PDA

View Full Version : New Player LFG to introduce me to D&D :D

Riley
February 2nd, 2017, 02:31
I have considered buying and playing D&D for a while and my wife encouraged me to buy it with FG so I did and I am excited to find a group! I already made a tiefling wizard named draxnagar but i can play another class if needed. i liked the idea of being a necromancer though! I applied on the game calandar but it didn't seem like everyone uses that to make games so i wanted to post here too! thanks for any consideration and advice! :D

Hey an update: I have found a great group; the community here has been absolutely incredible thank you to everyone that has given advice and a special thanks to dulux for his videos on youtube! they helped me so much learning how to use FG.

dulux-oz
February 2nd, 2017, 03:40
Hi Riley, and Welcome! to the Community,

If you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers

Riley
February 2nd, 2017, 14:03
well thanks! actually the youtube videos confirmed that i wanted to buy FG xD i didnt watch them all but they have helped me getting started and making my first character! i will continue to watch and learn :D

damned
February 2nd, 2017, 22:05
Welcome Riley

Your best bet is to calculate your availability in EST/MST/CST/PST/UTC/CET/JST/AEST and apply for games that you see advertised that fit your schedule.
Visit the site every day and use the https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post New Posts link to just see the new stuff.

JohnD
February 3rd, 2017, 01:19
Your wife is a keeper if she's encouraging your hobby.

Welcome!

KainVorador
February 7th, 2017, 16:48
Still looking?