PDA

View Full Version : LFG, 1 player brand new to FG, LF weekend afternoon or evening PST, 5e

Blood n Whiskey
January 29th, 2017, 18:38
So, as the title says, I'm brand new to Fantasy Grounds. I grew up playing D&D 1st edition, and 2e AD&D. After taking a couple decades off (you know how it is- friends move away, careers get in the way of having fun, etc...), I've jumped back into gaming with 5e. I DM for a small group in person, but I'd really like to branch out and start playing with some new folks.

FG License: I have the Standard license
Time Zone: PST, US
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: I'm pretty open on this. I'd prefer Friday or Saturday evenings, but really any afternoon / early evening works for me. As far as frequency, I'd like to play bi-weekly or weekly.
Term: I'd at least like to play through a module. Ideally, I'd like to join up with a long-term campaign.
Voice: I'll use whatever you want me to.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5e
Game System Experience: D&D 5e, AD&D 2e, Aces & Eights (both as player and GM for all)
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I'm brand-spanking-new, so I'm looking for a group / GM that's willing to be patient with me and show me the ropes.

Character Type Preferred: I'm partial to playing clerics and rogues. I'm not too big on playing home-brewed races or classes.
About me: I consider myself a pretty balanced player. I don't do well in games where everyone is in character at all times, but I do like to role play when it's called for. I prefer games that require the group to think their way out of situations rather than just bash everything that moves. I love good stories and fleshed out characters.

Having been a DM for quite a few games, and knowing how much work can go into getting a campaign up and running, I know how much it sucks when players seemingly do their best to blow your hard work out of the water. I feel like I'm pretty adaptable to most groups' playing styles, and respectful of other gamers and GM's.

I'm really looking forward to meeting some fellow players and having some fun!

TMO
January 30th, 2017, 05:11
Hey there Blood n' Whiskey!

Welcome to the FG community and the discussion forums. Your best best is to keep an eye in the LFG forum for those posts that advertise "LFP" (i.e., Looking for Player). New ones get posted virtually every day so I am certain you'll find one that fits your preference before too long.

FWIW, I think you would be a perfect player for one of my campaigns but I'm not starting anything new. I wish you happy adventuring.