PDA

View Full Version : Moving Players From Map To Map

JHale1966
February 2nd, 2017, 10:13
I have grouped my player's tokens together and selected all of them but when I try to move them to another image (Map), it only moves the one that I happen to have the mouse over and not the rest. Do I need to move them individually or is there a way to do it as a group?

Thanks! :)

Jim

Ken L
February 2nd, 2017, 10:44
I just copy/paste them and delete the old tokens.

JHale1966
February 2nd, 2017, 10:55
By using Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V? That's not working for me. :/

damned
February 2nd, 2017, 10:57
I just copy/paste them and delete the old tokens.

If these are tokens placed from the Combat Tracker they can only be on one map at a time. If you can have them on two maps then they are most likely not linked to the Combat Tracker....

damned
February 2nd, 2017, 10:59
I have grouped my player's tokens together and selected all of them but when I try to move them to another image (Map), it only moves the one that I happen to have the mouse over and not the rest. Do I need to move them individually or is there a way to do it as a group?

Thanks! :)

Jim

Use the 9 dots icon/button to select all the tokens and then when you drag it looks like only one is dragging but they all go.

JHale1966
February 2nd, 2017, 11:00
Ah-HA! Ok, so I'm not going crazy. :) Thank you.

Another quick question - how can I bring up the options to select tokens? I had it come up once but now it doesn't matter where I right-click, when I hit layers, the token selection options are gone. :/

JHale1966
February 2nd, 2017, 11:08
Never mind - got it.

I had the images locked so I didn't have the selection button at the top.

Thanks!

Nickademus
February 2nd, 2017, 11:13
If these are tokens placed from the Combat Tracker they can only be on one map at a time. If you can have them on two maps then they are most likely not linked to the Combat Tracker....

If they are in the Combat Tracker, grab the green 'friendly' faction button (it will appear differently depending on the ruleset) and drag it to the map. It will place all the friendly characters in a diagonal line on the new map. You can also do this with the 'neutral' and 'hostile' faction buttons to drop all the neutral or hostile creatures on the new map.

JHale1966
February 2nd, 2017, 11:17
So pretty much everything works based on who/what is in the CT and go from there?

Bidmaron
February 2nd, 2017, 13:14
Wasn't there something you could do from party marching order to place them on battle map in order?

Callum
February 2nd, 2017, 13:33
Dragging PC tokens from one map to another often seems to result in the tokens being resized in odd ways. Because of this, I've taken to deleting the tokens from the first map and them adding them to the new one from the Combat Tracker.

LordEntrails
February 2nd, 2017, 15:22
When you add from the CT to a new map, it removes them from the old :)

Ken L
February 4th, 2017, 13:12

I run SR5e, so there's no automation to use. It's how I do it anyway.