PDA

View Full Version : Getting my FG copy available on Steam

Atua
January 31st, 2017, 09:51
Hello to all who read this, I was wondering what needed to be done for my FG license to be available on steam. I have the Player license which has since been upgraded to the Standard License at January this year. I assume that the standard license is the one used for Steam verification.

Also, I noticed that the sales on steam for Fantasy Grounds seem to be shown at the FG store as well. Does this mean whenever a FG steam product is on sale in steam, it is also on sale on the FG store? If that is the case, I would prefer to buy through FG as then SmiteWorks don't have to pay valve for a cut of the purchase.

Zacchaeus
January 31st, 2017, 11:35
Smiteworks send licenses to Steam every so often so once Steam knows what you license is then you'll be able to register it with Steam and run FG through Steam.

Yes, if there is a sale then the sale items can be found in both places, so you can buy at either.

damned
January 31st, 2017, 11:38
Hi Atua - approx every 6 weeks keys from FG are uploaded to Steam. Keys bought on Steam are instantly available here.
Yeah sales will be very closely aligned between the two stores - give or take a few hours and the odd human error - so you can buy where it works best for you.
If you have a Mac though you should buy here as the Steam DLC wont download for a Mac.

Topdecker
January 31st, 2017, 16:34
Out of curiousity, does this cross-platform update include all products or just the core engine?

Thanks

Trenloe
January 31st, 2017, 16:46
Out of curiousity, does this cross-platform update include all products or just the core engine?
Just the core product, not DLC.

Topdecker
January 31st, 2017, 16:53
Yeah, that is a slight problem for me. I bought the DLR package on Steam not knowing that the core rules were in the package - it showed the same price as what was on the main FG site. Anyhow, it did not have a catalog module and instead had the core rules (which I already owned) - and the two items had the same price so I did not notice it. Smite was good enough to hook me up with the catalog, but the problem now is that I will have to buy the catalog in order to take advantage of the package price on Steam. There have been no updates thus far, but eventually something new will come along.

LordEntrails
January 31st, 2017, 16:58
Yeah, that is a slight problem for me. I bought the DLR package on Steam not knowing that the core rules were in the package - it showed the same price as what was on the main FG site. Anyhow, it did not have a catalog module and instead had the core rules (which I already owned) - and the two items had the same price so I did not notice it. Smite was good enough to hook me up with the catalog, but the problem now is that I will have to buy the catalog in order to take advantage of the package price on Steam. There have been no updates thus far, but eventually something new will come along.
I believe you can contact SMiteWorks at [email protected] and ask them to consolidate your purchases to one location or the other. Not sure and I do know if requires manual stuff so not something you would want to do more than once.

Atua
February 1st, 2017, 00:32
Thanks for the info Damned and Zacchaeus