PDA

View Full Version : LFP for DDAL5-01 Treasure of the Broken Hoard [TEXT ONLY] [1st Level]

LindseyFan
January 30th, 2017, 00:30
FG License: Ultimate and All Books
Game System: 5e Adventure League

Time Zone: EST
Day of week and time: Sunday at 9PM EST
If new game, planned start date: February 5th
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3 hours each Sunday
Term: 2 nights per iteration

Text or Voice: Text Only
Voice software used: None

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: need 3-6 players
Character starting level & equipment: 1st Level as per AL Rules
Character restrictions:
If you have an AL legal 2nd level, pm me about openings. Otherwise AL rules for a SKT season character.

Details of your scenario:
I have a DCI# so you will get Adventurer's League credit!

A famous relic hunter seeks adventurers to help her find caches of treasure hidden by the now-defeated followers of the Cult of the Dragon. Her maps and notes may lead the way to great wealth—or a terrible death. And do other parties have designs on the treasure as well?

Link to Gamecalendar page:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2379

Jonkar
January 30th, 2017, 18:03
Wow, finally a text only game! Would love this, however I live in Europe so it's in the middle of the night for me. Have fun though!

LindseyFan
January 30th, 2017, 20:47
Wow, finally a text only game! Would love this, however I live in Europe so it's in the middle of the night for me. Have fun though!
I will be adding more in the coming weeks. Especially the weekend of the 11th-12th. So keep your eye out for a bunch of text only AL games as some are bound to be European and Australian friendly.

BDaniel
February 6th, 2017, 12:24
Great adventure from a great DM. Thank you for a fun night LindseyFan. I would also like to thank our great party for a fantastic time. Tore says' "Dock that Paladin and Rouge a days pay for nappin on the job".

valiantcosmos
February 7th, 2017, 22:50
Yeah, that session was the most miserable dice rolling experience I've had since the last time I played craps in Vegas:) But I do like the idea of using a ready action triggered on you shoving someone with your shield, though that would depend on how Miranda rules on whether I could take the bonus action off-hand attack as part of the readied action. (says the paladin)

LindseyFan
February 7th, 2017, 23:39
He uses a feat to make his shove a bonus action rather than a normal action. And yes, if you had that as a bonus action, you couldn't take an off-hand bonus action.

Anyways, don't worry to much about the dice. Things get better when you start earning additional dies!

SirGraystone
February 8th, 2017, 00:54
Sometime the dice are out to get you :-D

valiantcosmos
February 8th, 2017, 02:09
He uses a feat to make his shove a bonus action rather than a normal action. And yes, if you had that as a bonus action, you couldn't take an off-hand bonus action.

Anyways, don't worry to much about the dice. Things get better when you start earning additional dies!

Miranda, The idea I meant to convey doesn't require a change in character. It's the idea that if, according to our initiatives, the order of turns is: me, Tore, enemy, instead of tacking an attack action on my turn, I would take a 'ready' action in which I would ready my attack action to be triggered by the enemy reacting to Tore using his bonus shove action. So on my turn I would move to the enemy and ready my attack action. Then on Tore's turn he would move to the enemy and shove, which would trigger my attack action, and I would attack the enemy, and if the enemy were prone because Tore pushed it down, my attack would have advantage. Then Tore would resume his turn with his attack action. The question is whether the bonus action off-hand attack that is usually enabled by my first hand attack would be enabled as part of a 'readied' attack triggered during Tore's turn, or if I would lose that bonus action if the attack were made as a 'readied' attack triggered by Tore's action.

LindseyFan
February 8th, 2017, 02:26
I see what you mean! Sorry I thought you were asking about a playing style. :)

You deduction is correct that you can't get a bonus action on a readied action. It is just one action or move for the ready action. Even level 5 fighters don't get their extra attack as that is only valid "on your turn."

My best thoughts on how to take advantage (pun intended!) is for you two to watch which enemies would not have a chance to stand up before your turn, and have him focus on those for a knock down. Worst situation is an init where he follows right after you, or a lucky one would be you following right after him.

But I am sure you both are already calculating these devious tactics to maul my NPCs! lol :)