PDA

View Full Version : Scarred Lands campaign

azhrei331
November 4th, 2005, 07:21
within the next few weeks, i will be running a D&D campaign set in the Scarred Lands setting. the SRD ruleset will be modified to include new spells, monsters, prestige classes, and other powers. the game will most likely take place on saturday evenings, but sunday games are also a possibility. anyone interested please email me at [email protected]

Nefariou5
November 4th, 2005, 08:30
What's your time-frame?

azhrei331
November 4th, 2005, 08:41
the time frame is still a little up in the air, partially because i'll be running for my friends a few time zones away. we will mostly be playing on saturdays and usually around 7-8pm EST. i already have 3 players, so i can support another 3-4 more. again, it'll be a couple weeks before things get off the ground, but we will be playing.

azhrei331
November 10th, 2005, 02:58
just a quick update for everyone...my Scarred Lands campaign will begin this friday. we will be starting as 1st level characters in Mullis Town on eastern Ghelspad. i still have room for one or two more players, so if anyone is interested please let me know. no previous experience in the setting is necessary.

azhrei331
November 10th, 2005, 18:04
i should also mention that i'd like to keep this campaign for mature audiences only, so please respond only if you are 21 years of age or older. thanks!

Syric Blackflame
November 11th, 2005, 16:57
I am very interested in joining the campaign. Please email me at [email protected] if you are still taking on players.

azhrei331
November 11th, 2005, 17:50
my apologies to everyone, but the Scarred Lands is at capacity. however, i will be keeping this message string alive with updates. if anyone quits, i'll reopen the campaign to players. thank you all for the interest!

jay

azhrei331
November 12th, 2005, 05:58
My thanks to all that joined in the first session of the Unity of Six, Scarred Lands campaign. The party, consisting of a dwarven cleric of Madriel, dwarven monk, elven ranger, half elf sorcerer, human rogue, and human paladin, guarded a trade caravan, owned by the old dwarf Kothak, following the Cordrada Corridor from Mullis Town to Mithril. After some brief thieving activities were suspected outside the Serpentine Pass, the paladin witnessed a holy beacon fired into the air, signalling another paladin in distress. They quickly dispatched the orcs that accosted him, but were too late to save his life. Swearing to deliver his ornate sword back to his family, the party continued with the caravan to Mithril. Kothak informed them to meet at The Flayed Corsair, a popular tavern on the eastern docks, after dark. Two members returned the body of the dead paladin to his parents, the Baron and Baroness Dunkirk. Both were very distraught about their only son's death and offered his ornate sword as reward. The baroness also inquired about a sachel her son carried, which contained an ancient ivory scroll case. She offered a substantial reward for its return, though her eagerness raised suspicions.

Next session in two weeks!

Jay

Lord Robert of Worcester
November 15th, 2005, 23:47
I never heard of scarded lands before. but it sounds interesting.
Im interested. tell me when, if u have room

azhrei331
November 16th, 2005, 00:45
unfortunately my game is all full at the moment. however, if anyone drops out i'll post it on this string. if you're interested in the Scarred Lands setting, there should be some info at https://www.swordsorcery.com/scarredlands/. thanks for the interest!

jay

Towoen
November 22nd, 2005, 22:00
Hi, I'm a roleplayer of about 6 years now, been playing Scarred Lands since November 2000 on the company's online city and it contributes by far to most of my D&D experience. I understand that you're currently full but should any spaces open up I would be interested, saturday's rarely being a problem.

azhrei331
November 26th, 2005, 06:31
After arriving in the city of Mithril, the party's current employer, Kothak, tells them to meet him at the Flayed Corsair, a popular tavern on the eastern docks. When they show up, Kothak is in a terrible mood, having learned that his shipment was two crates light. As he is hiring the party for the task of finding the thieves at the traders' camp, a merchant enters the bar with two half-orc enforcers and makes toward the old dwarf. The party is soon caught up in a bar fight that involves half the patrons. Despite the rash use of a longsword, everyone escapes relatively unharmed and out of trouble. Early the next morning before heading out with Kothak, a messenger is sent from the Baron Dunkirk, who has learned that his missing scroll case is in the possession of a village of Scorchskull Orcs. The paladin, Lady Jade, eagerly accepts the quest on behalf of the party, especially after the promise of great reward. Five days travel south along the Cordrada Corridor leads them into a nighttime ambush by a couple of night howlers, large ape-like beasts with terrifying screams. Despite some difficulty, the beasts were dispatched. However, the party's mission is far from over!

More to some soon....

azhrei331
December 14th, 2005, 17:13
due to other projects i have going, i have reduced the Scarred Lands campaign to every other saturday. however, i do have one opening available for a single player to jump in. the game runs this saturday at 7pm EST. anyone interested can contact me on this thread or send me a PM. sorry...first come first served.

jay

azhrei331
December 18th, 2005, 07:52
hello again all! at the behest of the dwarf Kothak, the party continued to the Trader's Camp, where they snuffed out the smuggling ring and returned the stolen merchandise. from there, the party traveled to the barbarian town of Mansk to seek out Horsemaster Tivvien Klesh for assistance in recovering the ivory scroll from the orc village. after bypassing the gorgon lands without incident, they met with Klesh in Mansk and completed a small task for him. with the assistance of eight barbarian riders and the paladin Fena Diamondheart, three of the party members headed north and staged an assault on a village of Scorchskull Orcs. After defeating the vicious Chief Krok and slaughtering 2/3 of the orcs, the party faced off against the orc shaman Grimnik. The shaman escaped, but not before killing Fena. They now prepare to return to Mansk and get ready to return the ivory scroll to Mithril.

for anyone interested, we do have one opening in the party. they really need a healer! the next game will not be until after the new year, so anyone interested can contact me on this thread or through a PM.