PDA

View Full Version : Why will my created content not export to a new module?

claedawg
January 31st, 2017, 17:47
When making a new module from the UI it will not export some of the content I dragged over to the window. Does anyone know why this happens? It shows up in the Module Export window but when I open it in a new campaign, it is not there.

Zacchaeus
January 31st, 2017, 17:52
What is it you are trying to export? You don't need to drag things over you can simply tick the boxes eg backgrounds, story etc. Also anything which is already in a module can't be re-exported (just in case you are trying to do this).

claedawg
January 31st, 2017, 18:36
What is it you are trying to export? You don't need to drag things over you can simply tick the boxes eg backgrounds, story etc. Also anything which is already in a module can't be re-exported (just in case you are trying to do this).

Must be because I already have those items that are not exporting in another module I made. Th reason I dragged was because I didn't want everything in the campaign to export, just specific items. Thanks for the reply. You've been helpful on my both my posts the last couple of days :) Would be nice if they implemented an auto module creation feature when you create a new group or make it where you can choose specific groups to export to a module. I tend to work on multiple things at the same time for that AiME game I was talking about in the Par5e post that really need to go to separate modules. I have a hard time focusing in creation mode and if I don't get started on an idea when I have it, it disappears from my brain later, lol.

Zacchaeus
January 31st, 2017, 20:51
If you want to create a number of modules then I would suggest that you create a new campaign for each thing that you want to create. That way, if you want to edit, add or delete things you can just go to that campaign do what you need and re-export.

LordEntrails
January 31st, 2017, 21:05
Have you checked out this Post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33538-Adventure-Module-Creation-Best-Practices)and the document attached to the start?

claedawg
January 31st, 2017, 23:34
Have you checked out this Post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33538-Adventure-Module-Creation-Best-Practices)and the document attached to the start?

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help and the link.

LordEntrails
February 1st, 2017, 00:55
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help and the link.
You are welcome :)