PDA

View Full Version : Adding Dead Stuff and Other Map Decorations

Gix
January 29th, 2017, 03:11
New to FG.

If I want to add a smattering of dead bodies without them being tied to the map itself, or for that matter, furniture, traps, scorch marks after spells are cast and the like...

How do I go about doing that? Let's assume that I already have the image assets I plan on using, but I don't know where to put them to be able to add them to the map

Trenloe
January 29th, 2017, 03:41
You've two options:
1) Add them to the map outside of FG. Use your favourite image editing tool and add them to the map, save as JPG quality 50-75 and import into FG.
2) Set your assets as FG tokens and then within FG add them to the map as you go along. The main issue you'll have here is that tokens interfere with other tokens and you can get token stacking issues. This can be alleviated by using the layer (enhanced images) extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-%28layers%29-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-%28and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG%29 But there are limitations to using this, so make sure you're aware of the info in posts #1 and #2 of that thread.