PDA

View Full Version : Blowing Up A Monster Image For Players To See

JHale1966
January 31st, 2017, 00:35
What's the process for showing players a blown up monster image if they ask to see what it looks like? Trying to get last minute questions out of the way before tomorrow.

Thanks!

Jim

Trenloe
January 31st, 2017, 00:38
Load it in your campaign as an image and then share it with the players, just like any other image file you might share with the players. This process isn't very practical once in game (unless you're super quick), so if this is something that you want to do (and you don't have a creature modules that contains the creature image) then prepare the images ahead of time. The usual image recommendations apply - keep the image file small (JPG format, well below 1MB in file size for images like this) and with a resolution that will fit on most people's screens.

JHale1966
January 31st, 2017, 00:41
OK - that's what I figured. I was hoping there was a way to do it off, say, the monster sheet so I wouldn't have to have a bunch of extra images in the folder. Kinda like doing a Shift Z in Roll20 off the token.

No biggie. Thanks! :)

Jim

LordEntrails
January 31st, 2017, 00:55
Well, if you have one of the NPC books (like a Monster Manual, Tomb of Beasts, etc) then many of those will have images that you can share from the notes page of the NPC 'sheet'.