PDA

View Full Version : Extending the Adventure Deck

geewaagh
January 31st, 2017, 11:56
Hello all,

I am trying to add customer cards to the adventure deck and having a bit of trouble getting started. According to the documentation, the first thing I should do is copy the pre-configured “AdventureDeckConfig” folder into the “extensions” folder. This folder can be found either within the ”Adventure Deck” folder, or “AdventureDeck.pak” file within the “extensions” folder. I purchased the add-on and it was added via a fantasy grounds update, not a download.

Anyway, no such .pak file or folder exist in my FG directory. There is a adventure_deck.mod file in the modules directory, a AdventureDeck.ext in the extensions directory, and a Adventure Deck.xml in the \campaigns\Pirates\moduledb directory. I can unpack the .mod file, see the cards, but I am unsure how to make the extensions option "Adventure deck Configuration" show up as an option in the "load campaign" menu.

Thoughts?

geewaagh

chillybilly
January 31st, 2017, 12:58
nm, I misread your post. Deleting my suggestion

Topdecker
January 31st, 2017, 16:28
Copy the EXT file to a new folder, rename it so it is a ZIP file, and then extract the needed folder.

https://i.imgur.com/XTevMh9.jpg

geewaagh
January 31st, 2017, 20:29
Topdecker,

Works like a charm. It would be nice if they had the documentation correct. Thx!

geewaagh
January 31st, 2017, 22:07
Next question:

How do I replace artwork on standard cards? module and extension?

Greg

Doswelk
January 31st, 2017, 22:34
Been years since I did it but I think you would edit the adventuredecconfig.lua and replace the image value:

e.g.

["Ace"] = { name = "Ace", effect = "Play instead of rolling to make a trait test with a single automatic raise.", image = "refimage.cards.ace@Adventure Deck"}