PDA

View Full Version : Players connecting but not loading

Comraw
February 2nd, 2017, 10:05
Hey all,

I am using Hamachi for my Players to connect (which seems to work) and in my chatlog I can see "username connected". But The other person is stuck in the "Join Game" UI with the progress bar staying empty and saying connecting forever.
What can I do?

Players can connect using either the hamachi ipv4 or the hamachi local adress.

Cheers,

Comraw

damned
February 2nd, 2017, 10:54
Hi Comraw are you or your player using WiFi? How far from your AccessPoint are you?
If you do:

ping 8.8.8.8 -n 500

and in another cmd prompt do:

ping 192.168.0.1 -n 500

but substitute 192.168.0.1 for your routers IP address, do you get more than 1% dropouts?

has anyone successfully connected to you before?
how many and what modules/books are you sharing with the green tick?

Comraw
February 2nd, 2017, 11:21
Hey damned, thanks for your quick reply.

We are both connected via cable to our respective routers.
We could only "connect" through hamachi, not tunngle.
Both ping commands worked without problem.
I was able to connect to myself (with to programs on the same computer, and from another computer through my own wifi).

Cheers

damned
February 2nd, 2017, 11:34
PM me your Hamachi details and server details and I will try and connect to you.
Have you attempted to configure your router already for port forwarding?

LordEntrails
February 2nd, 2017, 15:31
As implied but not discussed earlier, how much are you sharing? If you are sharing lots, especially through Hamachi, it could take an hour just for the players to download everything. Start your test with absolutely nothing shared and no extensions enabled. Then if they don't finish connecting within 5-10 minutes you can investigate further :)

damned
February 2nd, 2017, 22:07
There is something funky going on - probably with firewall rules or something...
We can connect on localhost, local LAN and via my VPN server but not via Hamachi or Tunngle - it connects but no other data is transferred...

Comraw
February 3rd, 2017, 12:19
So I tried it again with my friend just now and after connecting for like 10-15 min he was able to join my game.
This is kind of sub optimal, that we have to wait this long (since with your vpn, damned, it only took a few seconds) but I guess it works for now.
I guess hamachi is really limiting the speed of the network.

Cheers

damned
February 3rd, 2017, 12:24
Ho Comraw - I had just sent you an email a few minutes ago.

Comraw
February 4th, 2017, 23:32
Damned solved it for me, because he is awesome :)

Nylanfs
February 5th, 2017, 01:02
Shhhh, keep it down. He'll hear you.

Trenloe
February 5th, 2017, 17:35
What was the issue?

Comraw
February 5th, 2017, 23:01
What was the issue?

The issue was as described in the first post.
Damned offered to help me fix the issue via screen sharing.
After half an hour of checking my firewall settings and so on, damned still couldn't connect to my game session.
He tried to connect with his private vpn server, et voilą, it worked perfectly.
So we determined it was an issue with hamachi (and tunngle) which couldn't be solved just like that (something about my ISP not allowing NATs, I think?).

So damned offered me to use his own vpn so I can play with my friends. Certainly not a perfect solution, but one I'm nonetheless very happy with.

Cheers

For everyone else experiencing this kind of problem: I'm sorry there is no solution here.

damned
February 5th, 2017, 23:14
We went thru a stack of firewall rules, checked the usual security settings etc
Steam connections would make the initial connection but no additional data would transfer.
LAN and localhost connections were fast.
On my VPN it connected instantly.
We have just gone with that for now - he is using a non standard port so that I can continue to use the VPN when needed too.