PDA

View Full Version : 5e. Tables causing errors, and not loading information

kathis
January 30th, 2017, 20:39
Hello I was unable to see a thread that talked about this so I am hoping maybe it's not me?
I even went as far as to make a new clean campaign with 5e, but still got the error.

string "scripts/data_library_5E.lua"]:160: attempt to call field 'setDefaultSidebarState' (a nil value)

Opening a table will cause the following errors to appear

Ruleset Error: window: Control (name) anchoring to uncalculated control (rightanchor) in windowclass (table_header)
Ruleset Error: window: Control (name) anchoring to uncalculated control (rightanchor) in windowclass (table_header)

Monster manual also is affected fortunately I have physical books to reference.

Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (list_column) in windowclass (npc_combat)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (list_column) in windowclass (npc_combat)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_main.lua"]:78: attempt to index global 'traits' (a nil value)

Everything below Traits doesn't load.

Not sure if this may be the problem but I am not sure how to fix it.

5E ruleset v3.2.2 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

CoreRPG ruleset v3.2.1 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

I've hit update, check for updates, removed the CoreRPG and force it to update again, only to have it stuck on this version. My license is 3.2.2 Ultimate

I am not sure what to do. I await the forums sagely advice.

Mortar
January 30th, 2017, 20:51
CoreRPG should be v.3.2.2 as well. At least mine is when I start a new campaign. Have you unpacked the CoreRPG ruleset at anytime in the past and have extra files in the ruleset folder?

kathis
January 30th, 2017, 21:02
I have, that's why I removed the coreRPG.pak from the ruleset folder to force a New installment of it, still comes up as 3.2.1

Zacchaeus
January 30th, 2017, 21:22
Make sure you don't have two installs. And delete the CORE and 5e.paks and reupdate.

kathis
January 30th, 2017, 21:49
I've attempted Zacchaeus solution, by deleting both 5e.pak and CoreRPG.pak and reupdating

CoreRPG.pak is still coming up as "CoreRPG ruleset v3.2.1 for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC"

Same errors as above, though I am not sure if I just missed it, but I didn't see the console pop up when I loaded up the campaign.

Zacchaeus
January 30th, 2017, 21:58
Did you check to see if you have more than one data folder or install?

Trenloe
January 30th, 2017, 22:08
Check for a CoreRPG directory in your <FG App Data>\rulesets directory. This will override the CoreRPG.pak file. Delete the CoreRPG directory, or rename to something like CoreRPG_321 if you don't want to delete it.

kathis
January 30th, 2017, 23:28
Towards Zacchaeus:
There is one file of installation, though there is a backup I have when I switched over to this computer, but it's not tied into the same installation (like completely different hard drive directory)

Towards Trenloe:
I did not know this... I was looking in the App Directory though not the Data directory (since the data directory didn't appear to have any rulesets, just modules and extensions.)

I believe I am using default settings
App: Program Files (x86) | Fantasy Grounds
Data: ProgramData | Fantasy Grounds

Is there any other place I should be looking?

(I used pipes because apparently slashes are restricted to post? Either that or it was the at sign...)

Zacchaeus
January 30th, 2017, 23:47
You should have a ruleset folder in your AppData directory. If you don't then FG is reading files from a different location than you think. The default directory used to be User/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds but win 10 seems to like Program Data. So if you upgraded your OS the data directory may have changed.

Trenloe
January 30th, 2017, 23:54
Start FG. Click there folder icon in the top right of the main splash screen, this will open the FG app data directory in Windows explorer. Then enter the "rulesets" directory. Check here for directory called CoreRPG, and delete it if it exists.

kathis
January 31st, 2017, 13:00
Sorry for the later response,
Zacchaeus The folder directory you speak of doesn't exist for me, for some reason.

Trenloe The folder side icon at the top brings me to the Data folder "ProgramData | Fantasy Grounds"
The one I removed rulesets from.

Should I just uninstall fantasy grounds and reinstall at this point? O.o
Just got to remember to grab the campaign folder before I do so I guess.

Trenloe
January 31st, 2017, 15:55
Trenloe The folder side icon at the top brings me to the Data folder "ProgramData | Fantasy Grounds"
The one I removed rulesets from.
Run an update. FG should re-download the rulesets you deleted. If you have a ruleset directory called CoreRPG: <FG App data>\rulesets\CoreRPG then delete this. You should just have a single CoreRPG.pak file in <FG App data>\rulesets

kathis
January 31st, 2017, 21:09
\o.o/ that was it, Trenloe. I didn't know that folders worked as well as the .pak files

I had a folder of Core made because I was trying to figure out how to make my own custom ruleset. I was under the impression for some reason that only the .pak files would be read. Thanks ^^

Bidmaron
January 31st, 2017, 21:40
We see this time and again. One thing the devs should consider is maybe highlighting ruleset in red or something like that if the ruleset is coming from non-pak, as well as extension names of non-mod files