaign there is a chat log where everything that has been written appears, scrolling, but the message that a player connected or disconnected from the match that appears in the chat has to come from somewhere, what I have to know is if This message is contained in some .xml or some .lua file
'Player' connected
'Player' disconnected

"I suspect it's done in the executable and not the Lua/XML"

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 2nd, 2017, 18:28
I understood Andraax..please what a pity ... it lacked this to translate and of course to make a ruleset with GURPS in Brazilian Portuguese, the rest is ready.
It would be cool if you had Fantasy Grounds in other languages: D
Something to say, official ...

LordEntrails
February 2nd, 2017, 18:34
..please what a pity ...
Yep

It would be cool if you had Fantasy Grounds in other languages: D
Something to say, official ...
I believe this has been discussed before. The current architecture doesn't support. Unity does and FGU will probably be able to be localized, eventually.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 3rd, 2017, 02:09
Great news! Lord Entrails, I like to help in the translation :D

LordEntrails
February 3rd, 2017, 02:59
Great news! Lord Entrails, I like to help in the translation :D
I don't know if its news, it's more like a cursory understanding of Unity and speculation... :)

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2017, 04:20
The main thing Unity will bring will be the ability to use more mainstream fonts and cater for languages that use characters that aren't currently in the FG fonts. I don't know if this will be available at first release and anything else (like the ability to change a hard coded chat message) will need to be deliberately exposed by the developers.