PDA

View Full Version : Changing windowtitlebar

bigbluepaw
January 29th, 2017, 21:25
Hey folks. Sorry for what will probably be a super-simple question. I'm continuing to work on one of the trackers I am developing.

I've stumbled through solving a lot of the issues I've encountered. But I can't find where how to change the title of the windowclass. I know it is in this piece of code.

<windowtitlebar name="title">
<resource>ct_window_title</resource>
</windowtitlebar>

But using the 'find in files' and looking through the entire 5e ruleset, I don't see any references anywhere.

Any help would be considerably appreciated.

damned
January 29th, 2017, 21:31
Its in CoreRPG

Bidmaron
January 29th, 2017, 21:37
Hey, bigbluepaw, I hope you have discovered this priceless place you must spend a few days studying to undertake serious FG development: Developer Guides (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Developer_Guides), particularly this great article (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?14024-Getting-the-Most-Out-of-Notepad) on using Notepad++, which is the tool of choice (for most) in doing lua work.

Nickademus
January 29th, 2017, 21:55
I'm confused. Are you talking about the text that is displayed or the graphic that the text sits on.

The text is in the CoreRPG/strings/strings_ct.xml at the top and has the following code:

<string name="ct_window_title">Combat Tracker</string>

The graphic is in the 5E/graphics/graphics_frames.xml and has the following code:

<framedef name="windowtitle">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/windowtitle.png" />
<offset>56,20,54,11</offset>
</framedef>

Trenloe
January 29th, 2017, 22:01
As has been eluded to above - the resource string you're looking for is in the CoreRPG ruleset. 5E is a layered ruleset which sits on top of CoreRPG, so you should "find in files" in 5E first, and then CoreRPG to look for references, resources, templates, etc..

bigbluepaw
January 29th, 2017, 22:19
Nickademus, I was looking for how to change the text. Thanks for your help.

damned and Trenloe, thanks for your help as well. Frankly, I didn't even know what a 'resource' was. But now that I understand it is a string, I actually solved a couple other issues as well.

I had been trying to figure this out for about 90 minutes, searching and looking in different files. There is no doubt I am a hack. But I'm just trying to develop a tool that will enhance the games I run as a DM.

Again, if I am asking inappropriate questions, let me know. But I figured after 90 minutes, I should ask for a little help other than spend a few more hours on it. With the help here, I learned something new today. Thanks.

Bidmaron
January 29th, 2017, 22:37
If you are going to be serious, you really must spend well more than 90 minutes in those links I sent you.

Trenloe
January 29th, 2017, 23:03
Again, if I am asking inappropriate questions, let me know. But I figured after 90 minutes, I should ask for a little help other than spend a few more hours on it. With the help here, I learned something new today. Thanks.
That's cool - we all need a odd pointer here and there. :)

damned
January 30th, 2017, 01:59
That's cool - we all need a odd pointer here and there. :)

Ahem... was that directed at me? :)

Trenloe
January 30th, 2017, 02:31
Ahem... was that directed at me? :)
Believe it or not, I wasn't thinking of you at all at that point. :D