PDA

View Full Version : Application Non-Responsive During Module Loading

Playdrian
February 1st, 2017, 14:22
Howdy! I realize I took up some people's time last night. Thanks for your help!

I'm currently trying to get a session up and running, and the application freezes when I load modules, specifically bestiaries.

I recently purchased Tome of Horrors Complete and Tome of Horrors 4 and some Map Packs through the webstore.

I updated the application through Steam, and it seemed to update the relevant modules before crashing. They appear in my module library. However, when I double click them to add them to the game, the application becomes non-responsive.

Any tips/tricks/help on this issue? I went a few pages back on the forum and couldn't find any instruction.

irish_carbomb
February 1st, 2017, 15:41
When i load modules, my client also becomes unresponsive for a couple of seconds but then it's fine. It does the same thing when I host a game and a player joins, the client freezes for about 5 seconds then is fine. I think this is normal.

Is your client freezing then crashing or does it freeze for a couple of seconds and then is fine.

Trenloe
February 1st, 2017, 15:48
Freezing for a few seconds is expected. The current FG architecture is single threaded and so when a lot of processing has to be done (opening modules, adding complex NPCs/PCs to the combat tracker, players joining, etc.) the GM will experience unresponsiveness from FG while it does the intensive processing. It will soon return to normal operation.

Playdrian
February 1st, 2017, 15:50
Roger, thank you!